2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium
Makes sense, if that's the case, new HP orders must be closed, I know LMR said that the PP1 was no longer available a couple weeks ago. They'll still be taking Mustang orders until mid-September.
And if that's the case, then glad I ordered when I did. Although the base Mach 1 is quite a good looking car, I wouldn't have ordered mine if the HP was not available. In my opinion, the HP just makes the Mach 1 look so much more special and unique. Not to mention, it stands out from the rest.
Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I went through Chapman. My car arrived at the dealer on the 8th of June. At the time Chapman very busy with deliveries. First appointment they had available for delivery was on the 22nd. I was out of town that day and could not take delivery until the 25th. I asked for no dealer stickers to be applied. They agreed, but during PDI the dealer sticker got slapped on the back. It peeled right off with no problem as soon as I pulled into my driveway. I should have specifically asked for the window sticker, I did not and it was not with the car when delivered. The last couple of cars I've purchased the dealer included the sticker with the all of the paperwork. Once the the sales team got the car in the queue for delivery, the communication was good in getting an appointment set up. The finance manager told me he was working 6 days a week 12 hour days with all the deliveries they were making.

When I took delivery of the car, it was super easy. Chapman assigns a regular salesman to help with delivery. The car was gassed up and ready to go by the time I got to the dealership. The salesman basically handed me the owners manual and keys and asked if I had any questions about the car. When I said no, he shook my hand thanked me for my business and sent me on my way.

If I were in the market for another Ford product and I needed another car, I'd buy through them again.
How long did it take you to take delivery? I've never bought a new car from a dealership and I was making plans with a friend in the area — so not sure how long it will take lol.

Now if only Chapman could be responsive in getting me wiring info then I could stop sweating bullets about being able to make the payment by Friday... Sent them multiple emails now and no response other than someone promising me they'd get the info to me yesterday (and never sending it). I don't really want to have to fly with a certified check but it's looking like I might have to at this rate.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
... if only Chapman could be responsive in getting me wiring info then I could stop sweating bullets about being able to make the payment by Friday...
Maybe I have trust issue but isn't that a little too risky to wire the money into a dealer's bank account without having the car keys and the papers signed?
If you have the cash sitting on a US bank account, shouldn't you ask your bank to issue a Bank Certified Cheque and then you travel to the dealer with it? Just asking for a friend ... I don't buy cars that often with cash :wink:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Maybe I have trust issue but isn't that a little too risky to wire the money into a dealer's bank account without having the car keys and the papers signed?
If you have the cash sitting on a US bank account, shouldn't you ask your bank to issue a Bank Certified Cheque and then you travel to the dealer with it? Just asking for a friend ... I don't buy cars that often with cash :wink:
I wired my dealer cash from my account in NC to KY, as long as the dealer gives you all the information and a copy of the bank information you are fine. Your bank will verify it and confirm the transfer.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I had the same thought — basically they won't let you have the car until you pay in full and then sign for it.

But I have enough emails to show a transaction so I should have plenty of recourse here. It's looking like I'm going to have to have a certified check issued anyway though because Chapman isn't answering my calls or emails. Getting real irritated with them right now. I realize they are working long hours and are overloaded but I'm just asking for a simple 5-min email here! It shouldn't take over 2 days to get a response.

Sponsored

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I wired my dealer cash from my account in NC to KY, as long as the dealer gives you all the information and a copy of the bank information you are fine.
I am not concerned at all about the bank transfer being successful, I have concerns about the transferred money becoming "owned" by the dealer before I own anything in return. Yes, a paper trail can help you in court, but not for a chapter 11 or other horrible scenarios. Plus I don't like to pay for lawyers if I don't have to.

Sad but plausible scenario: What if the Mach 1 is damaged and the dealer state that they can "fix" it as part of the deal, but you decide you want to buy/order another Mach 1 instead. You can't get the money back easily.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I had the same thought — basically they won't let you have the car until you pay in full and then sign for it.

