Sponsored

2024 Challenger EV reveal likely coming next week (during Dodge Speed Week)

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I got to agree with others here that they did pretty good job with the styling, but the fake "exhaust" is just plain dumb.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You do realize there will come a point where ICE is either no longer available to buy or they are limited to 4 cylinder hybrid models right?
And the Jap/Koreans will gladly throw their ICE cars into the ring and crush Detroit's myopia with EV. The consumer can and will revolt and throw off their EV oppressors. Politicians and gov'ts can and will be overthrown.

When reality bites back, all KINDS of inevitable/guarantees get torn up and replaced.
If/When Dodge can't sell any of their new EV Chargers, they'll come back to ICE right quick.

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yes, the Raptor V6 made more power than the F150 Coyote. The RCSB 5.0 truck also outruns in in the 1/4 mile. 95% of Raptor owners never take them off road, at least in my area. Just a show off vehicle. Not fast, except when actually off road.
They arent meant for drag racing either. Whats your point? Most GT500's or Hellcats never see the drag strip either.

The Ford GT has ONLY 647 HP Out of that super high tech V6. Not exactly setting the world on fire. Built for one class of racing, or as a rich man's show off vehicle. My $55K Coyote would embarrass that thing off a light.
First, its 660hp, and AGAIN, not intended for drag racing... but i doubt you're doing better than a 10.9. Also name v6's with higher output that were out in 2017. The closest comparison engine to it is the GT-R and its still under 600HP in top form.

Limited production is what makes ADM's expected. Don't limit production, make all that the public wants.
Ford flat out said the Bullitt was going to have as many made as people wanted, and there was still ADM. The GT350 was round for 5 years, every year, still ADM. Honda Civic Si? ADM.
Acura Integra? ADM.
The fucking F250 that my dads been shopping for? Guess what. Still dealers asking ADM.

I'm sure Dodge made Plenty off the Demon. By selling it one year, they got people to keep going back for Hellcats, Redeyes, and all the other special editions that they seem to bring out every year.
Thats literally the point of EVERY halo car. GT-R, GT500, Ford GT, ZL1 and Z06 included.

GT500 is a Mustang Halo car. Why is there nothing in between a GT/M1 and GT500 power wise? You are stuck under 500HP, or over 750HP. A middle step would be great.
Because a "mid step" would hurt GT500 sales and Mach1 sales. A mach1 HP is already 65K and can almost handle as well as a GT500.
Want more power? FP supercharger is already 7K+ install price. At that point may as well get the GT500 and everything else that comes with it. its called marketing and financial logic. There is no logic in having a "mid-point" between 2 cars most cant afford anyway. It just wasted development and marketing money on ANOTHER low selling car.

GT350 was that middle step, for the track guys.
and the Mach1 is just as fast for the same price. Your point?

Most people don't want a track car for the street. Too stiff,
Which is why the HP kit is an option on the mach1, not standard.

and they weren't any quicker than the GT A10 cars.
Again, were isn't designed for 1/4 which seems to be your ONLY metric for a cars worth. GT350 would destroy an A10 GT around a track.

Pointless for everyday driving. Give me the comfort and power.
To o what? look like a jackass between redlights? because thats all you seem to care about being able to do.

And That is why Dodge is killing it and advancing every year in market share. Ford better wise up soon. Ram already outsells the silverado too. As much as I dislike Dodge, they are doing so much right. Let's see what they unveil next month for the Mustang. I'm prepared to accept that disappointment that I have seen so far.
Dodge total sales in 2021: 215K
Ford F-150 sales ALONE: 726K, almost the total of the RAM 1500 and Dodge combined.

Also lets not forget that RAM 1500 is one line, just like the F-150 is. GM's is split between two brands. So it's GOING to have a lower sales. If you want to see the Sierra as just a trim of Silverado then it outsold both(over 800K).... but I already know you like to pick and choose things so.....

Right now the only disappointment I see is in your ability to have any basic logic in your arguments because all I hear is "HuR DuR OfF ThE LiNe AND DuR QuArTrR MiLe!" like a 12yo kid or person that is oblivious that people do not only drive in a straight line and vehicles are intended to be multi-puropse.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
And the Jap/Koreans will gladly throw their ICE cars into the ring and crush Detroit's myopia with EV. The consumer can and will revolt and throw off their EV oppressors. Politicians and gov'ts can and will be overthrown.

