Sponsored

908ssp's Build

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Smart thinking, I like the thermal shielding/insulation installed on the intake path to the SC.

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Next step get the air out from under the hood and not under the car. Trackspec make a really nice vent and one that is as near a perfect fit as you could ask for. The vent starts right at the edge of the radiator and stops just in front of the motor. I just put a quick coat of flat white on it for now I'll have it powder coated white.
Trackspec

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
Love the vents! They flow with the styling on the hood really well.

Always had respect for people willing to cut up their brand new cars :)

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Next step get the air out from under the hood and not under the car. Trackspec make a really nice vent and one that is as near a perfect fit as you could ask for. The vent starts right at the edge of the radiator and stops just in front of the motor. I just put a quick coat of flat white on it for now I'll have it powder coated white.
Trackspec

Excellent! Do you have a shot of the underside of the hood?
Just wondering if it's completely open or if you're using anything to manage excess incoming water?

Sponsored

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I don't have any pictures of the underside I do have this picture taken from the top with the vent removed. You can see that even if a flood of water were to go through it wouldn't effect anything. I had the Tiger Racing hood on my 2010 and drove it in some torrential down pours and the car ran fine. The Tiger hood was open over the airbox and the engine. I suspect that this smaller vent should be darn near as effective as the Tiger vent. It is placed optimally over the gap between the radiator and engine and is located where the air speed on top of the hood will be highest which mean the pressure is lowest. To say nothing about it being much cheaper.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Man...you are one Mad Rocket Fabricator. All your mods are one off's. The hood vents are out of every leage. I couldn't imagine whats next. I really like the blue painted aero perimeter. Did you do those or send them out? The car looks GREAT!

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
...Do those vents seal the gap between the outer and inner skin?

No not at all. Not sure why it would matter. The inner skin is partial skin even stock. I wonder if it will shed the water that gets in there when washing? I haven't washed it yet with the vent. I typically wipe down the engine compartment when I wash the car I'll even spray it down every so often.

One thing I did do not sure it matters but there is a big hole above the hood latch wire on the underside of the hood. I put an aluminum sheet over that to close the hole and put a gasket around it. See that hole opens up to the area in front of the radiator which means the pressurized air we want to go through the radiator has the opportunity to go up through the hood not good.

Also when I put the heat exchanger in I closed off any paths air might have to travel anywhere. Taped over the gaps and shoved carved pieces of heavy neoprene to fill the large gaps.

Ford did a better job on this car by far then the s197 they got better in 2010 and the 2015 is improved from that but there is still ways of making it better. Thing the factory just wouldn't have the time to do.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I haven't taken a close look with the sound insulator off the bottom of the hood.

It looks great, in the next week or so I was going to use a magnahelic pressure gauge to find the most optimal location for the extraction vents.

The foam is a great idea too. Many Time Attack teams do the same!

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Your rear spoiler is what I've always thought was missing from the car. To me the rearend has always been incomplete. This spoiler completes it IMO.

I bet it's nice being able to reverse and actually see where the back of your car is now lmao :thumbsup:

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Your rear spoiler is what I've always thought was missing from the car. To me the rearend has always been incomplete. This spoiler completes it IMO.

I bet it's nice being able to reverse and actually see where the back of your car is now lmao :thumbsup:
You can in fact see about an inch of the spoiler through the rear window. If I had designed a spoiler it would have been very nearly what this is.