2024 Mach 1 replacement

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The only way my Mach 1 would leave is for a good bye edition Shelby to the V8.
Sponsored

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Nope, I agree with the comment about no vinyl striping which I hate on my Mach but will not remove. I think the Dark Horse is overall an improvement over the Mach 1.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Nope, I agree with the comment about no vinyl striping which I hate on my Mach but will not remove. I think the Dark Horse is overall an improvement over the Mach 1.
Eh.... very very minor. Like I said, I can put E85/Flex on my Mach 1 while you can't to a Dark Horse so there's that. I'll have a lot more HP than a Dark Horse and plenty of other good track items that are there.

Apparently John Lund II already made a post saying how terrible and awful the S650 is and it goes to show that Ford cut its budget and the lack of an AWD V8 is really bad.

VooDeeZy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Maybe it's the Millennial in me but honestly the interior alone is a colossal upgrade. The dash screens look like Mercedes' e class setup. Also like the exterior a lot more than I thought I would. Count me in.

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Eh.... very very minor. Like I said, I can put E85/Flex on my Mach 1 while you can't to a Dark Horse so there's that. I'll have a lot more HP than a Dark Horse and plenty of other good track items that are there.

Apparently John Lund II already made a post saying how terrible and awful the S650 is and it goes to show that Ford cut its budget and the lack of an AWD V8 is really bad.
No doubt they could have done a lot more and went hybrid or electric & AWD but that would have turned more people away. There is already the Mach-E but I think they are treading lightly with their nearly 60 year running RWD V8 pony car.

Obviously Lund is upset if it cuts into his customer base and I think that is Ford's intention. I am sure there will be some tuning going on but maybe to certain chosen tuners?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Obviously Lund is upset if it cuts into his customer base and I think that is Ford's intention. I am sure there will be some tuning going on but maybe to certain chosen tuners?
Ford will likely give Roush, Saleen and Shelby access to the ECU but I doubt Lund, PBD, etc. will. They’ll have to try to jailbreak it which probably won’t be easy.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It looks okay but it's not for me. The front fascia and headlights do nothing for me and the rear end is a disappointment. Not liking the big display in the interior either but to people, who want modern styles, it'll be fine. Slightly more power is not important to me at all. Choosing Mach 1 in 2021 and Velocity Blue was a huge win for me :clap:

At least the blue Dark Horse with blue calipers and nicer rear calipers is cool.

Last edited:

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 on order.
It looks okay but it's not for me. The front fascia and headlights do nothing for me and the rear end is a disappointment. Not liking the big display in the interior either but people who want modern styles it'll be fine. Slightly more power is not important to me at all. Choosing Mach 1 in 2021 and Velocity Blue was a huge win for me :clap:
I have the same feelings towards it, My mach 1 should be in the uk as of tomorrow, so this has done nothing to persuade me from keeping the mach 1.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Actually its supposed to be running version of the 21 up F150 PCM which will allow tuning and the bottom end is forged. A tuned BH will be the fastest Mustang besides a GT500 and a boosted DH will take advantage of a forged bottom end

i just hate the name, concept and what it will cost…..They coild release a Boss in 1-2 yrs too which could be very cool

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hellcat=Darkhorse. The marketing departments must be copying each other.
Dark Horse is the name people voted on to name the new blackout package. Ford though it was a good idea to tell people that they were naming a gimmick pkg and not that they were really naming a performance line. Marketing failure.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
At release, the Dark Horse appears to be a Mach 1 with an additional 30HP. Mechanically, it's nearly identical.

Styling-wise, IMO, the exterior is a mash-up of several other makes, none of which go together.

Interior styling is similar to exterior: the digital dash, huge and somewhat futuristic, is a foot away from throwback pushbuttons and vents.

'21 and '22 Mach 1s were pricing from $60-70K, with ADMs sometimes attached. The Dark Horse is going to price higher still.

I see zero compelling interest in the new car. Mechanically, I have effectively the same car. Styling, I believe I came out ahead. All for a lower price point.

Overall, I'm left with the feeling Ford has re-positioned their key designers towards the EV market with the rest being left to fend for themselves in supporting the S650.

It's going to be a close to a year, but I'm genuinely interested in the sales numbers. How many S650s do they sell? How many gushing over the S650 are going to commit and buy one?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Actually its supposed to be running version of the 21 up F150 PCM which will allow tuning and the bottom end is forged. A tuned BH will be the fastest Mustang besides a GT500 and a boosted DH will take advantage of a forged bottom end

i just hate the name, concept and what it will cost…..They coild release a Boss in 1-2 yrs too which could be very cool
People are getting 1000+from the current bottom end. Unless you are doing a track only car, which very tiny percentage of buyers would do, I don't see how making it a better bottom end matters at all for over 99% of buyers. Sure doesn't for me.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
At release, the Dark Horse appears to be a Mach 1 with an additional 30HP. Mechanically, it's nearly identical.

Styling-wise, IMO, the exterior is a mash-up of several other makes, none of which go together.

Interior styling is similar to exterior: the digital dash, huge and somewhat futuristic, is a foot away from throwback pushbuttons and vents.

'21 and '22 Mach 1s were pricing from $60-70K, with ADMs sometimes attached. The Dark Horse is going to price higher still.

I see zero compelling interest in the new car. Mechanically, I have effectively the same car. Styling, I believe I came out ahead. All for a lower price point.

Overall, I'm left with the feeling Ford has re-positioned their key designers towards the EV market with the rest being left to fend for themselves in supporting the S650.

It's going to be a close to a year, but I'm genuinely interested in the sales numbers. How many S650s do they sell? How many gushing over the S650 are going to commit and buy one?
I'm more interested in the Ecoboost. Lol it's the best looking S650 so far.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
It's a nice looking car. So is mine and several other cars from different companies.

when 8th gen drops the same thing will happen. Enjoy your car. Upgrade when you can/want 🤷🏻‍♂️ There's always gonna be a bigger fish.
Sponsored