Sponsored

2k-2500k Rattle

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Hi All
I’ve got the 2k rattle on my 2020 Bullitt. I know exactly what it is as well. The VVT solenoids.
Just wondered if their was ever a TSB or recall to have the ecu reprogrammed like the F150?.

anyone else have the rattle. It’s not a problem apparently just annoying. Anyone had any tunes to change the solenoids or phasers to stop this ?.

thanks
Sponsored

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How do you "exactly" know it's the vvt solenoids?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
My car made this noise until I was tuned. Probably nothing wrong with your car, ford solenoids have been very noisy since the 5.4 3v. Honestly you’re best off just ignoring it and not chasing that goose. I watched guys dump 5k+ into their 5.4s to stop the noise with no luck.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
There is 1 million 2 hundred fifty 5 of these threads. Everyone has it.... me included.

This engine makes noises there is tons of awesome parts working in harmony.

Have you heard of BMW engine? Those things sound like diesels. Just send it to redline and forget about it.

Cwood8656

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A, 2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner double cab
All gen threes do this.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
There is 1 million 2 hundred fifty 5 of these threads. Everyone has it.... me included.

This engine makes noises there is tons of awesome parts working in harmony.

Have you heard of BMW engine? Those things sound like diesels. Just send it to redline and forget about it.
They actually do sound like diesels…And the exhaust sounds pretty crappy too. Only positives are they run well, the build quality is better and @Mike Pfeifer gets some extra $ for his Mustang mods when they break.😂

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
They actually do sound like diesels…And the exhaust sounds pretty crappy too. Only positives are they run well, the build quality is better and @Mike Pfeifer gets some extra $ for his Mustang mods when they break.😂
LOL Until a BMW fan comes here and tells us they sound "decent." No sorry they don't in any way shape or form. That is why if I go German I get an awesome AMG Mercedes with a proper V8.

OP
OP

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
100% VVT solenoids.
Light throttle in neutral and sounds like marbles in a metal pan.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
[
100% VVT solenoids.
Light throttle in neutral and sounds like marbles in a metal pan.
quit chasing a phantom issue man. Best advice I can give you. Don’t go down the rabbit hole regarding ford solenoids. Any issues with them are overblown x1000 online and on YouTube

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
You know it!
image.jpg

Skm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt (Highland Green)
I hear the same the typewriter sound at 2k, however it’s a lot quieter than the gt I had before the bullitt. I put it down to the 350 intake manifold.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
Build quality being better isn't necessarily true. In addition, the cost of maintenance and repair are astronomical and complicated in comparison to the Mustang. And BMW design their vehicles that way so you have to bring it to them and pay their high repair/service costs.

OP
OP

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Don’t be fooled by “quality” of these German cars.
Build quality being better isn't necessarily true. In addition, the cost of maintenance and repair are astronomical and complicated in comparison to the Mustang. And BMW design their vehicles that way so you have to bring it to them and pay their high repair/service costs.
agreed.
A family friend used to be chief engineer at ford in Europe a while ago and they would buy mercs, Audis and bmws and reverse engineer them. In other words take them completely apart to the last screw and he said that they never found anything that deserved the word “quality” just headaches when it goes wrong.
He told me NOT to buy an Audi and I didn’t listen.
Put it this way I’ll NEVER buy an Audi again.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Guys….being realistic, I love my Mustang. But truthfully, let’s face it, while some come through pretty good, Flat Rock can really use some help in the paint defect and panel alignment department.
Sponsored