zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
@Patrick

Just as a heads up, MPT seems unwilling to tune a EB swap kit with anything but DW 65 injectors and the "exact" MAP sensor from the procharger. My guess is that they have the tune built for that setup and do not want to go through the effort of re-building the base tune for different hardware.

My plan is rear mount and run wastegate pressure to start (about 5-6psi peak according to MPT). I installed my shorty headers and bought Lethal off road mid pipes (that will be modified with high flow cats). Where I have the magnaflow mufflers (axleback) is where I will mount the turbos. Working on getting the flanges cut at work soon. I have the DXF files if anyone is interested, turbo inlets and outlets.
Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
U wouldnt have ro remove the bumper just drop the underskirt cover for the foglight idea. You can check Kody's build video that gives an idea of the brackets and the intake tubing for his version (it literally is the same as you really). Another idea is to mimic the f150 design by using one intake that Ys into two tubes that run to the turbos from the factory airbox location
@Patrick

Just as a heads up, MPT seems unwilling to tune a EB swap kit with anything but DW 65 injectors and the "exact" MAP sensor from the procharger. My guess is that they have the tune built for that setup and do not want to go through the effort of re-building the base tune for different hardware.

My plan is rear mount and run wastegate pressure to start (about 5-6psi peak according to MPT). I installed my shorty headers and bought Lethal off road mid pipes (that will be modified with high flow cats). Where I have the magnaflow mufflers (axleback) is where I will mount the turbos. Working on getting the flanges cut at work soon. I have the DXF files if anyone is interested, turbo inlets and outlets.
As far as the injectors go, it's nearly impossible to tune without accurate calibration data, and DW is known for having accurate data. The funny thing is, the 65# injectors seem to be the only ones they don't have Ford style data sheets listed for on their website. In fact the product number isn't even listed as existing. I emailed them about it and they sent me a "pre-release" data sheet. It's funny to me that American Muscle and others have been selling these specifically for the V6 for at least a couple years but there is no official ford calibration data for them. My guess is that they're not unwilling to tune for different injectors, but that they literally can't (especially remotely) without accurate calibration data.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
@Patrick

Sounds about right given all the issues they had tuning the kit in the beginning and having Kody actually bring his car to their physical location to tune. My plan was to always use a reputable exeprienced tuner in my home area. Especially since i planned on getting the tubos ported and upgraded i.e. like the GT turbos.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
@zackmd1.
I like your thinking. It’s the same direction I would prefer to go.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
@zackmd1.
I like your thinking. It’s the same direction I would prefer to go.
Rear mount should help alleviate some of the issues of the turbos being too small for the application. I am not too concerned about spool time since in a front mount application the turbos seem to spool with any amount of throttle input. Mounting in the rear might give it a slight delay but I am pretty confident that they will still spool before 2500 or so RPM.

Sponsored

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind. There was allot of 350z in the past with the sts systems out there. Some twin and some dual turbos. Might help in your research. I contact STS in 2015 . But, they were not interested in doing a Mustang.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Anyone have updates on their projects? @zackmd1 or @Patrick

Unfortunately, I have put my turbo kit up for sale over at the s550 V6 facebook forums. It got extended another year and don't want this it collecting dust in my family's garage. If anyone is interested here let me know.....I'll try and get around to posting it in here as well. I really didnt want to go this route but I hope to find someone who will put this to good use. ALSO, I am willing to part it out for anyone working a project and just needs turbos, Electronic Boost Controller, pre-made downpipe, etc....anything not sold I will just use for a projet here or there.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Oh and @zackmd1 I was reading up on your rear mount project and I saw STANGTX (I can't remember his user name) was in the process of doing this exact project over a year ago (I think you commented on this too). He even had the oil cooler setup, but then he went dark and I havent heard a thing from him since. Anywho, I also was just doing general research and exploring all the the aspects of your build project and after I came across THIS example (attached picture) of a rear mount turbo setup I was sold! Lol. I am very interested and hopeful for your build.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Unfortunately, I have put my turbo kit up for sale over at the s550 V6 facebook forums. It got extended another year and don't want this it collecting dust in my family's garage. If anyone is interested here let me know.....I'll try and get around to posting it in here as well. I really didnt want to go this route but I hope to find someone who will put this to good use. ALSO, I am willing to part it out for anyone working a project and just needs turbos, Electronic Boost Controller, pre-made downpipe, etc....anything not sold I will just use for a projet here or there.
$500 for everything minus the ported intakes amirite? Was surprised when I saw it pop up mentioning the year extension but didn't realize it was another year added again already. Are there incentives each time you get extended or something?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
$500 for everything minus the ported intakes amirite? Was surprised when I saw it pop up mentioning the year extension but didn't realize it was another year added again already. Are there incentives each time you get extended or something?
It's $2000 for everything minus my ported manifold intakes. The headers and adapter plates are also ported and come with it. All a person needs is the injectors for it to be plug and play, which are around $300-400. I mean you still need to get it tuned of course.

No incentives cause its my duty station. I came here for an initial two year tour. I am one year into my tour as of last month. My career plan was to change my duty station based off the assumption I would be promoted next year and need to attend a career development course of one year, which is back in the States. However, my career manager told me they needed me to stay in my current position, because they wouldn't be able to code my position as a priority backfill. Plus, my wife loves it here and wants me to stay on for the full three years so I have pressure both personally and professionally, lol. But, man in the military things change on a dime so I never hold my breathe.

Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6

I have the intercooler and the passenger side turbo completely installed, I also had to do some work on my truck which is currently my daily so it takes precedence and I came down with the flu pretty bad so I haven't done much in about 2 weeks, but I feel better now and I'll probably start working on it again this Sunday.
20190313_180552.jpg

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you have seen this. There is a a rear mount turbo s550 video. Check out rearmount_s550.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Have not been able to get much done with my setup as well... I did get the turbo side flanges cut. Need to cut the exhaust flanges and then I can start building the aft section of the exhaust. Also trying to get ahold of a 2018 rear bumper in order to use quad tips. Still debating between water to air and air to air but that audi intercooler is tempting.

IMG_20190402_112856.jpg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you have seen this. There is a a rear mount turbo s550 video. Check out rearmount_s550.
It was a GT right? I have seen a few of the videos but it does not show much of anything beyond acceleration videos/Dynos... I have yet to see any videos or pictures of the actual setup which would be helpful.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Have not been able to get much done with my setup as well... I did get the turbo side flanges cut. Need to cut the exhaust flanges and then I can start building the aft section of the exhaust. Also trying to get ahold of a 2018 rear bumper in order to use quad tips. Still debating between water to air and air to air but that audi intercooler is tempting.

IMG_20190402_112856.jpg
Would it maybe be cheaper to get the ikon rear bumper ($250.00 shipped) and the mmd rear valance/diffuser ($200.00) for the 2015-2017 that is designed for a quad tip?
Sponsored