Sponsored

Launching manual at drag strip

2015 DIB GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP Premium Roush Supercharged
I took my car to the track for the first time this weekend and I have to say I was quite disappointed. Everything I tried to launch the car it fell on its face and sputtered all the way down the track like it was pulling power. Anyone else take theirs to the track yet and if so what have you found is the best way to launch the car without having the torque management shutting you down? I need help! It was embarrassing having the car shut me down. I believe something can be done with a tune but I'm not ready to lose my warranty yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP

2015 DIB GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP Premium Roush Supercharged
This was with traction control off and without the use of launch control. I also have a Roush Supercharger installed along with Roush's tune that accompanies it. I read through the thread attached above. Can Roush turn off the torque management as well? I don't know if I could even use a custom tuner since I have the supercharger installed. I'm also very curious if anyone else has a similar setup and what kind of times they are running in the quarter.

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
You can get a custom tune still with the roush kit, but it will void your warranty if you got one with the kit.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I went to the track once with the stock tune and did not experience this. If I left at idle it would bog but it did this with the tune as well. My best launch came from riding the clutch out at around 2500. I was able to pull a 1.95 riding the clutch.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I went to the track this weekend and I was launching at 2k with traction control off but advance trak still on and didn't experience any issues. I kept advance trak on because I was on street tires. I tried launching once with advance trak off and spun down half the track. I'm surprised I didn't break a half shaft the wheel hop was so bad.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
I took my car to the track for the first time this weekend and I have to say I was quite disappointed. Everything I tried to launch the car it fell on its face and sputtered all the way down the track like it was pulling power. Anyone else take theirs to the track yet and if so what have you found is the best way to launch the car without having the torque management shutting you down? I need help! It was embarrassing having the car shut me down. I believe something can be done with a tune but I'm not ready to lose my warranty yet.
It's a torque management feature called clutch protection. It's still enabled even with traction/advancetrac off. Needs to be zero'd out in the tune.
Sponsored