Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Great article. They definitely thought of everything on this one, it seems.

Wonder what the specs are on those cams....
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Will@RPG built the short block now in my Hellion TT car starting with the Gen 2 /5.2 block(M52A)

Also has GT 350 heads and the ford racing 5.2 cams (coyote firing order )

Not sure if it’s the same as the predator block since Ford performance now sell the the “Gen 3”(M52B)
The Gen 2 also used the longer 12 mm head bolts like the predator (I used the 11-12 Coyote ARP head studs )

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The '15 - 19 GT350 block is already very stout and proven by many boosted applications. If the new shared block is even stronger, then I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket went to twin turbos and we start seeing WELL over 1500 RWHP...conservatively. With the DCT transmission (dear god please hold up) and a brass balls starting platform, this could be an interesting standing mile runner. If one wanted to use the car in said application.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Firing pressure and simulated development? Nah, the Ford engineers are a bunch of idiots. My tuner will get another 50+hp from a tune and 1,000whp with just a pulley.:crackup:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I wonder how long before the block hits the FP book....

The GT500 is going to be killer this time around. I found my '07 to be lackluster in a few areas, most notably handling; that improved with the aluminum-block cars starting in 2011, but I think the S550 iteration is going to make the previous ones look silly (even the Track Pack cars).

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Firing pressure and simulated development? Nah, the Ford engineers are a bunch of idiots. My tuner will get another 50+hp from a tune and 1,000whp with just a pulley.:crackup:
On a serious note, E85 should be a LOT of fun on this car. It's going to need it too. Can't just keep pulley'ing down and expecting magic to happen. Wondering how many knock sensors this engine has. The 3rd Gen Coyote has 4, correct?

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Idiots? I’m sure they had requirements for reliability, maintainability, and A sub 0 all while staying within cost and schedule for a product that can be repeatable by a very large work force. I do not envy the challenges they had knowing that of course they could and I’m sure they wanted to do even more with this car. They seemed to build enough margin in for those of us that will take it to the next level without hurting the components. I’m also sure we will all see some hiccups with our machines as we get them, but I’m also sure they will be little things rather then big things.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
The '15 - 19 GT350 block is already very stout and proven by many boosted applications. If the new shared block is even stronger, then I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket went to twin turbos and we start seeing WELL over 1500 RWHP...conservatively. With the DCT transmission (dear god please hold up) and a brass balls starting platform, this could be an interesting standing mile runner. If one wanted to use the car in said application.
My plan actually—standing 1/2 and mile events.
The aftermarket will definitely push these hard and we will see if the OPGs, rods and block itself can hold.
These plasma bore blocks still don’t have a lot of meat between the bores, so I still expect sleeving to be required above 1200hp. Dyno queens don’t count.
-J

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
On a serious note, E85 should be a LOT of fun on this car. It's going to need it too. Can't just keep pulley'ing down and expecting magic to happen. Wondering how many knock sensors this engine has. The 3rd Gen Coyote has 4, correct?
Agreed, just feed this thing octane and boost and rpm.
-J

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
That’s what I too thought but it appears the only difference is as below per my engine builder
3247B94F-9E77-43CC-9F47-35FB2C47B111.png

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The cost reduction of the software is simply amazing. They prototyped this engine, knew all the failure points, and even power output before the first wrench was turned.

This software is getting better everyday. The software is why they wanted all the blown gt350 engines. They can feed in the failures to make the software better at predicting a failure rate. I am sure Ford knows exactly how many of these things will fail and how.

How long till the first 1000hp Ford production car?