Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Quick Update on my car.
#1. I have the issue with the paddles showing on the dash at all times.

#2. The hot "restart" issue has also cropped up. During the winter it was non existent. As the weather has warmed the hot restart issue has showed its face. I do DW400. I have not engaged with Whipple about either as of yet.

Otherwise, still loving the car.
Whipple will be doing a update soon.they said it something that change in 2021.They can fix it if u have HP tuners rtd now

I got a new pump from DW. I havenā€™t install it yet.hope to do it this weekend
Sponsored

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
Also, I'll plug this tid bit in. In "drive" when you get into it the torgue converter lock up is quite delayed compared to OEM. 4th maybe 5th before lockup sometimes. Not that its an issue, but it does feel different. I did ask whipple about this. They said is was normal for their tune and used to help with drivability.

On the Cat's issue: I have not done a data log yet (shame on me I know). But my AFR gauge shows quite fat when hammering down. So my question is this. What kills the cats on these cars? Fat WOT clog them up then they overheat "or" Custom tune proper WOT APR which over heats them quicker? Or have I got this all wrong?

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
Quick Update on my car.
#1. I have the issue with the paddles showing on the dash at all times.

#2. The hot "restart" issue has also cropped up. During the winter it was non existent. As the weather has warmed the hot restart issue has showed its face. I do DW400. I have not engaged with Whipple about either as of yet.

Otherwise, still loving the car.
I just emailed them and received a response in about 10 minutes.

See below:
The updated cal is still taking sometime, but, we will send you a HP Tuner RDT flash tool, which will allow us to upload the file in the PCM, modify with update and send you. This is our shortcut while production takes sometime. I've included the instructions for that, we'll fix the hot start, cluster, etc plus lots of other improvements. Once you get the tool, just follow instructions, reply to this and we'll edit it and send it back.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
On the Cat's issue: I have not done a data log yet (shame on me I know). But my AFR gauge shows quite fat when hammering down. So my question is this. What kills the cats on these cars? Fat WOT clog them up then they overheat "or" Custom tune proper WOT APR which over heats them quicker? Or have I got this all wrong?
I believe the way the car is normally programmed, it adds fuel when the cats get hot to help cool them down so they go to a rich AFR. If that is the case, then it would be safe to assume that having a fat AFR in the 10-11 range would be safer for the cats then going a little leaner.

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I just emailed them and received a response in about 10 minutes.

See below:
The updated cal is still taking sometime, but, we will send you a HP Tuner RDT flash tool, which will allow us to upload the file in the PCM, modify with update and send you. This is our shortcut while production takes sometime. I've included the instructions for that, we'll fix the hot start, cluster, etc plus lots of other improvements. Once you get the tool, just follow instructions, reply to this and we'll edit it and send it back.
So are they sending u out a RDT.Did whipple say then new tune would fix the hot start problem?

I got a new pump from DW.Just got to install it.whipple said they got a bad batch of pumps from DW that they supplied in some kits.DW said probably the check valve in pump is defective. So they send me a new pump so there will be no down time.
Iā€™m also having problem with the car losing power after going WOT and get the wrench light.check dtc P0124 code ,

XROSEM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So, Did I read that right? You're going to put the Whipple 3.8 on a stock motor BUT you're changing the oil pump gears so you don't have any motor issues? Just my opinion, but you may want to rethink the 3.8...
I just spoke with Lethal performance today and both their top mechanics have done the same install on multiple Mustang GTs and no issues with any of them. They are the experts and I am following their recommendations. This is also not my daily driver so I will have fun for a while and build an awesome lower compression motor built to handle 15+ lbs of boost. I realize massive boost at this point is not wise but anything over 600hp they recommend OPGs so why I am having that done.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Your coin and decision. Hope it works out for you.

Not going to lie though, more than a little shocked that Lethal Performance would recommend the 3.8 Whipple on a stock motor shooting for 600hp. Kind of makes me double think them. I thought OPG are a ā€œnice to haveā€ more than a necessity. But hey, Iā€™ve been chasing a misfire for a year and a half so what do I know.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
So running the whipple. No opgs and have 700 to the wheel. I run 100 octane because it's cheap insurance and a whole lot cheaper than my old drinking problem.

Stay off the limiter and put away a few bucks a week for the built shortblock you'll want at some point anways

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
Any for guys have a problem restarting car after u shut it off for a few mins. When I shut my car off and go to restart it.It starts up, then just dies. Then I start it again and it starts right up.
I do have some news on this issue. I pulled a log and saw where the low pressure pump had no pressure reading until the second start attempt. Got with whipple, they confirmed my observations. Either a cut hose or bad ck valve on my DW400. Since fuel pressure stays solid on a 4th gear wot pull, most likely a bad check valve. Whipple is sending me a new one. I'll report back after swap.

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I got a new fuel pump from DW and it starts right up now on a restart. it mustā€™ve been a bad check valve in the fuel pump. I was good now.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I have to figure out #DATA logging .like to see fueling and spark knock.

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
I am still learning data logging as well.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Canā€™t figure out all the abbreviations

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
OK guysā€¦ was thinking on SC a Mach 1 with whipple, tought it was a set and forget thing but then I see people chasing gremlins here and thereā€¦ so do I have to put extra time to fix problems that will arise and may never fix?

Thanks
JC
Sponsored