2024 Mach 1 replacement

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No it wont. Locked PCM. No way to tune it until that's cracked (could take years) or a piggy pack system. Until then youre limited to FORD APPROVED tunes for your car. Say goodbye to mild boltons and E30 or e85 tunes for a good while.

Oh bought a Whipple system? thats nice, you can ONLY run the pulleys they sell not any others because you cant get a custom tune for it anymore. Lot less fun when EVERYONE is running the same 12.5PSI lol
Actually there close to cracking the 21 F150 PCM which is basically the same operating system the DH is getting.

Dependings on how far your gonna mod a DH Personally a 700RW DH would be awesome and I wouldnt destroy a 75k car to run a number

Iā€™d buy a 17 to do that šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
FIRST CAN WE ALL APPRECIATE THAT THE V8 ISNT DEAD JUST YET

This new dark horse.

500hp, tremec, all the M1 goodies it sounds like

(and fuglyā€¦.interior as well)

thoughts on M1 being upped so soon? Even the new GT has more power which was expected I guess.
In theory everyone who bought the Mach 1 knew a new model to replace it was coming out. In theory everyone who buys a car knows that a new car is coming out the next year. Its like cell phones, there will ALWAYS be something new, that's capitalism.

Maybe it's the Millennial in me but honestly the interior alone is a colossal upgrade. The dash screens look like Mercedes' e class setup. Also like the exterior a lot more than I thought I would. Count me in.
Trust me that is gets old very fast. I installed a full fledged android tablet in my all analog Honda. It was a blast the first few months then I realized that 99.9% of the time I only used it for google maps and Spotify. What people don't understand about these screens is that Tesla designed their car around self driving before it was actually self driving. You are meant to remove your eyes off the road to use it. This is a drivers sports car. They choose the worst way to implement this which is two straight screens with huge borders, and integrated car functions into it, including temp/pressure.

The right way to do this is to Keep a flowing screen or two separate screen. If separate, the driver side screen is curved/egressed as to prevent sun glare. Do this while keeping basic functions still analog. If you want to be fancy you can have the toggles on screen like in the mach-E.

1663356998424.png

1663357036293.png

With that being said, I dont get the interior hate outside the screen, wheel, and dash. Literally everything else is the same. The elbow rest, seats, door interior, mirror, cup holder, shift knob, front and back seats, etc is all S550.

It's a solid "refresh" of the S550. The real problem is that there are so many other cheap features Ford could have put in besides remote revving, which I heard isnt user throttle controlled but a preconfigured rev sequence. Ford in the old focus had the best anti-pothole tech I've ever saw before that died with the focus. There's also HUD, 360 degree camera, audible reverse warnings, etc. These are all cheap things ford would not have to invest that much money to achieve.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I am not going to bash the new S650, though I am not impressed with it, as of today. Instead I am going to thank Ford for finally giving ME, MY Perfect Storm Mustang. My 2022 Mustang Mach1 with Handling Package in Eruption Green checks all my boxes.

I had been waiting for Ford to offer a Dark Green Mustang with an Automatic Transmission, to match my Dark Moss Green '67 Fastback 390GTA, for close to 20 years. I almost bought a 2020 Bullitt, but my bum knee kept me from pulling the trigger.

My Mach1 aka EOWYN, has all the bells and whistles I could ever want, and she proved herself in a 2900 mile shake down delivery cruise home from Granger Iowa. Fast, smooth, stable and gorgeous, she will be my last new Ford, and I intend to enjoy every minute!

OP
OP

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
FIRST CAN WE ALL APPRECIATE THAT THE V8 ISNT DEAD JUST YET

In theory everyone who bought the Mach 1 knew a new model to replace it was coming out. In theory everyone who buys a car knows that a new car is coming out the next year. Its like cell phones, there will ALWAYS be something new, that's capitalism.

Trust me that is gets old very fast. I installed a full fledged android tablet in my all analog Honda. It was a blast the first few months then I realized that 99.9% of the time I only used it for google maps and Spotify. What people don't understand about these screens is that Tesla designed their car around self driving before it was actually self driving. You are meant to remove your eyes off the road to use it. This is a drivers sports car. They choose the worst way to implement this which is two straight screens with huge borders, and integrated car functions into it, including temp/pressure.

