Sponsored

4S tyres fantastic

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well i have just been on one of the longest trips (on my own) for sometime and boy the 4S tyres excel they really do. Good in the winter and far better than MPSS in the cold months but in this heat they seem to me to be pretty exceptional. Pushed the car a lot down twisty country roads and boy it handled well, felt so much smaller than it actual is and a real joy to drive.

Anyway, just a quick post for anyone who hasn't got 4S tyres. Over the last 10 years ive really begun to appreciate how different performance cars feel, RWD ones in particular based on tyres alone (different premium tyres). My M135i on MPSS was great in the summer but bad in the winter and i mean death trap bad, the 4S are in a different league.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
And that’s why i’ll be on my second set in a couple of weeks time! They are incredible, especially when you’ve ditched the pzeros in favour of them

i think they are good value too, i kid you not - i’ve done 20k miles on mine, admittedly there’s a lot of motorway miles there and this is my daily, but impressive nonetheless.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
And that’s why i’ll be on my second set in a couple of weeks time! They are incredible, especially when you’ve ditched the pzeros in favour of them

i think they are good value too, i kid you not - i’ve done 20k miles on mine, admittedly there’s a lot of motorway miles there and this is my daily, but impressive nonetheless.
My P Zero's lasted a whole 7,000 miles of daily and motorway driving. The Michelins were a fiver more than the P Zeros when I bought them.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
"4S" as in "Michelin Pilot Sport 4S"? Or are you talking about a different 4S tire in UK that you can run in the winter? The MPS4S in North America is strictly a summer tire. Driving it in the winter is not recommended by Michelin as the compounds gets hard at lower temperatures.

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S mate. Here in the UK certainly Midlands and the South we don't get prolonged periods of really cold weather even in the winter.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S mate. Here in the UK certainly Midlands and the South we don't get prolonged periods of really cold weather even in the winter.
I see. When I hear the word "winter" I am picturing snow and sub zero temps. In Canada, I have driven with these tires "tyres" in colder weather for brief periods. Below 5 deg C they lose a lot of traction. Just something to be aware of or you may already know. :like:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I just replaced the factory fit Pirelli's with Michelin PS4S.

IMG-9698.jpg

The Pirelli's still had good tread on them, and I suppose I could have had them fitted to my new wheels, but I wanted them GONE. They hated cold and wet weather, they would skip at the front on full lock and cold roads, and had NO traction in the wet even when treading lightly. They were ok once warmed up but they just weren't up to the task from the beginning, and certainly got worse as they got older and harder. I feel like I missed an opportunity by not roasting those rears to heaven. :facepalm: :giggle:

IMG-9702.jpg

The Mustang is a different car on these Michelin's. There is a newfound level of steering feedback that just wasn't there before. It feels like it "points" better now. Traction is better too, and I expect them to get better with a few more miles on them, they are still pretty green. And, I love how the sidewall looks on these tires.

IMG-9712-2.jpg

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
The Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4 is pretty impressive as well. Grip is amazing.

Showpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well i have just been on one of the longest trips (on my own) for sometime and boy the 4S tyres excel they really do. Good in the winter and far better than MPSS in the cold months but in this heat they seem to me to be pretty exceptional. Pushed the car a lot down twisty country roads and boy it handled well, felt so much smaller than it actual is and a real joy to drive.

Anyway, just a quick post for anyone who hasn't got 4S tyres. Over the last 10 years ive really begun to appreciate how different performance cars feel, RWD ones in particular based on tyres alone (different premium tyres). My M135i on MPSS was great in the summer but bad in the winter and i mean death trap bad, the 4S are in a different league.
Hi I can only find these in stock in XL load rating (105). Is this going to be ok? As the stock P zero's are (101) SL rating. Does this matter?

Thanks.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase