Sponsored

New Stuff Installed and 2k Rattle Information

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
So... had the Steeda Ultra-Light Jacking Rails, the front K-Brace, the IRS Braces, and the clutch spring and perch installed today. Dark out here now so I'll run it around tomorrow.

Honestly, I don't notice a dimes worth of difference in the clutch feel or engagement point. And if I don't notice it now, not sure I'll notice it in a week or 2.

I live near the mechanic so he drove the car home and then I drove him back to his shop. I set up the "2K rattle" for him and he said, "Oh yeah, that's differential noise" and then explained himself which I instantly forgot. He said he hears it all the time and that it's not a problem. This is not a Ford dealer mechanic, it's a local performance shop.

Just FWIW. I take no position right or wrong.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
How does the suspension feel now with the new goodies?.. Notice any changes there?
Eh... maybe a slight difference. I’m not sure what I expected, actually. I guess I thought the difference would be more noticeable.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I live near the mechanic so he drove the car home and then I drove him back to his shop. I set up the "2K rattle" for him and he said, "Oh yeah, that's differential noise" and then explained himself which I instantly forgot. He said he hears it all the time and that it's not a problem.
Since I hear the sound coming from the front of the car, I think that observation might be about some other noise.

OP
OP
CAL Captain

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Since I hear the sound coming from the front of the car, I think that observation might be about some other noise.
When I hear it, it’s usually because I’m driving next to a wall or something that reflects the sound back. I cannot really tell whether it’s coming from the front or the back.

I was just passing on his comment.
Sponsored