9 second pass manual car

Darinbranham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Hello, So I have a gen 3 manual car and I'm attempting to go mid 9s this season. Looking to see what else I need to do to the setup.
Setup currently/ parts coming
Single turbo E85 lund Tuned
LPXHD clutch
viking crusaders
bmr rear drag springs
cradle lockouts
drag pack with d06 bais plys.
gt350 axles.
(plan on adding)
cortex boost controller
WOTBOX possibly.
upgraded DSS axles possibly.
Sponsored

Howler5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I would bet you’ll need to make some big power and some weight reduction to get a s550 into mid 9’s territory.

The transmission will probably be the first weak link. I would start looking at a built magnum xl to take you to your goals.

I’m working that direction but not quite that extreme. Shooting for low 10’s and would be ecstatic dipping into 9’s but not hopeful. 2015 GT with a Whipple soon to be on E85, Calimer Stage 3 trans and lots of supporting mods.

Best of luck on your goals!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hello, So I have a gen 3 manual car and I'm attempting to go mid 9s this season. Looking to see what else I need to do to the setup.
Setup currently/ parts coming
Single turbo E85 lund Tuned
LPXHD clutch
viking crusaders
bmr rear drag springs
cradle lockouts
drag pack with d06 bais plys.
gt350 axles.
(plan on adding)
cortex boost controller
WOTBOX possibly.
upgraded DSS axles possibly.
How much power/torque is your car making? Coyote Stock class racers are standing their cars on the back bumper and running low 10’s, with at least one racer running 9.90’s in the 1/4. The cars do weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 3100 lbs though ( serious weight reduction).

https://www.hotcars.com/stock-nmra-coyote-record-9-92s-run-136-mph/

OP
OP

Darinbranham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
With a good hook, 750-800 should do it for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Darinbranham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I would bet you’ll need to make some big power and some weight reduction to get a s550 into mid 9’s territory.

The transmission will probably be the first weak link. I would start looking at a built magnum xl to take you to your goals.

I’m working that direction but not quite that extreme. Shooting for low 10’s and would be ecstatic dipping into 9’s but not hopeful. 2015 GT with a Whipple soon to be on E85, Calimer Stage 3 trans and lots of supporting mods.

Best of luck on your goals!
I have a buddy with an auto bone stock gen 3 went 9.90 142mph with a blower and bmr drag springs

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
do i need anything else?
Yup, good air, and luck, besides the weather (good air) that you have no control of, what are your plans to keep the air entering the engine as cool(dense) as can be.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Darinbranham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Yup, good air, and luck, besides the weather (good air) that you have no control of, what are your plans to keep the air entering the engine as cool(dense) as can be.
I have a 5in intercooler

Howler5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have a buddy with an auto bone stock gen 3 went 9.90 142mph with a blower and bmr drag springs
Auto cars will always go much faster with much less effort than a manual car. You won’t be able to shift as fast as an auto trans which is why you’ll need more HP to go just as fast. More power means more wear on the engine and the drivetrain components.

If your serious about your goal, talk to people who have actually gone 9’s in a stick shift coyote. From what I’ve seen, at the minimum you’ll need 900+ WHP, a transmission that can take the abuse, suspension mods to cut a good 60’, and some weight reduction to try and minimize wear on the motor/trans.

Lookup the member @RoadCone or “project roadcone” in the forums. He’s done a great job of documenting his journey.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There are some drivers of manual cars out there that have it down pat and can shift damn near as smoothly as an auto. Here are a couple of examples.

Sponsored