Sponsored

Am I crazy? 2k Rattle

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Its so strange and can be a coincidence but can it be fuel related? When I added the ceratec it happens so I filled up different gas (Racetrac) away from the regular station (7eleven) by where I live. The ceratec "fixed" the rattle. A week later I filled up at the same 7eleven and the rattle came back. This time much worse and much louder than I am used to. I could hear the rattle with music on. I can hear it resonating from cars next to me when driving and also even the curbs. Today I fill up at Wawa I had about 20mi to empty. Start up the car drive off. 0 Rattle.......

Is this fuel related? Always 93. Drove home no rattle I had my radio off the whole way. I even made it a goal to keep the car around 2k rpm between gears. Its weird I might be going crazy brain might be going dumb. Its weird. Any ideas?

Oil change is coming up I will address that with Ford, I will also down the line around 10k have a compression and bore scope done at a separate shop. Just to make sure.
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Its so strange and can be a coincidence but can it be fuel related? When I added the ceratec it happens so I filled up different gas (Racetrac) away from the regular station (7eleven) by where I live. The ceratec "fixed" the rattle. A week later I filled up at the same 7eleven and the rattle came back. This time much worse and much louder than I am used to. I could hear the rattle with music on. I can hear it resonating from cars next to me when driving and also even the curbs. Today I fill up at Wawa I had about 20mi to empty. Start up the car drive off. 0 Rattle.......

Is this fuel related? Always 93. Drove home no rattle I had my radio off the whole way. I even made it a goal to keep the car around 2k rpm between gears. Its weird I might be going crazy brain might be going dumb. Its weird. Any ideas?

Oil change is coming up I will address that with Ford, I will also down the line around 10k have a compression and bore scope done at a separate shop. Just to make sure.
Hi - Experiment with just using top tier brands (list available on internet) for a while. They “reportedly” contain the additives recommended by the car manufacturers... Bruce

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
The rattle has nothing to do with fuel and ceratec is not fixing it either , First off all of these cars make some rattling noise at 1800-2300 rpm light rev , part of it it the actuator for the CMCV plates in the manifold . Next the other part is due to piston to wall clearance - some like my 18 A10 PP start quiet then 2 min later it makes the tick noise then by 5th minute as it warms up it gets quiet. No oil from 5/20 to 5/30 makes any real difference so I run either one penzoil ultra platinum full synth with zinc and phosphorus in it . My Bullitt is a 19 Manual and it makes some noise but not nearly like my 18 it has 820 miles and is still on factory oil / break in . It was broken in like I had always owned the car not deliberately easy or hard just what was ever in store for the day . I generally bring all my engines / including my fully built ones to operation temps then run it up To redline and down the rpm band loaded /engine braking first 20 miles then I Drive it for 500-800 miles and drop the oil . As for what my point was is some cars that make noise can have tolerances in piston to wall from .2 to .4 thousandths big and the piston moves a little when cold or not under load , just let these cars warm up fully before Reving the piss out of them and just drive it . There’s a video of an 18 A10 30000 miles 900-1200 the whole time and ticking never a trouble or any smoke . It was just broken down to build a race motor and upon inspection no issues found with the exception of 2 cylinders off by .04 thousandths like I mentioned and other than a little noise never broke under 1000whp . STOP WORRYING AND LIVE .

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[QUOTE="revinto7, post: 2792998, member: 13219 IF YOUR WORRIED ABOUT TICKING. SKIP TO 5 Min and watch [/QUOTE]

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not worried too much as the car is under warranty and I dont plan on doing anything to jeopardize that any time soon. Its getting a bid annoying because the radio cant drone out the noise now unless I turn it up.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Not worried too much as the car is under warranty and I dont plan on doing anything to jeopardize that any time soon. Its getting a bid annoying because the radio cant drone out the noise now unless I turn it up.
Hi - You could always switch the exhaust to track mode and then you wouldn’t hear it... Bruce

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Only way I drive sir!
Sorry, my loud exhaust note was intended to be a little tongue-in-cheek humor, but it’s clearly not funny to you. From reading this forum I’m left with the impression that for the most part it’s not likely a serious long term problem, but could possibly be. Also the noise may vary in intensity from car to car so one person may hear it but not be to the point of irritation, while others who have louder noises (rattling or whatever) find it at an intolerable level. If so, that’s a valid reason for complaining. Do you have friends with comparable cars you could do a comparison with noise levels which would at least let you know if yours is louder than normal? If so, then go to Ford and see if they can help. If not then you are stuck with keeping it and being aggravated or if affordable, dumping it. It’s clearly not fair if yours is really abnormally loud irrespective of whether it’s damaging or not. Try a lot of things from different brands of gas to different octanes to different additives. If something works, it may add a little bit to your annual costs, but it would cheaper than trading. I hope you find a solution... Bruce

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, my loud exhaust note was intended to be a little tongue-in-cheek humor, but it’s clearly not funny to you. From reading this forum I’m left with the impression that for the most part it’s not likely a serious long term problem, but could possibly be. Also the noise may vary in intensity from car to car so one person may hear it but not be to the point of irritation, while others who have louder noises (rattling or whatever) find it at an intolerable level. If so, that’s a valid reason for complaining. Do you have friends with comparable cars you could do a comparison with noise levels which would at least let you know if yours is louder than normal? If so, then go to Ford and see if they can help. If not then you are stuck with keeping it and being aggravated or if affordable, dumping it. It’s clearly not fair if yours is really abnormally loud irrespective of whether it’s damaging or not. Try a lot of things from different brands of gas to different octanes to different additives. If something works, it may add a little bit to your annual costs, but it would cheaper than trading. I hope you find a solution... Bruce
Haha I was trying to be funny with my response as well. My 2018 GT had similar noise but because it was an auto could have stayed out of that magic rpm range. I will talk to Ford and see what they say as well. Its ok I dont plan on dumping the car or getting rid of it....unless I find another GTI.. (JK). I do plan on checking the engine health around 10k miles just to be safe.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have decided to get rid of my Bullitt i cant stand the manual any longer after driving the 10 speed . I need to find a 301a PP1 with active exhaust ,and this car is history ..had to vent im done >

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Is this your daily driver??? ...any of your other cars automatic?? I can see a stick would be a pain in traffic..??

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have decided to get rid of my Bullitt i cant stand the manual any longer after driving the 10 speed . I need to find a 301a PP1 with active exhaust ,and this car is history ..had to vent im done >
Oh no :( . I had a 2018 Premium GT 10 speed and it was fun and fast but the driving enjoyment was not there. Also the noise of the V8 is much better with a stick for me. Hopefully you find what you are looking for.
Sponsored