Sponsored

2K Typewriter tick??! my .02

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So I was driving my Bullitt last night and something dawned on me: I spend absolutely ZERO time at 2000rpm. I can honestly say that I will probably never know if my car has this controversial sound because there's never a time that the coyote needs to be there.
Some people find a sound, vibe or any other kind of flaw you can imagine and become obsessed with it.... even though it has no real bearing on any part of the enjoyment or reliability on the car. Then when they share the info (usually via the almighty interweb) other people go out looking for the "issue" and get the same paranoia. Even though they may never have noticed it in the first place. Spreads like a plague, just a case of making mountains out of molehills.
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
So I was driving my Bullitt last night and something dawned on me: I spend absolutely ZERO time at 2000rpm. I can honestly say that I will probably never know if my car has this controversial sound because there's never a time that the coyote needs to be there.
Some people find a sound, vibe or any other kind of flaw you can imagine and become obsessed with it.... even though it has no real bearing on any part of the enjoyment or reliability on the car. Then when they share the info (usually via the almighty interweb) other people go out looking for the "issue" and get the same paranoia. Even though they may never have noticed it in the first place. Spreads like a plague, just a case of making mountains out of molehills.
Exactly, I sell used cars for a living and spend my whole time dealing with people looking for problems that aren’t there

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Guess I'm different. I spent about the first 5-10 minutes at below 3k rpms to allow the temps to come up. When I leave my neighborhood I don't go ripping about at 5k rpms. My noise is between 2-3k it is just called a 2k rattle because that is when it starts for many folks.

I'm not worried about it. But to think folks can just live above 2k RPMs in lower gears is a bit much.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Guess I'm different. I spent about the first 5-10 minutes at below 3k rpms to allow the temps to come up. When I leave my neighborhood I don't go ripping about at 5k rpms. My noise is between 2-3k it is just called a 2k rattle because that is when it starts for many folks.

I'm not worried about it. But to think folks can just live above 2k RPMs in lower gears is a bit much.
Same. I drive to a train station close to home. Nearly all my driving there is in the 1500-2500rpm range.

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Not that far fetched really.... Im not thrashing my car everywhere I go either (well maybe a bit lol) . All Im really saying is that with a 7400 rpm redline this car is very happy at 3000-3500rpms (lower than 50% of its operating range).
Different story than the old school v8s that redlined at 5000rpms, and where you would spend plenty of time 2-3000 rpm.
If its too loud for your commute we even have the option of quiet mode to tame it down.
Easy to understand if you've ever owned a sport bike; some engines aren't designed to be run at lower rpms.

Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
My
Not that far fetched really.... Im not thrashing my car everywhere I go either (well maybe a bit lol) . All Im really saying is that with a 7400 rpm redline this car is very happy at 3000-3500rpms (lower than 50% of its operating range).
Different story than the old school v8s that redlined at 5000rpms, and where you would spend plenty of time 2-3000 rpm.
If its too loud for your commute we even have the option of quiet mode to tame it down.
Easy to understand if you've ever owned a sport bike; some engines aren't designed to be run at lower rpms.
My 64 1/2 k code will run all day at 6k. Revs up so damn fast. Tourqe and revs. Slow or revs? Who cares? More motor than suspension or brakes.
I havent had a chance to work motor in the bullitt yet. Think that it has enough tourqe....but wants to play between 4 and redline. Long gears. 2nd and 3rd gear to drive hard on. Not short gears like my 15 pp mustang for quickness.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
My

My 64 1/2 k code will run all day at 6k. Revs up so damn fast. Tourqe and revs. Slow or revs? Who cares? More motor than suspension or brakes.
I havent had a chance to work motor in the bullitt yet. Think that it has enough tourqe....but wants to play between 4 and redline. Long gears. 2nd and 3rd gear to drive hard on. Not short gears like my 15 pp mustang for quickness.
To drive hard on twisties....2nd and 3rd gear will be great fun.
Sponsored