Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I have found a couple waiting to be delivered, none are HP but at this point any Mach is better than an HP on paper. So many decisions.
...there is a GB Mach 1 @ the Ford dealer in Rockingham, NC.
I think the dealer is Champion...........................fyi

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
...there is a GB Mach 1 @ the Ford dealer in Rockingham, NC.
I think the dealer is Champion...........................fyi
Thanks, I will take a look.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Why do they make non HP cars? It is like the 2016 GT350's that came without the track pack...just dumb. And yet, 98% of what you see for sale are non HP cars...go figure. A non HP car is a performance pack 1 with Magnaride, is it not? Such a head scratcher to me...
Because if youā€™re serious about tracking you will quickly replace the springs, sway bar, wheels (non-rotatable and heavy), and the ford adjustable strut mounts with real caster camber plates. Base Mach 1 still has the Tremec, different springs and bars than PP1, and all the coolers including transmission and diff that the PP1 lacks. Iā€™m in the process of converting my non-HP right now, but upgrading a few things along the way.

On the flip side the base Mach 1 is more practical for those that want a daily driver as well.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Because if youā€™re serious about tracking you will quickly replace the springs, sway bar, wheels (non-rotatable and heavy), and the ford adjustable strut mounts with real caster camber plates. Base Mach 1 still has the Tremec, different springs and bars than PP1, and all the coolers including transmission and diff that the PP1 lacks. Iā€™m in the process of converting my non-HP right now, but upgrading a few things along the way.

On the flip side the base Mach 1 is more practical for those that want a daily driver as well.
Iā€™ll bet most are happy with the existing capabilities of the base Mach 1 for the occasional track day, and use on the street where theyā€™ll spend the majority of their time.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
All exported Mach 1s are non-HP.
Thatā€™s because Ford does not give us a choice, suppose we should be happy being able to choose a colour šŸ˜‚

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Must admit the Grabber Blue does look stunning, but decided to order The Mischievous Purple šŸ˜€

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Iā€™ll bet most are happy with the existing capabilities of the base Mach 1 for the occasional track day, and use on the street where theyā€™ll spend the majority of their time.
Agreed. That's why I said serious. For someone that is beyond 9/10th's it would be cheaper for them to pocket the $3,500 now $4,500 in option costs for better upgrades.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Why do they make non HP cars? It is like the 2016 GT350's that came without the track pack...just dumb. And yet, 98% of what you see for sale are non HP cars...go figure. A non HP car is a performance pack 1 with Magnaride, is it not? Such a head scratcher to me...

Well, not really. At least all the Mach 1s came with the diffy and tranny coolersšŸ™‚

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s because Ford does not give us a choice, suppose we should be happy being able to choose a colour šŸ˜‚
What would you do with Cup2s on always wet British roads anyway? šŸ˜ Always scratching speed bumps or curbs in parking lots šŸ˜ Big wing adding significant downforce only above twice the legal limit šŸ¤£

I think this is rather psychological than functional issue. Consider carbon-ceramic brakes or carbon stuff that costs arm and a leg and some people are just forced to add it to max out the build on BMW or Porsche while they'll never use the added functions. The marketing branch knows these things well and clearly it solds well from this very reason in the US. But here it would be more costly to homologate and hardly anyone would take benefit from it so it really is just common sense... At least it's easy to retrofit.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
yeah calling the M1 base isn't really correct. i dont think Ford uses that term either. All M1s are loaded GTs and beyond. semantics i guess.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Mischievous purple is def darker than I would like, but I suspect you need to see it in under the sun from various angles to do it justice.
Sponsored