Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
My OCD is killing me, seeing those silver wheel weights on black wheels. For the price of the car, you'd think Ford would splurge for black weights. Ugh...
I had all mine rebalanced with a Hunter roadforce to hide the weights behind the spokes and put black weights.
Black paint?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks for sharing. I read through that whole thread. Very informational. Sounds like I could have my work cut out for me with the warranty claim. I am speaking with the dealership body shop tomorrow (apparently this claims is not "service" and goes through body shop). But looking at my pics of my left front rim and input from others, looks like I have much more than a rock / pebble scratch. There are some sizeable pieces of the ceramic coating missing / flaked off, and they are not directly touching the pebble scratch area.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Black paint?
You’d think so, but unfortunately my perfectionism would not let me do that...the devil being in the details and all.
I’ve seen weights painted black but they usually have white adhesive tape. I used these from amazon:

52E903C9-6A34-4492-8EE6-C1C7EBC37569.png

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I wouldn't trust carbon wheel driving on the streets. Imagine hitting pothole with CF wheel...
I can imagine it. I did it (I live in Chicago; can't avoid them all). They are extremely strong, much stronger than aluminum, and they survived Ford's endurance testing, which includes curb jumps at some ridiculous speed like 30 mph.

I eventually switched to a set of Signature wheels for the street, but only because I wanted street tires and wanted to keep the stock tires on the CF wheels. If I could have justified a second set of CF wheels, I would happily drive them on the street.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ultra low profile tires are the problem, not the wheel in most cases. See first line in sig haha

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You’d think so, but unfortunately my perfectionism would not let me do that...the devil being in the details and all.
I’ve seen weights painted black but they usually have white adhesive tape. I used these from amazon:

52E903C9-6A34-4492-8EE6-C1C7EBC37569.png

Devil in the details .............. yup
IMG_0636.jpeg

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Like WildHorse said I wouldn’t trust a CF wheel if it has any Knick or damage. Besides the thinner tire being the main problem when CF wheels fail it’s always catastrophic
Sponsored