Sponsored

2022 price increase/HP decrease

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...well, there are several guys on here that have a '22 GT.

Anyone that owns one think there is a noticeable drop in HP or
is it just a rouse like we thought????????????????.....................................:thumbsdown::thumbsup:
Sponsored

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
I could be wrong but it seems like Ford did something similar to the 5.0 Mustang back in 1993. The rating dropped from 225 hp to 215 hp because the SN95 was coming out in 1994. The new model used the same engine because the 4.6 wasnā€™t ready yet but got the ā€œlostā€œ ten horsepower back so it appeared to be an improvement over the previous car.
Maybe this means this S650 will have a 460 hp Coyote until a new engine is released next year?

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Exactly. That made no sense at all. The Mach-E isn't stealing V8 real Mustang sales, nor bolstering them, really. I am not against the existence of the Mach-E. Just against calling it "Mustang."
Iā€™m with you there. The thought of calling it a ā€œMustangā€ makes me want to šŸ¤®

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Is history repeating itself 50 years later?
1970 was the pinnacle of the original muscle carsā€¦ then around ā€˜71 and ā€˜72, the horsepower started to dwindle.
I doubt it, but it makes for a great conspiracy theory to get folks theorizing, postulating, speculating, surmising, guessing, philosophizing, hypothesizing, and proposing on their theory!

This is definitely the greatest era of muscle in the history of cars currentlyā€¦..!!!!
Kinda true in a sense. I doubt HP will drop dramatically. Actually I think it will increase but not on ICE but all the new EVs that will be coming out over the next 10yr or so. ICE will probably stay near the same as it slowly drifts off the scene over time and more research and investment moves to making EV more efficient and powerful.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
what would happen if someone seriously got in office and said lets abolish all EPA, (not trying to be political) but could the next president even have the power to? or doesnt it still need to be done by congress/senate etc.
It essentially can't happen. The EPA is one of the strongest political players in Washington and CARB is among the top 3 in CA. Both will continue to strangle the nation any damned way they please.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If they made no physical changes to the engine, why would they de-rate by 10 peak HP. Consider MPG and horsepower have zero to do with each other outside of physical changes, what gives?

Could they have changed the cats or exhaust and that accounts for the drop?
See post #7.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I just want Ford to put a turbo on the Coyote V8. It don't have to be the biggest turbo , just a large enough turbo to make 600 plus horsepower. Ford was so pro turbo but still does not offer a turbo on the Coyote V8.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Is history repeating itself 50 years later?
1970 was the pinnacle of the original muscle carsā€¦ then around ā€˜71 and ā€˜72, the horsepower started to dwindle.
I doubt it, but it makes for a great conspiracy theory to get folks theorizing, postulating, speculating, surmising, guessing, philosophizing, hypothesizing, and proposing on their theory!

This is definitely the greatest era of muscle in the history of cars currentlyā€¦..!!!!
I don't know if history will repeat itself. Definitely there was a huge improvement in cars after the terrible vehicles made in the mid-70s. Seems to me a lot of the improvement was due to competition. I don't know if you own or have driven a pre-1971 Mustang, but let me tell you; those cars are awfully poor quality and very cheaply made.

I'm glad to see that there are new car companies that seem to be up and coming. And many older companies are still strong.

My biggest concern is whether I'm becoming a dinosaur and I just want things that no one else does. In that case the automakers definitely won't build things I like. But I see cars like the new Mach 1 and BRZ as examples that there's still some demand for awesome new vehicles.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So it's losing 2 tenths of a percent in HP and increasing 5 hundredths of a percent in cost?
And someone is bitching?
Talk about 1st world problems...
Jezzz
People want their expensive new car to be an upgrade. Makes sense to me. Ford sure isn't charging a third world price for the 2022 Mustang GT.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
People want their expensive new car to be an upgrade. Makes sense to me. Ford sure isn't charging a third world price for the 2022 Mustang GT.
Expensive?
In the US it's barely a median price car...

If you want to complain about something let's bitch about gas prices, they're up 50% with no upgrade in performance.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
1985 Mustang GT 210hp (Holley 4bbl, true dual exhaust)
1986 Mustang GT 200hp (EFI, true dual exhaust)

That's just one example, but the notion that every iteration of every car should have more, more, more, more is just everything that's wrong with society. Sometimes the upgrades are just looks, chassis, luxury features, technology, etc. In the case of 85/86 Mustangs, it was a tech improvement (EFI), which had great benefits, but lost a little bit of power.

That said, the '22 is really just a '21 with some kind of B.S. smog crap done to it and losing only 10hp is probably a blessing compared to looking at past smog-related power reductions.

*shrug*
Sponsored