When reality bites back, all KINDS of inevitable/guarantees get torn up and replaced.
If/When Dodge can't shell any of their new EV Chargers, they'll come back to ICE right quick.
You do know they are heavily investing in EV too right? Toyota(Jap) and Hyundi(Kor) are making large pushes that way. Hyundai already has a few EV's for sale that sell quite well. Subaru is rumored to have the next STi be electric and Acura said the Integra is lasts last new purely ICE car. Hondas adding more hybrids, and its already been mentioned the new Nissan Z was planning to enable a hybrid version down the road. Ferrari has said by 2030 it expects 80% of its sales to be hybrid and electric.

Also, you're ignoring that much of the EU is pushing for electric too. It's massively cheaper to make global cars than ones for specific markets.

Best case scenario for ICE is that Hybrids give them an extended lifespan.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

If/When Dodge can't shell any of their new EV Chargers, they'll come back to ICE right quick.
I would bet over half of car buys would be ok moving to a electric car. But cost and lack of good electric infrastructure stop them. So this notion that people are going to revolt against EVs is not something I see happening.

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'd argue it'd take not nearly as much as you suspect. At $130,000 for the model S plaid, it's more in supercar territory than anything. Not to mention it's $130,000 of nasty panel gap and half-aborted self-driving tech, that also can just spontaneously combust...

Someone gets a powerful enough car for the streets out at a reasonable price, and they'll sell like hotcakes to any prospective ICE to EV expeditioners. 500, 600 horsepower is about the most one could want and realistically use in a stock-from-the-factory car out on open roads. 1,000 horsepower from the factory on a road car like the model S plaid is bragging rights, and a speeding ticket or crash waiting to happen.

We already know track performance with EVs is going to continue to be rough for many, many years to come—track folks are going to stick with ICE. Don't bother.
The plaid sells, people want the power, the same way the demon sells, people want the power. The plaid is a modern muscle car, its dangerous, and made for blowing people away on the freeway. This new dodge will likely have a similar recipe, but my comment still holds, it will be very hard to take the crown away from the plaid.

So yes, it is for bragging rights, but that is the very essence of a muscle car and that's what people want to buy.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You do know they are heavily investing in EV too right?
of course. But they haven't bought into "EV is the only way" either. Hybrids are the only sensible way forward for the next couple decades that properly accounts for price, logistics, power grid, fuel availability, usage patterns, and dare I say "emissions".

People in Govt/Academia sit atop their cathedral perch and completely overlook the reality of the common man. It's a very common blindspot. And yet they keep getting surprised that physics and economics keep asserting their dominance.

The UK left the EU out of the need to face reality. The EU is on it's last legs, about to completely implode politically and economically. All this pie in the sky "we will force you to adopt EV, because we in gov't house said so" will be as durable as the morning fog.

Ferrari hardly counts as a benchmark - their customers exist to virtue-signal and splash money after uneconomic pursuits because they can. Nobody is saying electric motors aren't fast. They are. But even amongst that eclectic social strata the appeal of ICE is durable. So it is with the common man.

Can Honda make a face-ripping Civic SI with electric motor(s) in the back? Sure can. And I hope they do.

Last edited:

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

If/When Dodge can't sell any of their new EV Chargers, they'll come back to ICE right quick.
There is no world where any automotive manufacturer will ever go back to ICE technology. Its just simply not happening. Electric propulsion is at a physical advantage when compared to combustion.

Realistically we should be excited bout electric propulsion its going to change cars as we know them.

I just want someone to make an EV that's actually fun and not designed for pretend "outdoors people" to cart themselves to and from whole foods.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The plaid sells, people want the power, the same way the demon sells, people want the power. The plaid is a modern muscle car, its dangerous, and made for blowing people away on the freeway. This new dodge will likely have a similar recipe, but my comment still holds, it will be very hard to take the crown away from the plaid.

So yes, it is for bragging rights, but that is the very essence of a muscle car and that's what people want to buy.
Let's not forget Ford has been stress testing a 1500+Hp electric drivetrain in the CJ-E and Mach-E for a couple years now. Ford even mated an electric motor to a modified MT-82. They have also brought 3-4 electric vehicles to market already. I have a feeling that when Ford does it, its going to be done right as they will have years behind them in real world use and feedback to build on.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
of course. But they haven't bought into "EV is the only way" either. Hybrids are the only sensible way forward for the next couple decades that properly accounts for price, logistics, power grid, fuel availability, usage patterns, and dare I say "emissions".

