ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Not s

Did the dealer leave any of those "love marks" you mentioned? I haven't seen you post much about your car? Any updates? Been enjoying it?
Sorry for the long post. I haven't found anything in the paint outside of it needing to be claybarred. They did a good job with it. When I got to the dealership, everyone said that the salesman pulled the car into the service bay and was out there waxing the car himself on Friday, the day before I arrived. That's after he was in the ER and out sick from Monday - Thursday. This was the only thing I found. I never saw it when I was there and I can only see it in certain lights, but there's always something on the bottom of my door panels.

20220728_190825.jpg

Yes sir, I have been having a good time with it as much as I can. I got my first trophy ever at a car show. It kind of stinks that I took it from someone else considering the car is brand new and only had 250 miles on it, but this trophy is dedicated to the people at Ford Performance and in the Ford Design Studio for making the car possible.

IMG_46321.jpg

I have some very minor mods that I put on the car. I had the Bemaro Wimbledon White GT500 lettering on the front. I looked up and found some magnets that I think should work to make the rain tray easy to take off and put on. Those will be here later next week I believe and then I can do that. I had these center cap covers that I designed in photoshop and then had made. They're OK,, but I think I may try and find someone who will CNC or laser cut this design into an actual metal center cap. I was talking with some of the old-school Shelby guys, and I found the first gen repop of the 1960's Bower license plate frame you would have been able to get from Shelby American and put that on the car. There is a GT500 plate frame that I also have that was produced in the early 70's, but if you had a new 67 GT500 and got a license plate from Shelby American, this was it. I may switch to the GT500 eventually, but I like this one being period correct. I'm really trying to tie in the heritage aspect as best I can, similar to what Ford did with the Guardsman Blue coloring on the GT350 Heritage Edition cars.

20220809_124433.jpg

I also contacted Shelby American about their Signature Edition package to turn the car into a bonafide CSM# having Shelby. For most guys, I don't think that may be all that important. Ever since I was a kid though, I wanted a 1965 GT350 or a 1967 GT350/GT500. So for me to potentially have a real Shelby American car like my Uncle Steve had is a dream come true. In between all of that, I have only put on 600 miles, but every time I want to take the car to work and look at the forecast, it calls for rain that never seems to come. There's a big weekly car show up at Bear Mountain (in the general vicinity of West Point if you are familiar with NY) that draws a few hundred cars going on tomorrow, so maybe I will take the car to work. The forecast says that it is going to rain tomorrow evening and night. It's only 20 minutes away from where I work, but it's an hour away from my house. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet.

20220809_191025.jpg

20220809_181258.jpg

All of that being said, this car is amazing! The closest thing I have to compare it to was my Laguna Seca which made about as much power as the 2013 GT500 while N/A. Even then, FI vs. N/A power is very different so I don't have a direct comparison. The power with the GT500 is anywhere and everywhere you want it. With the Boss, the dyno sheet showed the car making power all the way up to the hard limiter at 8250 without falling off, but when you really wanted to go, you would really have to downshift into 2nd or 3rd and it would just pull like a freight train from there up to redline. With this car, the torque curve seems flat, and the power just seems to climb up until the redline, kind of a close feeling to the Boss. The big difference between the two power-wise is that the GT500 just pours on the speed to the point where you can easily go from 20 to jail in a few seconds, even without flooring it. The Boss had lightweight internals and drivetrain so it would rev up to 8250 from 2000 RPM in the blink of an eye and it was time to shift to the next gear. It's really incredible how violent both cars are when you floor it, but the difference in what happens in the blink of an eye makes them vastly different.

The suspension in normal mode is fairly nice for a high-performance Mustang. In track mode it is so precise and rock solid that it doesn't get upset all that much. Before I put the Cortex Watts link on the Boss, you could get the rear end to dance on you mid-corner. With the GT500, it just stays planted. There might be some minor wheel hop depending on the road surface and how soon and hard you get on it mid-corner, but it is extremely compliant. It is extremely confidence inspiring, thanks to the suspension and transmission. It has been about 5 years since I've done autocross or have been on a track, so my "skills" are very rusty, and i have only driven it on the street. That being said, this car is very much point-and-shoot. We have a mini tail of the dragon style road close to me and on hairpin and decreasing radius turns I can take faster without the tires screaming for traction and the brakes just flat out work. The first time I hit them seriously, I was very impressed. Although, coming from the Boss with the 4 piston Brembos and the Pagid RS29 brakes, the factory GT500 brakes impress me a lot for what it's worth. Dust is dust; not much you will do about that except get some Sonax and keep cleaning your wheels.

As others have said who have owned a GT350, the first few days of me driving it, you felt like you needed to go shift the car even though I haven't driven a stick in 5 years. It really feels like a manual transmission from what I can remember. This is my last Boss to GT500 comparison. With the Boss in stock form and especially modded, it was just begging to be set loose and wanted you to push you and the car to your limits to get an extremely rewarding experience when you drove it and it loved you for getting after it. If you weren't pushing it, it was kind of lackadaisical except for those glorious side pipes. With the GT500, when you think you are pushing it, it kind of feels like it is telling you, (if it was a person) "Ok, is that all you are going to push it? You know there's a lot more performance to be had, push harder next time and I'll take care of you." The Boss wanted you to really push the envelope and wring it out. The GT500 is happy if you are beating the shit out of it or if you are just putt-putting down the road. All and all, it is an amazing car and if you don't have an allocation, don't hold out hope that maybe your dealer will get one. Go find one of these cars and enjoy whatever is left of summer. You're going to have an absolute blast!

Ford Tracker Images
Are those the chassis numbers of those cars?

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Shelbyvin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
Fords
On the 2 pics I posted those numbers are the last 4 numbers of the vin.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Sorry for the long post. I haven't found anything in the paint outside of it needing to be claybarred. They did a good job with it. When I got to the dealership, everyone said that the salesman pulled the car into the service bay and was out there waxing the car himself on Friday, the day before I arrived. That's after he was in the ER and out sick from Monday - Thursday. This was the only thing I found. I never saw it when I was there and I can only see it in certain lights, but there's always something on the bottom of my door panels.

20220728_190825.jpg

Yes sir, I have been having a good time with it as much as I can. I got my first trophy ever at a car show. It kind of stinks that I took it from someone else considering the car is brand new and only had 250 miles on it, but this trophy is dedicated to the people at Ford Performance and in the Ford Design Studio for making the car possible.

IMG_46321.jpg

I have some very minor mods that I put on the car. I had the Bemaro Wimbledon White GT500 lettering on the front. I looked up and found some magnets that I think should work to make the rain tray easy to take off and put on. Those will be here later next week I believe and then I can do that. I had these center cap covers that I designed in photoshop and then had made. They're OK,, but I think I may try and find someone who will CNC or laser cut this design into an actual metal center cap. I was talking with some of the old-school Shelby guys, and I found the first gen repop of the 1960's Bower license plate frame you would have been able to get from Shelby American and put that on the car. There is a GT500 plate frame that I also have that was produced in the early 70's, but if you had a new 67 GT500 and got a license plate from Shelby American, this was it. I may switch to the GT500 eventually, but I like this one being period correct. I'm really trying to tie in the heritage aspect as best I can, similar to what Ford did with the Guardsman Blue coloring on the GT350 Heritage Edition cars.

20220809_124433.jpg

I also contacted Shelby American about their Signature Edition package to turn the car into a bonafide CSM# having Shelby. For most guys, I don't think that may be all that important. Ever since I was a kid though, I wanted a 1965 GT350 or a 1967 GT350/GT500. So for me to potentially have a real Shelby American car like my Uncle Steve had is a dream come true. In between all of that, I have only put on 600 miles, but every time I want to take the car to work and look at the forecast, it calls for rain that never seems to come. There's a big weekly car show up at Bear Mountain (in the general vicinity of West Point if you are familiar with NY) that draws a few hundred cars going on tomorrow, so maybe I will take the car to work. The forecast says that it is going to rain tomorrow evening and night. It's only 20 minutes away from where I work, but it's an hour away from my house. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet.

20220809_191025.jpg

20220809_181258.jpg

All of that being said, this car is amazing! The closest thing I have to compare it to was my Laguna Seca which made about as much power as the 2013 GT500 while N/A. Even then, FI vs. N/A power is very different so I don't have a direct comparison. The power with the GT500 is anywhere and everywhere you want it. With the Boss, the dyno sheet showed the car making power all the way up to the hard limiter at 8250 without falling off, but when you really wanted to go, you would really have to downshift into 2nd or 3rd and it would just pull like a freight train from there up to redline. With this car, the torque curve seems flat, and the power just seems to climb up until the redline, kind of a close feeling to the Boss. The big difference between the two power-wise is that the GT500 just pours on the speed to the point where you can easily go from 20 to jail in a few seconds, even without flooring it. The Boss had lightweight internals and drivetrain so it would rev up to 8250 from 2000 RPM in the blink of an eye and it was time to shift to the next gear. It's really incredible how violent both cars are when you floor it, but the difference in what happens in the blink of an eye makes them vastly different.

