Sponsored

3.7 Forced induction

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
It was a GT right? I have seen a few of the videos but it does not show much of anything beyond acceleration videos/Dynos... I have yet to see any videos or pictures of the actual setup which would be helpful.
Its a GT, but its also single setup. Dont know how much help that woud be, but at least something right.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Would it maybe be cheaper to get the ikon rear bumper ($250.00 shipped) and the mmd rear valance/diffuser ($200.00) for the 2015-2017 that is designed for a quad tip?
The cheapest way to go is to get the roush rear valance ($250) and install it on the current rear bumper or even just cut the current rear bumper. Reason why I want to get a 2018 bumper is so that I can switch to the 500's rear valance when possible. I believe the roush and 2018s have the tips in slightly different locations so until I can get a 18 bumper I really do not want to fab up the turbos and have the tips in the wrong place.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
The cheapest way to go is to get the roush rear valance ($250) and install it on the current rear bumper or even just cut the current rear bumper. Reason why I want to get a 2018 bumper is so that I can switch to the 500's rear valance when possible. I believe the roush and 2018s have the tips in slightly different locations so until I can get a 18 bumper I really do not want to fab up the turbos and have the tips in the wrong place.
I know the Roush route (i have seen them as low as 200), but outside of the guy who pioneered the technique eveyone else's attempts looked like garbage. They all had the issue with the sides. Personally, I want a 2018 rear bumper too, but none in the aftermarket have jumped in on providing a version of the 2018 for the 2015-2018 crowd. The ikon and mmd diffuser looks better than the Roush alone but it is a LOT more expensive like you say. Especially, since it would require painting. Though i want the 2018 I keep going back in my head to Brent's setup with painting it myself, which i have done before on other cars, and cutting the bumper. Mainly cause its just cheaper and just as effective. Also, it keeps the rear end from looking to fat, lol.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Have not been able to get much done with my setup as well... I did get the turbo side flanges cut. Need to cut the exhaust flanges and then I can start building the aft section of the exhaust. Also trying to get ahold of a 2018 rear bumper in order to use quad tips. Still debating between water to air and air to air but that audi intercooler is tempting.

IMG_20190402_112856.jpg
I found it on ebay for $40. I researched it's dimensions and it looked like it would fit so I figured why not. It tucks in there perfectly under the bumper support. If it was about an inch shorter you would think it was made to fit.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Yes, it was the GT. I wrote him there is not allot of photos out there on his setup.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Are you going to end up selling the car too or just the kit? 2-3 years is a long time for the car to get minimal use :(
No plans to sell. It's paid off. I still have over 1.5K in parts sitting in the garage (not including the turbo kit) and over 1.5k of parts on the car. Eventually I will sell the other things I need to move out the garage for mother-in-law like the stock IRS pumpkin since I upgraded awhile back with a 3.73 pumpkin. Also, my original aftermarket 18 inch wheels I moved from my 2013 Mustang to this one need to go since I have 19s on standby. She is cool with the car, but needs the part stock I left there gone....especially since I am staying longer in Europe. I am pretty positive this stang will not be going anywhere. I have sons too who soon will need something for me to teach them on.

Last edited:

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Next time I make it back state side I'll do a video review of the car with all the upgrades I never got around to posting from before I moved...shoot need to update my sig too. It's suspension heavy and small cosmetic items like a spoiler, leather seats, etc. Where my car is stored it's right by the route most of the major car mags use to test cars to review. Fantastic driving roads. Its where I have fine tuned all my cars when upgrading. Its the reason i choose this Turbo kit. Sooo many turns, winding roads, slow and fast banks etc. Torque and low end grunt make for the best experience. The SSMS just made perfect sense in terms of this driving experience, budget, and custom work fun. Plus, having driven a Mustang with this kit it made it an easy choice knowing what I was getting.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
@Patrick did you get the driver side turbo mounted?

Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
@Patrick did you get the driver side turbo mounted?
Not yet. I figured out how to fit a filter and completed all the intake & charge pipes for the passenger side. Right now I'm working on modifying the down pipe. I'm going to 100% complete the passenger side before I start the other.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Not yet. I figured out how to fit a filter and completed all the intake & charge pipes for the passenger side. Right now I'm working on modifying the down pipe. I'm going to 100% complete the passenger side before I start the other.
Awesome. Do show how you routed the filter!

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
No plans to sell. It's paid off. I still have over 1.5K in parts sitting in the garage (not including the turbo kit) and over 1.5k of parts on the car. Eventually I will sell the other things I need to move out the garage for mother-in-law like the stock IRS pumpkin since I upgraded awhile back with a 3.73 pumpkin. Also, my original aftermarket 18 inch wheels I moved from my 2013 Mustang to this one need to go since I have 19s on standby. She is cool with the car, but needs the part stock I left there gone....especially since I am staying longer in Europe. I am pretty positive this stang will not be going anywhere. I have sons too who soon will need something for me to teach them on.
Does your 3.73 clunk really bad. Mine clunks like crazy. I've read around and I guess it's normal. People have actually switched out of the 3.73 because they can't handle the clunks. I installed steedas bushing kit also so that probably magnifies it as well. It doesn't bother me as long as it's normal lol. The bushings definitely helped with 2nd gear lock out which I couldn't stand.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Does your 3.73 clunk really bad. Mine clunks like crazy. I've read around and I guess it's normal. People have actually switched out of the 3.73 because they can't handle the clunks. I installed steedas bushing kit also so that probably magnifies it as well. It doesn't bother me as long as it's normal lol. The bushings definitely helped with 2nd gear lock out which I couldn't stand.
This drivetrain "clunks" regardless of gears and I have not heard that a larger gear ration themselves should not play a part in how much it "clunks". I have had two of these cars and changed stock gears to 3.73s I personally have not noticed a difference between my old pumpkin/gears and new when it comes to noise. I cleaned up almost all that noise by switching out my transmission and differential fluids with Syncro and by installing a Short Throw w/poly bushings.

What bushings did you use? Those inserts are synonymous with more noise in the drive train. No matter if you use red, black, or solid.
Sponsored