But I have enough emails to show a transaction so I should have plenty of recourse here. It's looking like I'm going to have to have a certified check issued anyway though because Chapman isn't answering my calls or emails. Getting real irritated with them right now. I realize they are working long hours and are overloaded but I'm just asking for a simple 5-min email here! It shouldn't take over 2 days to get a response.
You should not have any trouble flying with a certified check made payable to Chapman. Chapman sent me an email with price, fees, tax, tags etc.

Once I got in their queue for delivery I had no trouble with communication. They will reach out to you to get an appointment set up.

Delivery of my car took about 45minutes. Longest part was waiting on the finance manager to finish up the customer in front of me.

Over my adult life, I've purchased 13 vehicles from dealerships, (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Nissan, Ford, Mazda) I would have to say the purchase at Chapman was one of the easiest.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
You should not have any trouble flying with a certified check made payable to Chapman. Chapman sent me an email with price, fees, tax, tags etc.

Once I got in their queue for delivery I had no trouble with communication. They will reach out to you to get an appointment set up.

Delivery of my car took about 45minutes. Longest part was waiting on the finance manager to finish up the customer in front of me.

Over my adult life, I've purchased 13 vehicles from dealerships, (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Nissan, Ford, Mazda) I would have to say the purchase at Chapman was one of the easiest.
Thanks for the info. I actually already have an appointment set up and have the final amount from them — but the link they sent me to upload a scan of my license didn't work and they didn't include a recipient address on the wire info.

If they don't answer me then I'm just going to show up with a cashier's check and not worry about it, I guess.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I am not concerned at all about the bank transfer being successful, I have concerns about the transferred money becoming "owned" by the dealer before I own anything in return. Yes, a paper trail can help you in court, but not for a chapter 11 or other horrible scenarios. Plus I don't like to pay for lawyers if I don't have to.

Sad but plausible scenario: What if the Mach 1 is damaged and the dealer state that they can "fix" it as part of the deal, but you decide you want to buy/order another Mach 1 instead. You can't get the money back easily.
In my case to wire the money, the VIN is attached to the transfer, so you would own the car. If you have a good dealer like I did, they will put your car on a lift , have a facetime video, and do anything you ask, being you are buying from out of state. I had numerous calls, videos, and pictures before any money was transferred.

The one benefit from COVID, is the dealers and banks have a good track record on helping customers buy from home. Again, all of my statements are from my personal experience with an awesome dealer. Good luck in your decision.

JG M1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1965 Unique Cobra Replicar

Just tell them you are on your way to pick-up the car and you will send them a check when you get home!!:)

Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Just tell them you are on your way to pick-up the car and you will send them a check when you get home!!:)
Hah I wish that would work! They told me payment in full or no delivery.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I’m sorry if this has been answered several times already but there’s just so much I can remember, 😳🤣. Do we only get a build month and year or do we actually a day that’s determined when it was built. Thanks
I think the blend date is the actual build day.

J War…..

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST 2021 F150 2020 fusion hybrid
FF07A2C6-D0BB-4E96-8B80-2E16014A4914.png
So does this mean mine is being built now because I did get a update on the build date and it’s still saying 9/12/22

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
So does this mean mine is being built now because I did get a update on the build date and it’s still saying 9/12/22
If you can see your window sticker, check the blend date at the top.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Yes. Things are starting for production, it is invoiced, and the window sticker should be avail. The blend date on the sticker is the date the chassis and body are blended together on the assembly line. This timeline will update with IN PRODUCTION date on the blend date. The Build should be completed in 24-48 hours. Also, on the blend date the modules in the body come alive! Attached my timeline below. My notification of In Production was 7/19 and sticker became available on 7/20. Blend was 7/26, and Built was 7/28, and released for shipping on 8/1 (7/30 and 7/31 were weekend).
A33A13FB-20C4-49AB-BC98-8A3B38EF39E6.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: