Vehicle Showcase

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
2024 GT is 480 horse they said? Isn’t the Mach 1 480 also? They said the dark horse will be around 500hp. Still Havnt given exact numbers so who knows. We will find out end of the year I’m guessing for exact numbers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
2024 GT is 480 horse they said? Isn’t the Mach 1 480 also? They said the dark horse will be around 500hp. Still Havnt given exact numbers so who knows. We will find out end of the year I’m guessing for exact numbers.
GT is 480+ so who knows. That's more than the M1 or Bullitt. They said 500 on the DH but that was not a solid number.

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
GT is 480+ so who knows. That's more than the M1 or Bullitt. They said 500 on the DH but that was not a solid number.
i watched it again and after the event some guys were standing next to the engine and going over and the engineer said the horsepower will be around 480 for standard engine and 500 for dark horse. So again, neither is 100%. They both might be 20hp less or 20 more lol. It’s way way too early,

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Gt to gt and Mach 1 to DH performance will be minimal in real world. Track or strip will be driver races. IMO the biggest deciding factors for buys will be, do the like the new dash and technology, and do they like the exterior styling.

I think the tech piece is overboard. I like the larger screen and how it is positioned to face the driver in the DH but I doubt I would use it much more than I currently do my Mach. I dislike that my drivd modes, ac, steering feel all need to be handled through a touch screen. I know where my toggles are at and can change on the fly without taking my eyes off the road. If auto start stop is present, that is a performance killer for me. I forget to put it into the drive mode, exhaust mode often enough that I know I would forget to disable auto start stop. This feature alone allowed the auto to increase HP without incurring a gas guzzler and meet the ne emissions standard.

The read brakes are a upgrade over the Mach. Everything else from aero to coolers appears to be similar/same. The new dual intake looks neat but once you get two MAF and two TB your chances of something going wrong have doubled.

As for appearance, it looks okay. I hate the new taillights. Everything else I can take or leave. My biggest concern is it looks even heavier than the s550. If that is the case, the extra HP will be offset.

Last but not least is the big elephant in the room. How locked down is the PCM? Whipple announced a gen 6 for the s650 but I am sure this is based on a long standing relationship with FP as they provided the FP supercharger for the Gen 1 yotes. I'm sure Ford will work with others ie roush, Shelby America steeda etc but the Lunds, PBD, AED and VMP will probably be shut out. Thise tune shops will work around it the same way the dodge boys are. They will sell you a new unlocked PCM as a work around.

Again all my personal opinion but I have a feeling this is how it will all shake out. Time will tell.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
the Lunds, PBD, AED and VMP will probably be shut out. Thise tune shops will work around it the same way the dodge boys are. They will sell you a new unlocked PCM as a work around.
How locked down is Dodge? I ask because if Ford uses C8 level encryption the boys you mentioned are dead in the water. Yes, maybe it can be done but are they will to spend the time and expense to do it.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
How locked down is Dodge? I ask because if Ford uses C8 level encryption the boys you mentioned are dead in the water. Yes, maybe it can be done but are they will to spend the time and expense to do it.
Both C8 owners and Hellcat owners have turned to stand alone ecus to bypass the factory limitations. They aren't cheap either. The only way they survive is by selling standalone ecus or unlocked PCMs to bypass Ford. The EPA walls are closing around the tune shops and the hobby

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium
Well that is not the actual interior. It is one piece of glass not two like this picture. Just sayin.
It's the base/non premium interior. The one you are referring to is the premium interior.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
sorta like the split screens of that base, but i am too old for base things. much thanks for the clarification.

also, the screens are a byproduct of the market and move towards EVs. it is what the kids want. mostly.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I think the front end is an improvement over the base 2018+ modes (Maybe because it looks pretty similar to Mach 1s now lol). I also like the look of the GT/Ecoboost better than this Dark Horse package. I'm indifferent towards the side profile changes. I'm still not sold on that back end but maybe it will grow on me. I think if the tail lights were different instead of flat then it'd be a lot better.

The interior looks nice but a lot of it looks like carry-over from 2018 (aside from the new infotainment and big-ass screens). There's not really much in the way of new creature comforts/features either. Where's the HUD? Automated parallel parking? Front-end parking sensors? If Ford is going to command the same pricetag as a BMW, then it should have the same/similar features or something to match.

I was hoping for a bit more in the way of real features instead of just goofy stuff like the keyfob rev, but this is just another refresh on par with the 2018 one. More customization is cool i guess but that doesn't make me wanna upgrade.

I'm perfectly happy with my Mach 1 and don't really see upgrading unless someone paid me to switch to a 2024 GT Performance Package, and even then I'm not sure it's worth it. Maybe mid-cycle refresh for this gen will have some new features that will make it more worthwhile?
If you look at a few of the photos the tail lights are concave so they go in at the center of the tail lights and outwards at the ends like a triangle.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I think the front end is an improvement over the base 2018+ modes (Maybe because it looks pretty similar to Mach 1s now lol). I also like the look of the GT/Ecoboost better than this Dark Horse package. I'm indifferent towards the side profile changes. I'm still not sold on that back end but maybe it will grow on me. I think if the tail lights were different instead of flat then it'd be a lot better.

The interior looks nice but a lot of it looks like carry-over from 2018 (aside from the new infotainment and big-ass screens). There's not really much in the way of new creature comforts/features either. Where's the HUD? Automated parallel parking? Front-end parking sensors? If Ford is going to command the same pricetag as a BMW, then it should have the same/similar features or something to match.

I was hoping for a bit more in the way of real features instead of just goofy stuff like the keyfob rev, but this is just another refresh on par with the 2018 one. More customization is cool i guess but that doesn't make me wanna upgrade.

I'm perfectly happy with my Mach 1 and don't really see upgrading unless someone paid me to switch to a 2024 GT Performance Package, and even then I'm not sure it's worth it. Maybe mid-cycle refresh for this gen will have some new features that will make it more worthwhile?
Don't forget about the best change to the interior IMO anyway, the flat bottom steering wheel!

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If you look at a few of the photos the tail lights are concave so they go in at the center of the tail lights and outwards at the ends like a triangle.
Yeah I wrote that quote before I saw the close-ups on youtube of the taillights — I like the exterior styling. Feels like a more angular 15-17 S550.

The reason why I won't be getting one is that I find the lack of any major upgrades on the interior very disappointing, although the flat-bottom steering wheel is pretty awesome.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
although the flat-bottom steering wheel is pretty awesome
there's what a DOZEN options today for a mere $500 that are not only VASTLY better in looks and feel, than the 650 one but have better materials?

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
there's what a DOZEN options today for a mere $500 that are not only VASTLY better in looks and feel, than the 650 one but have better materials?
Oh absolutely. Do they retain the heated functionality though?

Obviously almost anything that's sold 3rd party is going to blow Ford's factory stuff out of the water. I don't really care enough about a flat-bottom steering wheel to upgrade or even have the one in my Mach replaced tbh.
Sponsored