2022 GT500 order thread

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Steven, did your order ever materialize? Haven't seen you post in a while.
Hey,

Yeah for some reason I don't get email notifications from this thread so I don't think to check it as often.

My car was "built" on 9/25 and has made it's way to Salt Lake City as of Last Friday, looks like it was pulled from the ramp today, so now just waiting for it's 4 hour drive to the dealer!

It's soon approaching!
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Hey,
My car was "built" on 9/25 and has made it's way to Salt Lake City as of Last Friday, looks like it was pulled from the ramp today, so now just waiting for it's 4 hour drive to the dealer!

It's soon approaching!
Please share the goods when it's in your presence. It's been cool seeing all the regulars who post here on this thread get their 2022. Some guys are already hitting the drag strip, and modifying their cars. It's also interesting to see the different preferences and what not. What's your spec coming in? Regrets?

I'm pretty happy with my choice. It was kind of a gamble on color. I knew it was cool looking but also a bit sleepy and feminine. It's definitely not a "fast" color. Think "race red with white stripes".... and mine is very bland in comparison. Possibly the most bland configuration. People calling were it Housewife Blue. I understand the criticism. Regardless, it's a GT500 so šŸ˜

Only has 50 miles or so and it's been on jack stands for 10 days. It's almost 100% PPF and the hubs are off awaiting extended studs (delayed of course) so I can get some CF wheels slapped on.

Also added on a little pin stripe accent for fun. Will probably take those off because it's a bit "boy racer". I like how the car is so mellow in appearance. Also excited to see what a base HE car looks like with the CF wheels. The HE CFTP/White stripes cars with the wing, lower suspension, recaos, just look very different to me. Base w CF wheels seems like the perfect fit for my tastes and purposes... and wickers because they're cool looking.

Please chime in if you're feeling the pin stripes or if they're too Mickey Mouse. I'm mixed on it... Sleepy Housewife Blue or Sleepy Housewife with red stripes. šŸ˜“
20221016_233549.jpg
20221016_232145.jpg
20221016_233544.jpg

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Please share the goods when it's in your presence. It's been cool seeing all the regulars who post here on this thread get their 2022. Some guys are already hitting the drag strip, and modifying their cars. It's also interesting to see the different preferences and what not. What's your spec coming in? Regrets?

I'm pretty happy with my choice. It was kind of a gamble on color. I knew it was cool looking but also a bit sleepy and feminine. It's definitely not a "fast" color. Think "race red with white stripes".... and mine is very bland in comparison. Possibly the most bland configuration. People calling were it Housewife Blue. I understand the criticism. Regardless, it's a GT500 so šŸ˜

Only has 50 miles or so and it's been on jack stands for 10 days. It's almost 100% PPF and the hubs are off awaiting extended studs (delayed of course) so I can get some CF wheels slapped on.

Also added on a little pin stripe accent for fun. Will probably take those off because it's a bit "boy racer". I like how the car is so mellow in appearance. Also excited to see what a base HE car looks like with the CF wheels. The HE CFTP/White stripes cars with the wing, lower suspension, recaos, just look very different to me. Base w CF wheels seems like the perfect fit for my tastes and purposes... and wickers because they're cool looking.

Please chime in if you're feeling the pin stripes or if they're too Mickey Mouse. I'm mixed on it... Sleepy Housewife Blue or Sleepy Housewife with red stripes. šŸ˜“
20221016_233549.jpg
20221016_232145.jpg
20221016_233544.jpg
1666325754443.gif

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP

20221016_233549.jpg
20221016_232145.jpg
20221016_233544.jpg
Better with the red stripes. Don't kid yourself. You have a very classic and good looking combination going on there.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
6BE8CCDC-6E35-451A-9C26-A9D361764BDF.jpeg
1C9C98A9-7D6E-4790-AFFF-9DBF815A3935.jpeg

Yep they do look every different and I love it!
Hey, your car looks awesome. I think all GT500s do. I just can't fit in Recaros, and feel awkward stepping out of an even lower car than the base AND I know the large wing is going to get in my way. I'll also never hit a road coarse with it.

In no way did I intend to knock your amazing car. I just prefer a more subdued and conservative appearance. If a GT500 can even be considered subdued and conservative. Respect.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Hey, your car looks awesome. I think all GT500s do. I just can't fit in Recaros, and feel awkward stepping out of an even lower car than the base AND I know the large wing is going to get in my way. I'll also never hit a road coarse with it.

In no way did I intend to knock your amazing car. I just prefer a more subdued and conservative appearance. If a GT500 can even be considered subdued and conservative. Respect.
I was joking around. Trust me, I took no offense. šŸ˜‚. Btw, with the black stripes, the pinstripes looks good.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

20221016_233549.jpg
20221016_232145.jpg
20221016_233544.jpg
The red pinstripe with the black stripes looks awesome! As long as youā€™re happy with them, thatā€™s all that matters anyway

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
I like the red pinstripes, it does not jump out as much as it would with the white stripes, but still cool. are you planning on doing the shelby and gt500 inlays on the front? That might go nicely

I am a race red guy but picked an HE, its on the train now, in Peru Indiana. (this may or may not be my 3rd rail check of the day....)

I am not sure what I like about the 90s minivan blue, but it just works. Its the contradiction of a pretty color on a brutal car. I am thinking of putting Pretty Predator on my licence plate frame.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Video I made on the paint protection process on the car.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Video I made on the paint protection process on the car.

Thatā€™s really cool! Iā€™ve never seen wheels PPFā€™d before. Looks like they did a fantastic job. Beautiful car!
Sponsored