The right way to do this is to Keep a flowing screen or two separate screen. If separate, the driver side screen is curved/egressed as to prevent sun glare. Do this while keeping basic functions still analog. If you want to be fancy you can have the toggles on screen like in the mach-E.

1663356998424.png

1663357036293.png

With that being said, I dont get the interior hate outside the screen, wheel, and dash. Literally everything else is the same. The elbow rest, seats, door interior, mirror, cup holder, shift knob, front and back seats, etc is all S550.

It's a solid "refresh" of the S550. The real problem is that there are so many other cheap features Ford could have put in besides remote revving, which I heard isnt user throttle controlled but a preconfigured rev sequence. Ford in the old focus had the best anti-pothole tech I've ever saw before that died with the focus. There's also HUD, 360 degree camera, audible reverse warnings, etc. These are all cheap things ford would not have to invest that much money to achieve.
the dash, wheel, and tablets are my complaint about the interior, nothing else. that bubble wheel...wth....I do like the fewer buttons and flat bottom though.

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I decided to ask my dealer about the new S650, and what he thought about it. He said he absolutely loves it, especially the Dark Horse. I told him that I hated the rear end, and he disagreed with me. Since we were on the topic of the DH, I couldn't help but ask about the pricing. He told me that they already made a list for their Dark Horse orders and that Ford hasn't released pricing information yet but he thinks MSRP is going to be very close to $70k. If that turns out to be true, that's pretty damn insane, for a base Dark Horse...

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a '22 Mischievous Purple GT Premium California Special, well equipped with a 6-speed manual. From the research I have done, I definitely own a unicorn.šŸ˜
close! A MP convertible with red seats is probably rarer. :) I'm beginning to wonder why I appear to be the only M6G with a Brittany Coastal (on order).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
... much LOVELY text deleted ...

There is a direct relation between how much time (and mental processing) one needs to process a symbolic information.
yup, HUMAN FACTORS is a thing. The human brain is a serial cable computer - SLOW on single-thread but massively parallel. Software engineers and tablet UI jockeys are MISERABLE at design primarily because they've never taken so much as a single class, and nobody apparently dusts off their copy of Human Computer Interface Design published circa 1980 by Apple, yes that Apple. I owned all 7 tomes for a while.

What "works" sitting in your desk chair doesn't REMOTELY translate to what works with partial attention when visual, cognitive, and motor skills are already significantly engaged. People can barely handle a conversation and drive aka respond to inputs and recognize developing situations. How the HELL are they supposed to break focus and try to interpret symbols and worse, do "precision" movements on a screen which REQUIRES visual tracking to accomplish? You've all seen where a diagonal finger movement fails to work because it wasn't within the absurdly narrow range of motion the tracking algorithm was expecting. So you now have to do it again.

FK THAT SH*T.

My 2012 Audi is all button-driven and hardly the most efficient (it'll take 5 min to input an address as a waypoint) - but to zoom and pan the moving map means all I need to do is blindly feel for the 2" rotary located at a natural location and twist. Sure, I can audio-command the Ford Sync3 8" but I have to hit the voice button, speak sufficiently clearly for the stupid Voice parser, and wait (slowly) for the screen to zoom. I mean, the Ford sync map render is *embarassingly* slow and modern chips are orders of magnitude faster than stuff from 2012. So huge Ford fail on that basic functionality alone.

Tech done badly - which is Ford's forte, is massively worse than legacy buttons and knobs. It just is. VW is going to have to undo it's haptic nonsense they put on Gen8 GTI as users revolt. They should have enough brain cells to KNOW it was a stupid idea but again, you've got software guys making the decisions when they should keep their noses FIRMLY planted in their source code and leave ergonomics and design to the people who actually know what the hell they are doing.

Last edited:

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
yup, HUMAN FACTORS is a thing. The human brain is a serial cable computer - SLOW on single-thread but massively parallel. Software engineers and tablet UI jockeys are MISERABLE at design primarily because they've never taken so much as a single class, and nobody apparently dusts off their copy of Human Computer Interface Design published circa 1980 by Apple, yes that Apple. I owned all 7 tomes for a while.

