Sponsored

5mm Wheel Spacers

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
I've searched and not really found a solid answer on this.
I have a 19 Ecoboost with the blackout package wheels, I plan on keeping the factory wheels and want to lessen the gap between the outer edge of the fender and the tire.
I know bolting a 25mm spacer will put it flush with the fender but since this car is mainly for roadtrips and car shows (stock class), I still want the tire "inside" the fenders to lessen chips and road spray. (South Florida rain)

Question is, can you even tell a difference with just the 5mm spacers or am i just wasting my time contemplating it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I put some (these) on my car to get them right where I wanted, but it isn't really obvious and you'll still be too far in with the stock wheels for it to make much of a difference.

OP
OP
DavisCustoms

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Thanks all,
Just look at a ruler.... 5mm wont make a difference you could even tell.
D
that's kinda what I figured as 5mm on a ruler is almost nothing.

just wanted to know it would make any difference visually walking around the car.
Why not some 20mm or 23mm?
I personally do not care for the bolt on hub spacers. I normally would just change the wheels as I have on all my other vehicles, just wanted to keep this one mostly stock (well, at least try to...lol)

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
15mm spacers, and replace your lug bolts.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
The size of the spacer is dictated by the offset of the rim +the size of the rim
I run 25mm spacer for a 19x11 305mm squared set up with fron offset of +52mm (same of the rear) . I mainly track my car.
If you run stock PPwheels with 255mm front a 25mm spacer will still keep you the wheel inside fender (the rim is smaller than 19x11)
So again is depending from the combo.
Remember the right off set for the front is around +22-27mm. So this is why an offset of +52 will request a 25mm spacer (52-25=27mm)
Hope this help

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I've searched and not really found a solid answer on this.
I have a 19 Ecoboost with the blackout package wheels, I plan on keeping the factory wheels and want to lessen the gap between the outer edge of the fender and the tire.
I know bolting a 25mm spacer will put it flush with the fender but since this car is mainly for roadtrips and car shows (stock class), I still want the tire "inside" the fenders to lessen chips and road spray. (South Florida rain)

Question is, can you even tell a difference with just the 5mm spacers or am i just wasting my time contemplating it?
I know this is off topic so feel free to ignore but I'm very curious...how is a stock class judged in car shows?? By the quality of the paint? I'm not one for car shows so I have next to zero knowledge here.

OP
OP
DavisCustoms

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
I know this is off topic so feel free to ignore but I'm very curious...how is a stock class judged in car shows?? By the quality of the paint? I'm not one for car shows so I have next to zero knowledge here.
Stock Class varies between shows, but usually you are only allowed around 5 visible and easily reversible changes from factory stock.
(for example, visible changes we have black lug nuts, tinted lenses, steeda strut bar, blacked out coolant tank and JLT brake res cover)
Stock class is more or less attention to detail when detailing the car.
they look down inside of fenders, inside of the exhaust tips for soot/dirt, inspect all the glass for fingerprints. use mirrors to look for dirt under the car body (btw the honeycomb grill sucks when trying to dig out baked on lovebugs)

next show it'll be in is an exhibition and we will be parked on Henry Ford's Winter Estate's Lawn which is kinda cool.

Picture of last years exhibition at the estates
DSCN5354.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavisCustoms

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
The size of the spacer is dictated by the offset of the rim +the size of the rim
I run 25mm spacer for a 19x11 305mm squared set up with fron offset of +52mm (same of the rear) . I mainly track my car.
If you run stock PPwheels with 255mm front a 25mm spacer will still keep you the wheel inside fender (the rim is smaller than 19x11)
So again is depending from the combo.
Remember the right off set for the front is around +22-27mm. So this is why an offset of +52 will request a 25mm spacer (52-25=27mm)
Hope this help
255 width PZero's 19x8.5 w/ 42mm offset i believe (haven't pulled the rim to measure yet...)

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have them, very subtle. Almost 1/2" wider track. That's something. Recheck your wheel torque a couple times.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
5mm spacers are 20% as noticeable as 1” spacers. Its subtle but doesn’t hurt.

OP
OP
DavisCustoms

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
5mm spacers are 20% as noticeable as 1” spacers. Its subtle but doesn’t hurt.
Kinda like the old adage... 20% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

I'm just going to order the 5mm spacers and throw them on there before the next show.

Thank you all for the thoughts, backspace math and photos :thumbsup:

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I think it makes a difference. Here's a rationale for the 5mm in my case. I wanted to do something. !" would accentuate the fact the car is not lowered and would look awkward. Stone chips.
IMG_3166.jpg
IMG_3167.jpg
IMG_3168.jpg
Sponsored