2024 Mach 1 replacement

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium
If you look at a few of the photos the tail lights are concave so they go in at the center of the tail lights and outwards at the ends like a triangle.
I hate the tail lights, and that crease at the back is just too extreme.

To make things worse, the trunk lid doesn't align with the tail lights, instead it dips down giving it an uneven/non mustang look.

S550S650RearEnd.jpg
Sponsored

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I hate the tail lights, and that crease at the back is just too extreme.

To make things worse, the trunk lid doesn't align with the tail lights, instead it dips down giving it an uneven/non mustang look.

S550S650RearEnd.jpg
To make it even better for something you cannot unsee.. pic on the right... tail lights are eyes, drop down trunk lid is a smiley, and the logo is a nose. Creepy smiley face... šŸ˜Š

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium
To make it even better for something you cannot unsee.. pic on the right... tail lights are eyes, drop down trunk lid is a smiley, and the logo is a nose. Creepy smiley face... šŸ˜Š
Well you're completely right, cause now my eyes naturally gravitate towards that smiley. šŸ¤£

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
What a base/non premium interior looks like on a S650.

BaseInterior 1jpeg.jpeg

I just can't accept the new interior, whether premium or base. I tried to look at it in a positive way, but I just can't find anything good about it. The flat bottom steering wheel is nice, but that chunky center makes me retract my statement.
Doesnā€™t really work for a Mustang for me.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both C8 owners and Hellcat owners have turned to stand alone ecus to bypass the factory limitations. They aren't cheap either. The only way they survive is by selling standalone ecus or unlocked PCMs to bypass Ford. The EPA walls are closing around the tune shops and the hobby
Some folks will do anything for the opportunity to blow their engine to bits. :cwl:

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
While I'm getting rid of my Mach 1 to pursue other ventures, if I ever get back into a mustang, I'll prob look at a s550 again. A few mods and a tune and the horsepower difference will be negligible.

Also IMHO the Mach 1 will always be cooler than a zero-heritage dark horse mustang.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
everyone likes the new Emblem on the Dark Horse, but i personally dont like it. if i would (and this is a very LONG shot would) get the new 2024 dark horse i would take the emblems off first thing and replace them with the real mustang logos.... i know ford is trying something different but this design was never used on any of the mustangs to date....so to me its a gimmick looking emblem...

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
they are creating a NEW performance line. of course they want a new emblem to signify the new line. also, not much a fan of it, but have not seen it in person.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Aside from the unpainted matte black plastic bits in the bumper, I like the look of the Dark Horse a lot... Maybe that bumper will grow on me, but otherwise that's gonna annoy me for a while considering you get the fully painted bumper with the base GT.

I'm also totally cool with the new name. It may be a bit cheesy, but I appreciate them creating a new brand rather than shoehorning every performance variant into an existing brand for the sake of nostalgia, even when it doesn't really make sense... Like our Mach 1s. They probably could have/should have started the Dark Horse brand, heh.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they are creating a NEW performance line. of course they want a new emblem to signify the new line. also, not much a fan of it, but have not seen it in person.
Itā€™s the millennials in the marketing dept.
Mustang means nothing so why not slap it on an electric SUV? The boomers are the only ones affording these anyway, and theyā€™ll eat it up. Besides, thereā€™s no such thing as bad publicity.
The dash needs to be high tech like all those modern high end SUVā€™s and since Mustang means nothing to us, who needs it to look like gramps Mustang anyway?
Hey my buddy Joe from college landed a job at Dodge. He started the Hellcat program for them a few years ago. Since I canā€™t have him one up me, Iā€™ll pitch the DH idea to Ford. Screw you Joe. Professor wannabe liked me better anyhow. :cwl: We did a little ā€œBack to the Futureā€ stuff with our new Mustang. The boomers are slowly moving out and weā€™re gonna be moving in, so we gotta bring more tech in here and keep them buying.

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, it's a new car and there can be only as many nods to the original. It isn't the same and in most ways it supersedes it. You can't expect things to remain the same. The execution is a different matter, even without reference to the heritage (exteriour is fine, interiour is questionable with displays standing out and mostly touch control, to me at least, as it objectively could have been done better). When in doubt regarding heritage, think of Gen 3 and Gen 4 and how obsolete their design looks today (no offense to anyone but they hardly look like Mustangs and not generic cars from that era).

DarkHorse25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium HP
Theres always something better or with more power. My M1 will be my first Mustang when it shows up in a couple months. Not looking to compete with the Gen 7. That being said im gonna do a fair amount of chassis upgrades, plus air filter, headers, and tune. Iā€™ll be good for a while. When im not good anymore its getting a centri.

And i dont want the ipad dash so that makes my choice easy to be happy with. M1s are rare. I have seen 1 in my town. And i have seen 0 Mischievous purple cars of any flavor.
Zero you say? šŸ˜

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Zero you say? šŸ˜
I have seen a few older Mustangs in purple. No MP though. Im sure there are some. KC is pretty big. But i think an MP Mach 1 will be a rare car here

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, it's a new car and there can be only as many nods to the original. It isn't the same and in most ways it supersedes it. You can't expect things to remain the same. The execution is a different matter, even without reference to the heritage (exteriour is fine, interiour is questionable with displays standing out and mostly touch control, to me at least, as it objectively could have been done better). When in doubt regarding heritage, think of Gen 3 and Gen 4 and how obsolete their design looks today (no offense to anyone but they hardly look like Mustangs and not generic cars from that era).
True. The S550 brought a lot of people who didnā€™t want a Mustang to think twice and maybe buy one. A lot of folks like @Charlemagne,our friends in Europe were finally able to get a Mustang. The S550 is a watermark in Ford history. Truth is Dave P. hit the ball out of the park on the original design. The S650 with all its technology will never have the place of the 6G. It is just a continuation of the groundbreaking S550 design Ford made happen. I believe the S550 will sit side by side with the gen 1 as truly iconic in design and admired for a long time to come.
Sponsored

Last edited: