Sponsored

2022 GT500 order thread

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Yep, this used to happen a whole bunch with bigger dealerships. Not sure it happens as often now. I live one state away (2 hours) from where I bought my '17 350R at msrp. They will no longer sell limited production vehicles to people out of state and their no ADM policy is no more. Sad state of affairs.
I am 1.5 or so hours away from my no MSRP dealership. Luckily in the same state and not a bad drive.
Sponsored

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Ford Performance gave an ETA of July 16-20 today which is more than what the GM was able to provide. The automated Union Pacific system last update was delivered July 8th with destination at Industry of July 11, then it went to the 14th, now the rail car is back in Salem.
I guess it's in the rail yard somewhere that I cannot see it or it's on a truck being driven around SE Texas. LOL.
Or it never got off the rail car and is in fact back in Salem. I doubt that but I would not be surprised.
Your GM/Rep should be able to send you the latest update on the VVR, was it unloaded from Rail? Was it picked up via Convoy? etc.

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Well, CFTP (RR w/black POTS) is ordered, signed deal. ADM of 12k, so an ok deal considering the market. Estimated 6 mo. before it arrives. We shall see how it goes. Still a possibility this other CFTP HE shows up, but I'm guessing it's not happening at this point.

I think a huge part of the frustration on these cars is the lack of clarity from Ford Corporate. It's about customer expectations vs. reality. Corporate marketing implies one thing, and then reality is FAR different with all these little "gotchas" or conditions that should be clarified as they affect the ordering process, but for some reason are not (this onus starts to transition from Ford and fall on the dealers). Then add supply chain problems, and ulterior motives from less scrupulous dealers on top of all of that. Chevy seems to be much better than Ford in this department.

All that being said my local dealer was nice and clear, and open about everything and the salesman is very knowledgeable about the cars so I appreciate that a lot.

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your GM/Rep should be able to send you the latest update on the VVR, was it unloaded from Rail? Was it picked up via Convoy? etc.
Yes, yes they should is all I am going to say.

Sponsored

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
They bought another dealership's allocation with the intent of selling it for a nice markup.
^^^ This, is precisely why I'm flying across the country to pickup mine. The dealer hooking me up asked if I wanted it drop shipped local, and the last thing I wanted to do was tell a Central Texas dealer that a rural dealer was selling me one with where near their crazy ADMs.

I was worried my local dealer was going to become a bidder against me, which is terrible, but a valid concern.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got super lucky, HE was a sub allocation, same as CFTP and POTS.
I did place the order on 11/26/2021 and the only way I was able to land it is the dealership had to make it a dealer order not a customer order. The down side of that is no price protection so my MSRP deal is really a $3,000 ish price hike by Ford since I originally placed the order which the dealership really placed it as a dealer stock order so I could get it if they makes sense.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
I did place the order on 11/26/2021 and the only way I was able to land it is the dealership had to make it a dealer order not a customer order. The down side of that is no price protection so my MSRP deal is really a $3,000 ish price hike by Ford since I originally placed the order which the dealership really placed it as a dealer stock order so I could get it if they makes sense.
I'm in the same boat, (well not the luck of a HE CFTP 😂) but same order situation, my dealer gets one and told me it's mine and I could change it however I wanted (as required by their allocation) but because they had already placed it as a stock order that's how they wanted it to stay. (Specifically because of the new Customer Verification Rules that will go into place, so I understand it, but slightly bummed it's not "my" order and I don't get emailed updates.)

So I'll also end up paying the "Sliding MSRP" which went up and up since I pulled the Handling Package three weeks ago, it reset our price again. :sadface:.

But given the state of dealers ordering cars they won't ever get, and the number of people who still don't have an allocation I've resigned myself of my "No ADM/Price Conscious" ways in the hopes at the end of this I get to walk away with a car.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat, (well not the luck of a HE CFTP 😂) but same order situation, my dealer gets one and told me it's mine and I could change it however I wanted (as required by their allocation) but because they had already placed it as a stock order that's how they wanted it to stay. (Specifically because of the new Customer Verification Rules that will go into place, so I understand it, but slightly bummed it's not "my" order and I don't get emailed updates.)

So I'll also end up paying the "Sliding MSRP" which went up and up since I pulled the Handling Package three weeks ago, it reset our price again. :sadface:.

But given the state of dealers ordering cars they won't ever get, and the number of people who still don't have an allocation I've resigned myself of my "No ADM/Price Conscious" ways in the hopes at the end of this I get to walk away with a car.
It is a complete mess amplified by the whole supply chain/covid production issues. You have to pick your poison and make the best decision for what you want and carry on.

I would not say I got lucky. I put a lot of time and effort into getting the car and stayed on top of the GM to get the deal done. This is the 3rd Shelby I bought from this GM, the first one he was a salesman. I think building that relationship was a huge help.

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
Heard the railroad unions are looking to strike??!!!

Sponsored

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
"expected to name a board of arbitrators to intervene in a freight railroad contract dispute before Monday's deadline, and that will prevent 115,000 workers from going on strike for at least 60 days"

So "if" I get scheduled for September.... when would my car make it to a Railcar...

giphy.gif

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Well, I just checked with FP and the car is still in UMH so I'm guessing that my priority code hasn't changed. As per the norm with my salesman, he said he would call me back on Tuesday or yesterday to let me know what the regional rep said and never did. Today is his day off so I won't know anything until tomorrow. I know that they are saying the regional rep is giving them an allocation, but until I get a scheduling week, I don't quite believe them considering they also told me I was their first order. I'm just waiting for them to tell me that I can't get a HE or that whoops, I guess your car actually isn't going to get built.

When I spoke to Josh at FP last week he said that they expect a big scheduling push towards the end of July, so I don't know if we will see any scheduling next week. It would be kind of nice if I was able to get a production week of 9/7 or 9/19 since that is my birthday week and my mom's birthday week. The only good thing to come from both of my parents passing away within 9 months of each other is maybe I will be able to get this car.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
if my car gets scheduled and a vin, does ford automatically send me an email with the tracker?

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue

rxsamg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
'97 Cobra Conv,'22 GT500 N1107 Atlas Blue
You’ve GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!
My car has been sitting in a rail yard awaiting a rail car assignment since 6/16!!!!
Sponsored