Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
Just read recently that Tidal Music free is going away April 15th this year, they are just going to have the pay version. Does anyone have suggestions on what other free music service sounds the best? google says tidal free caps out at 160kbps, almost CD quality sound. I tried Spotify free a week ago and did not think it sounded as good. it makes a big difference on how it sounds in the car on what quality you are streaming. thanks! Tidal has also been playing quite a few cool songs I had never heard before, you put in 3 bands that you like when you sign up and it plays similar stuff, not cool they are doing away with free version
Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
A little off topic so I am sorry for this. Is there a way to stream internet music without a cell phone?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A little off topic so I am sorry for this. Is there a way to stream internet music without a cell phone?
yes, stream it to an SD card/USB stick at your computer. Plug it into the car. :)

I haven't quite figured out how to put my record collection and the record player into the passenger front footwell and plug in the phono jack.

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
yes, stream it to an SD card/USB stick at your computer. Plug it into the car. :)

I haven't quite figured out how to put my record collection and the record player into the passenger front footwell and plug in the phono jack.
yeah i used to use an usb stick before i started using phone, get the songs you like off of youtube then use a conversion website to put them on your computer then to the usb stick. i think tidal music sounds better than the usb stick did though. i also read today that you can put tidal music on your roku for your tv, going to try that tonight, see if it sounds better than youtube music. also off topic but does anyone use headphones to listen to tv movies or tv music? was researching some nice headphones today on amazon, could just get wired headphones and plug into the audio jack on tv? i have always used a soundbar for tv, not sure if would like headphones for tv

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I kinda wanted the actual radio stations

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Rear seat delete and an automatic record changer fitted with Magneride.

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Kinda off topic but does anyone have suggestions for a good set of open ear wired earbuds that you hook up to a hand held radio? I had got a set of avantree brand ones off amazon and they do not sound very good, i use them when i go cycling. open ear are the ones that do not go into your ear canal but rest outside your ear canal and have a hook that hold them on your ears. need wired and not bluetooth. not having much luck google searching. thanks!
also, i tried using tidal music on my tv roku last night and it is only for pay customers

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Kinda off topic but does anyone have suggestions for a good set of open ear wired earbuds that you hook up to a hand held radio? I had got a set of avantree brand ones off amazon and they do not sound very good, i use them when i go cycling. open ear are the ones that do not go into your ear canal but rest outside your ear canal and have a hook that hold them on your ears. need wired and not bluetooth. not having much luck google searching. thanks!
also, i tried using tidal music on my tv roku last night and it is only for pay customers
Something like this?

https://a.co/d/cB4PPCH

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
those may work! will research them some more. kinda funny yesterday i was looking at possibly getting headphones to listen to music and movies on tv with and that brand was recommended a lot. do you ever use headphones for movies? i have always just used soundbars with a small sub. been getting more into audio stuff lately haha. thanks!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
i use them when i go cycling
I just listen to the whir of my chain, the click/clack of the Shimano 8 speed, the click-stream of the free-hub. :)
And the birds chirping, the blasts of horn angrily objecting to my lane position, and the taunts of "hey fatass, your spandex doesn't make your ass look any smaller"

Actually I wear in-ear and as long as the volume is low you can hear the outside world, plenty clearly. I wear 30db foam plugs inside the full-face on the motorcycle and can hear very well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
ye
I just listen to the whir of my chain, the click/clack of the Shimano 8 speed, the click-stream of the free-hub. :)
And the birds chirping, the blasts of horn angrily objecting to my lane position, and the taunts of "hey fatass, your spandex doesn't make your ass look any smaller"

Actually I wear in-ear and as long as the volume is low you can hear the outside world, plenty clearly. I wear 30db foam plugs inside the full-face on the motorcycle and can hear very well.
yeah i used to ride with no music, but thought would try using it this year, i walk when it is colder out and wear headphones for that, the in ear regular iphone style would fall out of my ear when hitting bumps and stuff, the cheap amazon ones i got stay on but sound not good

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
those may work! will research them some more. kinda funny yesterday i was looking at possibly getting headphones to listen to music and movies on tv with and that brand was recommended a lot. do you ever use headphones for movies? i have always just used soundbars with a small sub. been getting more into audio stuff lately haha. thanks!
I use headphones when listening to music and watching movies on my iPad. I had a pair of Sennheiser over the ear headphones (wired) for quite a while. Quality is very good. I have since moved on to wireless, with both AirPods and Bose.

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
was researching the sennheiser pmx 680 and see they have a newer version for 30 dollars more, the pmx 684i , you think would be much sound difference? looks like they are 7 years newer in release date. the 680 released in 2010 and 680i in 2017. i may try the headphone idea for movies soon too.
I use headphones when listening to music and watching movies on my iPad. I had a pair of Sennheiser over the ear headphones (wired) for quite a while. Quality is very good. I have since moved on to wireless, with both AirPods and Bose

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
was researching the sennheiser pmx 680 and see they have a newer version for 30 dollars more, the pmx 684i , you think would be much sound difference? looks like they are 7 years newer in release date. the 680 released in 2010 and 680i in 2017. i may try the headphone idea for movies soon too.
Thereā€™s probably some good updates done, especially going from 2010 to 2017. Iā€™d probably lean towards the newer set personally

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thereā€™s probably some good updates done, especially going from 2010 to 2017. Iā€™d probably lean towards the newer set personally
yeah you are probably right, i might see if there are any youtube videos on them tonight, either one will probably sounds lots better than the ones i have now lol
Sponsored