Sponsored

2035: Oregon banning sales of all new pure combustion vehicles

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Per article on CarBuzz:
Oregon Bans The Sale Of Pure Combustion Vehicles From 2035 https://carbuzz.com/news/oregon-bans-the-sale-of-pure-combustion-vehicles-from-2035

Although 2035 is the starting year, this law went into effect immediately per the article.

What it means "Cliff Notes":
All NEW car pure combustion vehicle sales in the State become illegal.

---

Get your brand new gas powered Mustangs now folks... LOL

---
Based on the article, this is being implemented due to "ACC II Rule". Has anyone even read that rule?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Morons. You get what you vote for.
Maybe, but it seems like a lot of folks agree.

Of the approximately 700 comments on the subject, 500 were in favor of the move, according to Rachel Sakata, the senior air quality planner at the DEQ.

Like it or not, one by one every state will start to accept and implement these rules. What we really need is a zero emissions ICE engine. Problem solved.

Buy the way if anyone really wants to know.
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/advanced-clean-cars-program/advanced-clean-cars-ii

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
From the 1st article linked.

"What does this mean for the average consumer? The sale of new combustion vehicles within the state will become illegal, but used cars are not prohibited."

My immediate reaction is there are going be a lot of dealerships selling "used" cars with 100 miles on them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

"What does this mean for the average consumer? The sale of new combustion vehicles within the state will become illegal, but used cars are not prohibited."

My immediate reaction is there are going be a lot of dealerships selling "used" cars with 100 miles on them.
It will be interesting to see how many "new" ICE vehicles will actually be on dealer lots in 2035.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green... -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I don’t for a second consider comments as a basis on what a majority is. Nor do I base it on who’s the loudest. My service diesels are damn near zero emissions. It’s the same lunacy of shutting down a power plant claiming conversion to green energy and that supply is neither on line nor capable of replacing what was taken off line.

Of the approximately 700 comments on the subject, 500 were in favor of the move, according to Rachel Sakata, the senior air quality planner at the DEQ.

Like it or not, one by one every state will start to accept and implement these rules. What we really need is a zero emissions ICE engine. Problem solved.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/advanced-clean-cars-program/advanced-clean-cars-ii

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
They’re going to out a lot of highly skilled gas attendant pumpers out of business (Oregon is dumb)

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

That is asking for a smack down - wait until the legislature criminalizes such actions. The dealers will stop playing games. Anyways, they have 12 years to tweak the language of the law. But beyond that, I think the market will do this on its own.

And if the voters in Oregon don't want ICEs, then that is democracy at work. Pro-ICE factions can make their case to the voters. But the west coast is an impregnable democratic stronghold. Anti-ICE sentiment runs high out here - Oregon is basically following CA. WA is on track as well with the ICE ban. States like AZ and NV love solar and EVs because sunshine is so plentiful, so charging is not an issue. I bet NM and CO do their own thing as well. I doubt TX and the South will follow suit anytime soon. But again, all that said, I think market forces will deal with this. This is bearing itself out in my neighborhood. We had the first Mach E on the block. Now, we are not alone. Tesla's are popping up too, as are Hyundai and Kia EVs. The trend is clear. And while I love my RS and GT, the Mach E is cool for its own reasons (not the least of which is my gas station-phobic wife no longer having to go to gas stations).

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
That is asking for a smack down - wait until the legislature criminalizes such actions. The dealers will stop playing games. Anyways, they have 12 years to tweak the language of the law. But beyond that, I think the market will do this on its own.

And if the voters in Oregon don't want ICEs, then that is democracy at work. Pro-ICE factions can make their case to the voters. But the west coast is an impregnable democratic stronghold. Anti-ICE sentiment runs high out here - Oregon is basically following CA. WA is on track as well with the ICE ban. States like AZ and NV love solar and EVs because sunshine is so plentiful, so charging is not an issue. I bet NM and CO do their own thing as well. I doubt TX and the South will follow suit anytime soon. But again, all that said, I think market forces will deal with this. This is bearing itself out in my neighborhood. We had the first Mach E on the block. Now, we are not alone. Tesla's are popping up too, as are Hyundai and Kia EVs. The trend is clear. And while I love my RS and GT, the Mach E is cool for its own reasons (not the least of which is my gas station-phobic wife no longer having to go to gas stations).
Hello; Gotta love the true believers on here. I guess the implication is someone from Oregon cannot drive to another state and buy a new ICE. That will be an interesting turn of events. I have not seen the language of these mandates, but if the language does not bar the registration of an ICE this will be legal. So far, the little i know about the mandates is the SALE of new ICE vehicles cannot happen a state.
That said I imagine the control agenda will fix the oversight if they can stay in power. I do wonder how it will work. You can register a freshly purchased used ICE but cannot register a newly purchased new ICE from a different state?? How about some one unfortunate enough to have to move into the state who just bought a new ICE?
If these agenda mandates survive, then the populations of these states will self-align. A lot will continue to leave if they can manage that. Wonder what such an exodus might do to home values? Guess it will behoove those to leave early if they own property. Those left will be more like minded to be sure and can vote in even more "green agenda" stuff.

