PluckyNow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daphne
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello-

I have finally made my 40-year dream come true and I ordered my 2022 Mustang GT last week. No idea how long it will take to receive my dream car. I was told 30 days until I get my VIN and then I would have my build date. I am so excited and still can't believe this is happening :)

Any advice? Any insight?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello-

I have finally made my 40-year dream come true and I ordered my 2022 Mustang GT last week. No idea how long it will take to receive my dream car. I was told 30 days until I get my VIN and then I would have my build date. I am so excited and still can't believe this is happening :)

Any advice? Any insight?
Well first and foremost congratulations and welcome to the forum. Honestly at this point sit back and relax. Just wait for that first e-mail to arrive.

But in the meantime please give us some details. Color, options, etc. We need to know everything. :giggle: :like: :clap:

Edit: Also this....
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/haven’t-received-a-confirmation-email-from-ford.173942/

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
Congrats!

I ordered my 21 around Labor Day and was told 20 weeks. Had my VIN at about 30 days in and took delivery the week of Thanksgiving 2021 so about 10 weeks all total. Recommend patience (easier said than done) but be assured the wait is worth it.

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Just sit back and wait.....40 years + another couple months will go by fast.
I ordered mine in June 2021 and was told it could be built late in the year due to chip shortage.
It was delivered the first week of August 2021 so anything is possible. You took the first step and placed the order!

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Congratulations! I know where you have been. My Mustang is the first muscle car I have owned. It also took me 40 years to own one. As a teenager I could not afford my own car. Once I could then the price of gas went through the roof. Then I was traveling for a living and needed a sedan. Then kids came a long. Then...

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Life!!!! My first Ford was a pea-green Pinto. My new Mustang will be nice when I get it. 🤞🤞🤞
Congratulations! I know where you have been. My Mustang is the first muscle car I have owned. It also took me 40 years to own one. As a teenager I could not afford my own car. Once I could then the price of gas went through the roof. Then I was traveling for a living and needed a sedan. Then kids came a long. Then...

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Hello-

Any advice? Any insight?
Congratulations! It is a very exciting (and agonising) time, but like everyone else said, the day will be here before you know it.

Now meanwhile, what color did you order? 🙂

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
S550 is for sure a better car than you started your dreams with. It should exceed expectations.:fistbump:

Kurt in VT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota 4Runner
Congratulations! I bought my GT PP1 last year, after wanting a Mustang since I was a kid. Definitely more than 40 years…

If you ordered a six-speed, the Steeda clutch spring really helps improve clutch feel, so definitely consider this.

If you’re anywhere near Jacksonville, the city has a great car culture. Cars and Coffee events are huge and very laid back.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
My 40 yrs.was back in 2016. When it arrives document everything, lots of pictures. I even setup a website for her to showcase from day one.7 yrs later and I still love this car!

4601d4_ec2c88ff86d54974924b2e61d1d8ae9c~mv2.png

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Congrats, it’s an amazing feeling to place the order and an even better one to sit down in the drivers seat for the first time. Congrats

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Congrats, it’s an amazing feeling to place the order and an even better one to sit down in the drivers seat for the first time. Congrats
Exactly how I felt when I pulled up and saw my Mach 1 sitting there the day it arrived and then the feeling of driving my first mustang and it being exactly what I wanted is a feeling I can’t describe.

Excited for you to get your dream car OP! I know the feeling as I just got my dream car in November after waiting 5 months for it to show up as you wait for yours!
Sponsored