2k-2500k Rattle

OP
OP

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Guys….being realistic, I love my Mustang. But truthfully, let’s face it, while some come through pretty good, Flat Rock can really use some help in the paint defect and panel alignment department.
Yes but don’t you think all the quirks it has is what makes it a mustang ?.
it’s so raw and unpredictable, that’s why I love it.
Had a Porsche cayman s once and that car bored the hell out of me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Hmmm
Seems like the rapid ticking noise I have is not the same as the 2k rattle.
I have been noticing the car losing some power but this always happens between start ups and is very intermittent…

I think although not 100% that the noise I’m hearing is coming from the purge valve. It’s like the solenoid is rapid clicking from about 2k revs and only does it when the engine is warm which is when the valve operates.
No error codes because it’s too intermittent with the symptoms and won’t allow time for an error code.

anyway I managed to source a new purge valve for cheap and will see if that is my personal issue.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi All
I’ve got the 2k rattle on my 2020 Bullitt. I know exactly what it is as well. The VVT solenoids.
Just wondered if their was ever a TSB or recall to have the ecu reprogrammed like the F150?.

anyone else have the rattle. It’s not a problem apparently just annoying. Anyone had any tunes to change the solenoids or phasers to stop this ?.

thanks
I had posted a SSM a while back for the VCT’s…. I haven’t followed any recent VCT threads only because it’s such a common issue for those to exhibit noise etc and there’s so many threads on this site about them.

Here’s the older link if this is something you’re seeking:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2015-2021-s550-5-0’s-ssm-50067-vct’s-again-various-dtc-codes.169419/

Even if a TSB exists, it’s just a doc with findings to help associate similar diagnosis (and or a possible remedy/fix). It doesn’t mean that whatever is outlined in the TSB IS in fact THE problem. The TSB is just a guide for Techs and Service Centers. Same is true with the SSM’s and GSB’s.

The repair wouldn’t be covered any warranty UNLESS the 3/36 B to B was still in play. I’m not sure if it would be covered under the 5/60 Powertrain UNLESS it’s either specifically included with the engine components provisions in the warranty. They may be considered wear/tear and if that is the case, cost is on the owner to repair.
Sponsored