Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
You’ve GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!
My car has been sitting in a rail yard awaiting a rail car assignment since 6/16!!!!
Sorry brotha
That’s what someone posted on FB
Sponsored

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
Sorry brotha
That’s what someone posted on FB
I just read about it. Looks like it’s a possibility. I’m f’d. Could be reason things have been moving slow via rail lately. Who knows. Nothing I can do about it.

1657843820729.gif

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
We have been in a similar boat as you. Found a dealership that would order at MSRP back in April. They said they get 2-3 a year, we were 2 on the list. We at least submitted the order but didn’t know when the allocations would come through. He mentioned last year they got them in the 4th quarter. I started calling around last week since nothing was coming up and eventually found a dealership with 1 allocation left. We had to pay 5K over, but that was the best deal I had come across for something that would actually happen. I have called so many dealerships the last couple months.
Shoot, I'm happy you got a 5k deal. Especially if that was a CFTP. My current 500 was a 5k ADM but that was before the car market went absolutely bananas in general. The timing could not have been worse from a buyer perspective, or more perfect from a selling perspective.

Vmxer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 base w/tech pkg, 2019 F150. 2020 Edge
Almost there ! Sales rep texted me last Sat and said the Shelby had landed at rail yard in Omaha, about 40 miles from the dealer, and was awaiting truck transport. About 4:15 this afternoon received a text from the finance manager (sales rep was off today). That a transport, complete with Shelby had just pulled up. Woo hoo, can't wait to see in person. She sent a quick picture before they pulled it in for the night. I still can't believe it..
IMG_5927.jpeg

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Almost there ! Sales rep texted me last Sat and said the Shelby had landed at rail yard in Omaha, about 40 miles from the dealer, and was awaiting truck transport. About 4:15 this afternoon received a text from the finance manager (sales rep was off today). That a transport, complete with Shelby had just pulled up. Woo hoo, can't wait to see in person. She sent a quick picture before they pulled it in for the night. I still can't believe it..
IMG_5927.jpeg
Figures she would send you a pic in the shade.

What a tease...

Sponsored

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
IMG_5927.jpeg
Looks awesome! That’s the same spec we got ordered last week. I can’t tell if yours has Recaros, we went with the base this time.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Here we go boys! Here's to hoping for a birthday build week!

Screenshot 2022-07-15 1.27.47 PM.png

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Here we go boys! Here's to hoping for a birthday build week!

Screenshot 2022-07-15 1.27.47 PM.png
You beat me to it!!
Dealer just called, order is “Previewing” which means I’ll get a Vin and date next week.

wooooooo! Starting to feel real, guess I can keep filling the garage with parts!!

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
You beat me to it!!
Dealer just called, order is “Previewing” which means I’ll get a Vin and date next week.

wooooooo! Starting to feel real, guess I can keep filling the garage with parts!!
There we go! Hopefully, I was able to get my order changed to PC 01. Time to call the dealer

Sponsored

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
You beat me to it!!

Can FP see that as well? If it’s previewing?

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Can FP she that as well? If it’s previewing?
Can they see it? Yes. It's shown on the VVR they access for updates.

Will they tell you? / Are they competent enough to know that? Doubtful. Unless your dealer is a pain to deal with I'd suggest asking them, the zone rep normally informs the dealer when the car begins "previewing" so they know to lock in any changes before VIN/Build week are issued.

Vmxer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 base w/tech pkg, 2019 F150. 2020 Edge
Looks awesome! That’s the same spec we got ordered last week. I can’t tell if yours has Recaros, we went with the base this time.
Base car with Tech package and vinyl stripes. Doubtful this car will ever be tracked so skipped the handling package and decided I'd rather have my bum air conditioned so went with base seats. Pick it up at 1:00 pm tomorrow, tonight is like being a kid again on Christmas Eve..

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Well...I got the call yesterday morning around 10AM that my Shelby arrived at the dealer. Setup an appointment to go pick it up around 4. I was pumped and ready!

When they brought it out, it was not detailed, I immediately started doing my QC inspection and noticed the front driver wheel was curbed. I also noted the front bumper where your license plate is supposed to go was scratched up.

Moved into the interior, the door panel, sills and plastic on the seats were scratched up too. At this point, I was already thinking twice about this car.

We took it for a spin to the gas station, insane power, lots of compliments even in the 10 minutes we were in it, but it was a little hard to drive and impractical. My wife and I were having some trouble getting in and out. As I was helping her out of the back seat, I noticed there was a hole in the leather of the back of the Recaro seat!?! At this point, I was like man what the hell is going on!!

We went back to the dealer, I pointed out all the things I found, they assured me they would be "fixed". I know what that means though....probably have to bring it back to the dealer, have some tech joyride the car, and probably mess up something else in the process. The dealer didn't offer anything but just to "fix" things. No discount, no mention of a full guaranteed replacement of the parts.

In the end, for me to get this car, it had to be perfect and special, and the delivery process really was terrible. It seemed like I was taking delivery of a EcoBoost, not a Shelby. Ford QC is concerning to say the least.

Needless to say I walked away from the deal. Obviously, they were happy I did. I had them at $7,500 over sticker in the Bay Area, where they can easily sell it for $25K+. I ended up getting my $500 deposit back, I left very disappointed but maybe it wasn't for me in the end. I have bought over 30 cars in my 35 yrs of life and this was really not it. I at least got to rip it a few times, and boy was it fun.

If anyone can overlook these things I found, the car is at Fremont Ford. :like:

I hope everyone has a better experience than I did and enjoys their GT500 to the fullest. Good Luck!
IMG_1867.jpg
Sponsored