Sponsored

A few comments on a Lund tune I just flashed in..

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've just logged into my GT the Lund (ngauge) tune which came together with a Steeda power pack (CAI+tune).

The installation was pretty easy, I did it in a few minutes with a little help from a friend who knows better then me all about tuning...

I havent driven the car yet as I'm doing some mods elsewhere but firing the engine on I've notice at the first start the engine had a noticeable stall at idle, then it quickly turned more regular (as before the tune), second I thought that the tune could give to the gas pedal a quicker response, like let's say a pedalmax but it doesn't seem to effect that...

Third, I guess the engine now is allowed to suck more air then before, infact I've mounted the CAI before the tune and before the tune I didn't noticed any sucking noices neither at idles nor under load, instead after the tune was logged in the sucking noice was clear and strong.

As a side issue, is it true that the engine computer needs some running to better adapt to the new tune?

Thanks a lot.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you need to start the car and let it idle for a few minutes and then go for a drive for a few more. The ecu will adapt over time.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
anytime you do a fresh flash you'll need to give it a few

Sponsored

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After a few miles drive I've got a few more coments

The engine doesn't return to idle promptly like it used to do, even if even before the tune the engine wasn't that quick to slow down anyway.

I have a warning engine light, it appeared only after a few miles drive, should I worry?

The engine sounds different, a tad more raspy, more fierce...

And, dulcis in fundo, the engine is much much quick revving up from idle and in any gear, I can clearly feel a power increase even if it seems to show up over 4k revs...

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

The engine doesn't return to idle promptly like it used to do, even if even before the tune the engine wasn't that quick to slow down anyway.

I have a warning engine light, it appeared only after a few miles drive, should I worry?

And, dulcis in fundo, the engine is much much quick revving up from idle and in any gear, I can clearly feel a power increase even if it seems to show up over 4k revs...
code is probably pcm deenergize too early, normal when flashing

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I got a code with my bama tune, but then used the tuner to check it (it was normal code) and clear it

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Clear it (clear DTCs) and do a crank re-learn this is pretty common after flashing.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Huh, didn't know that. To be clear, only do the crank re-learn IF DTC's appear?
You should ideally do it everytime you flash the car, but yes if you get no DTCs or idle issues then you can get away without doing it, but I'd advice its always a good idea to perform a crank relearn. :)

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=18110]panic[/MENTION] these cars like a few key cycles post-flashing a tune. Enjoy your Steeda CAI! :)

15DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush stage 3
You should ideally do it everytime you flash the car, but yes if you get no DTCs or idle issues then you can get away without doing it, but I'd advice its always a good idea to perform a crank relearn. :)
As far as I know you cant do a crank relearn with the Ngauge.:shrug:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Shouldn't have to do a crank relearn just from a tune...