People in Govt/Academia sit atop their cathedral perch and completely overlook the reality of the common man. It's a very common blindspot. And yet they keep getting surprised that physics and economics keep asserting their dominance.

The UK left the EU out of the need to face reality. The EU is on it's last legs, about to completely implode politically and economically. All this pie in the sky "we will force you to adopt EV, because we in gov't house said so" will be as durable as the morning fog.
Really? they haven't? Hyundai has multiple electric, Toyota is introducing a whole line of them under the Crown brand, and Lexus line, and as I said Acura is already saying the Integra is the last ICE as I already mentioned(they also work a lot with Toyota so likely will use those same EV drive trains). How is that not having "bought into" it?

I'm not even addressing the last part because you sound out of touch with reality.
Lets not forget your the guy that also had NO fucking idea that EPA MPG mandates were brand averages but not per vehicle.....for decades.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lets not forget your the guy that also had NO fucking idea that EPA MPG mandates were brand averages but not per vehicle.....for decades.
ok, so I had one little gap in my knowledge. Any rational gov't body making rules to "protect the environment" would NEVER not consider actual sales into the metric. I just didn't realize USG was THAT fking retarded.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
They arent meant for drag racing either. Whats your point? Most GT500's or Hellcats never see the drag strip either.

First, its 660hp, and AGAIN, not intended for drag racing... but i doubt you're doing better than a 10.9. Also name v6's with higher output that were out in 2017. The closest comparison engine to it is the GT-R and its still under 600HP in top form.

Ford flat out said the Bullitt was going to have as many made as people wanted, and there was still ADM. The GT350 was round for 5 years, every year, still ADM. Honda Civic Si? ADM.
Acura Integra? ADM.
The fucking F250 that my dads been shopping for? Guess what. Still dealers asking ADM.

Thats literally the point of EVERY halo car. GT-R, GT500, Ford GT, ZL1 and Z06 included.

Because a "mid step" would hurt GT500 sales and Mach1 sales. A mach1 HP is already 65K and can almost handle as well as a GT500.
Want more power? FP supercharger is already 7K+ install price. At that point may as well get the GT500 and everything else that comes with it. its called marketing and financial logic. There is no logic in having a "mid-point" between 2 cars most cant afford anyway. It just wasted development and marketing money on ANOTHER low selling car.

and the Mach1 is just as fast for the same price. Your point?

Which is why the HP kit is an option on the mach1, not standard.

Again, were isn't designed for 1/4 which seems to be your ONLY metric for a cars worth. GT350 would destroy an A10 GT around a track.

To o what? look like a jackass between redlights? because thats all you seem to care about being able to do.

Dodge total sales in 2021: 215K
Ford F-150 sales ALONE: 726K, almost the total of the RAM 1500 and Dodge combined.

Also lets not forget that RAM 1500 is one line, just like the F-150 is. GM's is split between two brands. So it's GOING to have a lower sales. If you want to see the Sierra as just a trim of Silverado then it outsold both(over 800K).... but I already know you like to pick and choose things so.....

Right now the only disappointment I see is in your ability to have any basic logic in your arguments because all I hear is "HuR DuR OfF ThE LiNe AND DuR QuArTrR MiLe!" like a 12yo kid or person that is oblivious that people do not only drive in a straight line and vehicles are intended to be multi-puropse.
Someone's Butt hurt. My car did better than 10.9 when it was on only 10 pounds of boost (10.52) and now at 17#. I'm a drag racer, sorry you can't comprehend that. So yes, 1/4 mile is the metric that I value most. Not having a Lemans racer, which neither of us will do, nor Racing the Baja 1000 which neither of us will do either. GTR can be built to well over 2,000 HP, can the 3.5 Ecoboost? Enjoy your Bullshit choices. I'll enjoy the car I built because Ford can't build in house for me.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I just want someone to make an EV that's actually fun and not designed for pretend "outdoors people" to cart themselves to and from whole foods.
I kind of feel the same way. There is not a single mass produced electric "sports car" on the market. Maybe once they start making actual cool electric cars I might be more interested.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't like how the tail of the car curves downward. It looks like an old person's sagging butt.

If they would change that part to be straight or curve slightly upward I think it would be a big improvement.
Sponsored