What "works" sitting in your desk chair doesn't REMOTELY translate to what works with partial attention when visual, cognitive, and motor skills are already significantly engaged. People can barely handle a conversation and drive aka respond to inputs and recognize developing situations. How the HELL are they supposed to break focus and try to interpret symbols and worse, do "precision" movements on a screen which REQUIRES visual tracking to accomplish? You've all seen where a diagonal finger movement fails to work because it wasn't within the absurdly narrow range of motion the tracking algorithm was expecting. So you now have to do it again.

FK THAT SH*T.

My 2012 Audi is all button-driven and hardly the most efficient (it'll take 5 min to input an address as a waypoint) - but to zoom and pan the moving map means all I need to do is blindly feel for the 2" rotary located at a natural location and twist. Sure, I can audio-command the Ford Sync3 8" but I have to hit the voice button, speak sufficiently clearly for the stupid Voice parser, and wait (slowly) for the screen to zoom. I mean, the Ford sync map render is *embarassingly* slow and modern chips are orders of magnitude faster than stuff from 2012. So huge Ford fail on that basic functionality alone.

Tech done badly - which is Ford's forte, is massively worse than legacy buttons and knobs. It just is. VW is going to have to undo it's haptic nonsense they put on Gen8 GTI as users revolt. They should have enough brain cells to KNOW it was a stupid idea but again, you've got software guys making the decisions when they should keep their noses FIRMLY planted in their source code and leave ergonomics and design to the people who actually know what the hell they are doing.
To your point, toggle switches, tabbing work great in the current configuration. Your brain memorizes the location without having to stare at it and click around while focused on the road.

Sponsored

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
yup, HUMAN FACTORS is a thing.
(snip)
ā€¦. leave ergonomics and design to the people who actually know what the hell they are doing.
I am in software too and empathize with your comment. But where are those ergonomics and human interaction experts that youā€™re talking about? Theyā€™re gone I donā€™t know where. Last sane GUI functional designer I met was in 2006. Everything has been slowly tumbling downhill since then, but accruing speed and idiotic behaviors as it does.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thereā€™s already an all electric Mustang šŸ«£. Welcome to the future.
Unfortunately, the only way to keep the Mustang alive is sales. I think once more EV's hit the market, that will probably be the end of the ICE sport coupe. Enthusiasts alone won't be enough sales to keep it going.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
I think the S650 will be the last of the traditional Mustangs. If rumours are to be believed they've already canned the rumoured hybrid and all electric versions of the platform. Today, the S650 utilises the S550 platform ie floor, roof, inner structures etc probably so they didnā€™t have to spend/waste money on development on those items when they already have an in production platform in the Mach E. Dodge are going all electric and this now gives Ford a unique opportunity to sit back and watch developments over there while selling the S650. I imagine that at some point the Mach E platform will become the basis, if not THE future Mustang once the S650 has had its day. Breaking away from the practise of recycling ICE heritage names and using the new Dark Horse monikers also allows Ford to start to slowly edge away from the tradition of the V8 performance models and transition towards new names with new associations.
Dark Horse Mach E at some point ?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Theres always something better or with more power. My M1 will be my first Mustang when it shows up in a couple months. Not looking to compete with the Gen 7. That being said im gonna do a fair amount of chassis upgrades, plus air filter, headers, and tune. Iā€™ll be good for a while. When im not good anymore its getting a centri.

And i dont want the ipad dash so that makes my choice easy to be happy with. M1s are rare. I have seen 1 in my town. And i have seen 0 Mischievous purple cars of any flavor.
The M1 is a very nice looking car. The only thing that I think it is missing is a shaker hood. I know there is at least one company out there that offer them, but if Ford did it for the 03-04, they could have done it for the 21-22 models too and had it serve as a source of cool air the the CAI.

I do know of one FJG M1 that just arrived in the KC Metro area Last week, so you may happen to spot it out on the road at some point.
Sponsored