Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
We don’t have one, that’s only in the 9 and 12 speaker systems. The base stereo is 6 speakers, so 2 in the rear, 1 in each door and 1 in each A pillar. So we’re good from that standpoint
oh ok cool, i saw there was an opening there on dash, that was just for the 9 speaker then and 12. good to know, thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Acoustic SME here.

Adjust the Fade so that you can barely detect any sound from the rear speakers. They are that bad. So is the center channel speaker. You can get a LOT better sound by disconnecting it. Search under my username for how to do that.

Then set the tone controls back to flat and reevaluate.

For most stereos with "canned" EQ settings, Rock usually has the treble boosted too much. Sounds unnatural and fatiguing. Classical is usually pretty close to flat.

It is hopeless to try to get any deep(ish) bass from the 9-speaker system. And not easy to add a subwoofer.

The door speakers are pretty decent. They should be the last thing to be replaced, not the first.
what are your recommendations for the fade and balance for the 6 speaker system? i currently have mine on center for each and have EQ set at treble +1 midrange -2 and bass +1 how many clicks to the right of center would be good for balance? i thought center for the fade was good since rear speakers are so bad. thanks!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
My tips above don't require any money. More free tips to address your question below. Just experiment.

Put Fade all the way to rear, listen a bit, then put Fade all the way to front. You can easily conclude how bad are the rear speakers. Then gradually move Fade little by little back to the rear until you can just detect sound from the rear. I'd stop there.

For Balance, if you are driving alone, you can set it to 1 or 2 clicks towards the passenger. Listen for a centered stereo image from the windshield. Do this after disconnecting the center speaker.

I don't have tips for Tone, since I am now on the B&O system in my second Mustang. To repeat, it is impossible to get any decent bass from the 9-speaker system. Listen to more talk radio I guess. 🤣

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Was doing some googling on best setup on the EQ and fade and balance settings for the base 300A stereo and found quite a few different suggestions. also read that changing the EQ settings on your IPhone helps also. I use youtube music app on my iphone, mostly rock music,(dorothy, pretty reckless, dirty honey, cannons, etc.) not real loud though. anyone have good advice on what settings you are using for best sound possible? also use the driver compensation or full car setting? i have it on full car now. thanks!
I love Dorothy and The Pretty Reckless, now I have to check out those other bands!

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
My tips above don't require any money. More free tips ...

Listen for a centered stereo image from the windshield. Do this after disconnecting the center speaker. ...
Disconnecting the center speaker was the only thing I did. Immediate improvement in stereo separation. (I don't understand why a stereo system would have a center speaker.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the B&O system? think it is worth the extra money over the 9 speaker system? Next time I trade not sure if getting the B&O is worth it.
My tips above don't require any money. More free tips to address your question below. Just experiment.

Put Fade all the way to rear, listen a bit, then put Fade all the way to front. You can easily conclude how bad are the rear speakers. Then gradually move Fade little by little back to the rear until you can just detect sound from the rear. I'd stop there.

For Balance, if you are driving alone, you can set it to 1 or 2 clicks towards the passenger. Listen for a centered stereo image from the windshield. Do this after disconnecting the center speaker.

I don't have tips for Tone, since I am now on the B&O system in my second Mustang. To repeat, it is impossible to get any decent bass from the 9-speaker system. Listen to more talk radio I guess. 🤣

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I think Dorothy may have new music out pretty soon & has a part in a new Scott Stapp song coming out on the 15th I think. She also mentioned she is working on some country style music, could be interesting how that sounds.
I love Dorothy and The Pretty Reckless, now I have to check out those other bands!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
How do you like the B&O system? think it is worth the extra money over the 9 speaker system? Next time I trade not sure if getting the B&O is worth it.
I traded in my 2016 9-spkr for my current car with B&O. I found the car optioned exactly as I wanted. The B&O upgrade listed at +$900. Perhaps a lot could be achieved going DIY with those funds, but even though I am a speaker designer I don't hold as high of standards for car audio as I do for home audio. So I was happy to save the time and trouble.

Short answer is the B&O system is much better than the 9spkr after disconnecting the center speaker, fading out most of the rear speaker, and turning down the subwoofer by a lot.

Have you tried my tips yet?

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
What GTP said.
B&O is worth it if you don't want to futz with changing separate components. It's an easy compromise.
And face it, even with good stereo systems, how many of us spend much more time listening to the Coyotes howl?

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I traded in my 2016 9-spkr for my current car with B&O. I found the car optioned exactly as I wanted. The B&O upgrade listed at +$900. Perhaps a lot could be achieved going DIY with those funds, but even though I am a speaker designer I don't hold as high of standards for car audio as I do for home audio. So I was happy to save the time and trouble.

Short answer is the B&O system is much better than the 9spkr after disconnecting the center speaker, fading out most of the rear speaker, and turning down the subwoofer by a lot.

Yeah I have, have the balance set 2 clicks to the right, left the fade at center as can hardly hear rear speakers anyway. have bass at +3, midrange at -2 , treble +2 . sounds pretty good, I will probably option for the B&O next time I do trade. thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

speaking of home audio, you have any thoughts on the Sony HT-CT150 sound bar with subwoofer for TV. that is what I have had for a long time, sounds pretty good I thought.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

FWIW, OP (and I as well) have the base 300a, so we only have 6 speakers. No center speaker for us, so I guess we’re starting out ahead of the game LOL.

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I did adjust the bass up to +3 and treble to +2, left mid at -2 and did set balance 2 clicks to right, not sure if I hear big difference with the balance but it might be helping. did you adjust yours any more? left fade at center
FWIW, OP (and I as well) have the base 300a, so we only have 6 speakers. No center speaker for us, so I guess we’re starting out ahead of the game LOL.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I did adjust the bass up to +3 and treble to +2, left mid at -2 and did set balance 2 clicks to right, not sure if I hear big difference with the balance but it might be helping. did you adjust yours any more? left fade at center
I meant to play around with it this weekend but ended up getting busy with other stuff. I’m going to try your settings and play around with some of the things GTP mentioned as well. I do spend most of my time (when weather allows) with the windows down listening to the coyote, especially lately since we’re having an unusually warm stretch of weather here. But it’s supposed to be back closer to normal in the 40’s this week so I’ll be listening to music more

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Update on what settings and streaming app using now, did not realize youtube music was giving me a 2 week free trial so I am using Tidal music now, so far works good and sounds good for free. sounds better than free spotify, has a 30 second commercial every 3 songs so not bad. settings i am using now are bass +5, mid -3, treble +2, balance one click to the right, fade one click to front, occupancy for all, and speed compensation high. sounds pretty good for what it is i think. try out tidal music if you haven't , i think it will be good.
Sponsored