Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Granger received my vehicle yesterday, damaged from the shipper. From the pictures Ashleigh sent me, it looks like paint damage to the left front fender. I'm waiting to here back as to how they are handling this.

Does anyone know if a dealer does body work on a new vehicle prior to delivery, does this repair show up on Carfax? If so, how is it noted on the report?
I was also notified about some paint chips this afternoon, awaiting more info. Iā€™m not stressing it, itā€™s totally out of my/Grangers control. I trust them to make it right, and paint chips are just stories right šŸ˜Š
Sponsored

wile e coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A6 TDI Soon to be 2022 Mach 1

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I've heard stories of shipping damage on some Corvette channels I follow as well.
Does no one care anymore?
šŸ˜ž

SuperSnake2Go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
07 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, 06 Dodge Charger srt8
So, my eruption green Mach 1 has been in the rail yard since Saturday and I just got word today that is was damaged in shipping. Got two pics and it looks pretty bad. Looks like whole front fender would need to be replaced and door has a pretty big dent. Unbelievable, after all the waiting, it finally gets here and itā€™s damaged. Looks like Iā€™m out a Mach 1 altogether. Incredibly disappointed.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
So, my eruption green Mach 1 has been in the rail yard since Saturday and I just got word today that is was damaged in shipping. Got two pics and it looks pretty bad. Looks like whole front fender would need to be replaced and door has a pretty big dent. Unbelievable, after all the waiting, it finally gets here and itā€™s damaged. Looks like Iā€™m out a Mach 1 altogether. Incredibly disappointed.
Sorry to hear that. The fender would be easy to replace and fit a new one, door depends how bad

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
im reading lots of this stuff / damage happening. not just Ford. this is all on the 3rd party shipping / rail carriers. sucks.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Order track is down šŸ˜‘

FJG_pending

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I went to my dealer today to check on details (Ford had sent me email that car was built 9/12). Dealer guy checked computer and it agreedā€¦ Itā€™s still ā€œin factoryā€ (I didnā€™t mention to him that it could have been stolen yesterday). Shipping: 9/28-10/04, destination Bay Area. He told me their deliveries by rail go (northern path) to Portland Oregon and then by truck to down to the Bay Area. šŸ¤ž
[update] just received email from Ford saying ā€œyour vehicle has shippedā€ā€¦ kinda seems like they were waiting to see if RR strike would be resolved before sending shipping notifications - and bonus - apparently my vehicle wasnā€™t stolen.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I've heard stories of shipping damage on some Corvette channels I follow as well.
Does no one care anymore?
šŸ˜ž
No. They donā€™t. Not at all.

Sponsored

SuperSnake2Go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
So, dealer has a fighter jet gray Mach 1 on the lot. They offered that at msrp instead since my order is damaged. But it is another 6k more than my eruption green.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
So, dealer has a fighter jet gray Mach 1 on the lot. They offered that at msrp instead since my order is damaged. But it is another 6k more than my eruption green.
If they did a good enough discount on your damaged Mach 1 I would take it and get it repaired myself as the fender and door are both replaceable

FJG_pending

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
So sounds like the FJG has Handling Pack and your EG didnā€™t? Biggest diff there affecting driving is the huge Cup 2 tires - they donā€™t have treads (theyā€™re for Track use)

SuperSnake2Go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Both have the handling package. The price difference comes from the FJG having leather, 700A package, and Mach 1 premium package. The EG was the standard Mach 1 with cloth interior.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If the dealer is or has an authorized Ford body shop the repair will be perfect.
Sponsored