The suspension in normal mode is fairly nice for a high-performance Mustang. In track mode it is so precise and rock solid that it doesn't get upset all that much. Before I put the Cortex Watts link on the Boss, you could get the rear end to dance on you mid-corner. With the GT500, it just stays planted. There might be some minor wheel hop depending on the road surface and how soon and hard you get on it mid-corner, but it is extremely compliant. It is extremely confidence inspiring, thanks to the suspension and transmission. It has been about 5 years since I've done autocross or have been on a track, so my "skills" are very rusty, and i have only driven it on the street. That being said, this car is very much point-and-shoot. We have a mini tail of the dragon style road close to me and on hairpin and decreasing radius turns I can take faster without the tires screaming for traction and the brakes just flat out work. The first time I hit them seriously, I was very impressed. Although, coming from the Boss with the 4 piston Brembos and the Pagid RS29 brakes, the factory GT500 brakes impress me a lot for what it's worth. Dust is dust; not much you will do about that except get some Sonax and keep cleaning your wheels.

As others have said who have owned a GT350, the first few days of me driving it, you felt like you needed to go shift the car even though I haven't driven a stick in 5 years. It really feels like a manual transmission from what I can remember. This is my last Boss to GT500 comparison. With the Boss in stock form and especially modded, it was just begging to be set loose and wanted you to push you and the car to your limits to get an extremely rewarding experience when you drove it and it loved you for getting after it. If you weren't pushing it, it was kind of lackadaisical except for those glorious side pipes. With the GT500, when you think you are pushing it, it kind of feels like it is telling you, (if it was a person) "Ok, is that all you are going to push it? You know there's a lot more performance to be had, push harder next time and I'll take care of you." The Boss wanted you to really push the envelope and wring it out. The GT500 is happy if you are beating the shit out of it or if you are just putt-putting down the road. All and all, it is an amazing car and if you don't have an allocation, don't hold out hope that maybe your dealer will get one. Go find one of these cars and enjoy whatever is left of summer. You're going to have an absolute blast!

Are those the chassis numbers of those cars?
I too had those marks on my door panel. I just got some interior plastic spray and called it a day.

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
So when do you exactly get your chassis number for your car?
On the line basically.
it appears there are Shelby cars coming down the line and a line of dashboards and they pull the next appropriate dash and it has the chassis number already installed as far as I could see. So chassis number likely unknown until the car finally hits the line.
I like my N1150 number just sounds like the amount of power I plan to make with it :)
-J

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Great post @ford20
My father owns a ‘67 GT500 and I’ll be incorporating the OG center caps to compliment my green paint tgat has a ton of gold flake.
Funny I drove a ‘13 Boss Laguna Seca last summer and while I hear your impressions and agree with most this blown 500 with huge rubber is on a fully different level.
I loved the Boss for what it was but it’s SLOW in comparison in all environments.
This ‘22 can easily take another 150hp and be even better.
Great idea again on the heritage mods.
My Eruption Green car will be getting a caliper color swap, bronze/black custom wheels and these gold accents.
-J
B7E583FD-15F6-4777-8509-3CA86B6A87BB.jpeg
5724B2D4-55FD-42CB-B6A9-B6F92A494E3D.jpeg
C67AC123-E397-4F6B-AB2C-6D7395E74FAF.jpeg
E105F472-C6F1-4F36-98E8-EC54503E3359.jpeg

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Chassis 2075 is on the line being built currently. So they are at over the 2000 unit park.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Sponsored

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
Chassis 2075 is on the line being built currently. So they are at over the 2000 unit park.
Idea on the corresponding VIN to that chasis number by chance?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Idea on the corresponding VIN to that chassis number by chance?
There is no connection between the VIN and the chassis number. The chassis number is determined by the build date and the cars position on the assembly line.

Look over this post.
2021 GT500 Registry

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
There is no connection between the VIN and the chassis number. The chassis number is determined by the build date and the cars position on the assembly line.

Look over this post.
2021 GT500 Registry
I think we're just trying to figure out if the Chassis 2075 number given by @Donkey is a members car on the line right now. Need the last 4 of the VIN.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Question, after the car is delivered, is there a way in the Ford system to print out the status during the whole process? Vehicle report? Chevrolet can do it but curious on the Ford. Mine has an ETA of 8/15 to the dealer.
Ask your dealer for a copy of the Full History Vehicle Visibility Report on the day you car is delivered to the dealer. This report will will not be available after the dealer reports that the car has been sold. You snooze, you lose.

CHPB4C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Redeye(sold), Roadrunner, B4C's, Audi
Snoopy49, look like this?
Resized_20220809_153843.jpeg
Sponsored