In a way these early adoption states will benefit those of us in the other states. Except for the crowding by all the new folks moving in. I already know a few now living in TN recently from California, New York and Colorado. (Colorado guy chased a woman here who is going to nursing school at LMU. I met her and can see the why behind his move, so he may not fit the role of escapee. I admire his pluck as the farthest I ever chassed a woman was about 50 miles) One thing so far is my property value is up a lot from all the new folks buying up properties.
Another benefit is that we in the sane states will get to see how the mandates work out. If the EV's do, against the odds, actually turn out to be a viable alternative then those mandate states may have polished off some of the rough edges. If the EV's fall short, then we can still have a new ICE after the mandates start.

I realize this notion will not register but will add it just because. A free market will be the better way to wind up with the best EV possible. If the EV's continue to fall short of an equivalent ICE, then there will be an incentive for the EV makers to improve them. If EV's get a pass from direct competition and rebates (incentives), then they will not improve over time. Same for the ICE. We may wind up with even cleaner ICE's with direct competition. (ICE's are already pretty clean you know)(I was around when 1950's vehicles were brand new and know the current ICE is cleaner.) But i get it. If you have an agenda which requires folks to take a step or two backwards with their mode of transportation, then mandates are the way to go.

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I guess that'll suck for all those who will be living in Oregon 12 years from now.

1671910023961.png

For those who haven't read it and haven't learned how to Google -
https://www.oregon.gov/deq/EQCdocs/121922_ItemA_ACCII.pdf

They even took the time to address 82 comments that came up during it, responding to all of the continually regurgitated ones we're likely to see here. I guess if you don't like it, don't move to Oregon at or around 2035? State will be a complete mess, with everybody driving around all those used cars.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
https://www.oregon.gov/deq/EQCdocs/121922_ItemA_ACCII.pdf. :ontheloo:

I guess that'll suck for all those who will be living in Oregon 12 years from now.

1671910023961.png

For those who haven't read it and haven't learned how to Google -
https://www.oregon.gov/deq/EQCdocs/121922_ItemA_ACCII.pdf

They even took the time to address 82 comments that came up during it, responding to all of the continually regurgitated ones we're likely to see here. I guess if you don't like it, don't move to Oregon at or around 2035? State will be a complete mess, with everybody driving around all those used cars.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP

The commenters don't need to prove they live in the state. so , ya the paid army of posters chimed in.
And they can delete post they don't want to skew the outlook. like any poll.

This ban ice only or ice only by x date, is only a ploy to get a speed runner type investment into the r&d of the ev's. They know we can't have an all ev fleet or all hybrid one either.
Earth can't support that we don't have the raw materials for that. and they know it. but The way I see it, the "Banning" by x year is just a way to get vehicle manufactures to spend the capital on the r&d to fast track/speed run the engineering of them to bring the cost down.
In the private domain they call that a scam. but we are taking those that rule over thy so those rules don't apply.
Only way pure ice is going away is it they can make hybrids cheap enough that the poor can afford to own and repair them. as Those folks are the ones with the worst offenders for emissions as they don't have the funds to service what they do have, and what they have is old worn out vehicles that emissions are higher than those with newer vehicles.
A worn out ruff running 4 banger is dirtier than a 500hp v8.
Till those in power understand this, and find away for those in those shoes can afford a hybrid or ev. it won't matter.
THe EU and USA don't have glass bubbles over them to keep the air from 3rd world counties emissions from floating in the jet stream. so. this is all a scam, And industrializing areas of the world that were not, to make this happen that have no pollution regulations or very lax ones is going to undo any good we "think" we are doing.
but, blind leading the blind, no one sees the seventh sign.ALL LEFT BEHIND!