2022 GT500 order thread

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Having an assigned VIN and build date, I am thinking the car gets built? Maybe better than 50/50 chance??
I am also hoping everyone here waiting on a VIN and build date gets one built!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a clue as to how many VINs were assigned last year that did not get built?
Rumor has it that Ford will try to continue building 2022 GT500's until all retail orders are fulfilled. This all depends on future shortages and shutdowns.
Sponsored

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Rumor has it that Ford will try to continue building 2022 GT500's until all retail orders are fulfilled. This all depends on future shortages and shutdowns.
A subtle difference but, all retail orders? Or all allocations? My assumption is that Ford is not just handing out allocations for every retail order and that the algorithm picks where the allocations go, and those cars eventually get built regardless of an associated retail order. Though, I'm under the impression that retail orders do get some sort of higher scheduling priority in general, outside of special dealer/buyer/Ford relationships.

I could also just be totally wrong.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
A subtle difference but, all retail orders? Or all allocations? My assumption is that Ford is not just handing out allocations for every retail order and that the algorithm picks where the allocations go, and those cars eventually get built regardless of an associated retail order. Though, I'm under the impression that retail orders do get some sort of higher scheduling priority in general, outside of special dealer/buyer/Ford relationships.

I could also just be totally wrong.
All allocated Retail (Customer) orders. Retail orders have priority over Stock (Dealer) orders, so if you have a car that was ordered by the dealer (priority code 20-80) and does not have a VIN, you should try to have it changed to a retail order in your name. All the orders, Retail and Stock that have VINs should be built.

Last edited:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
I have a retail order from Dec, nothing but crickets 🦗 🦗 starting to wonder, call my dealer all he says is your at the top of the list

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I have a retail order from Dec, nothing but crickets 🦗 🦗 starting to wonder, call my dealer all he says is your at the top of the list
A retail order and a retail order that is allocated are two different things. I have been in both boats.

Sponsored

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
A retail order and a retail order that is allocated are two different things. I have been in both boats.
Thats what I've been worried about.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I was in the same boat until just a few weeks ago. Original order was 11/26/21. Then on 04/21/22 the VIN came through. So maybe work back from that date however far your order date is from 11/26/21? Maybe that will give you a ballpark of when you might see a VIN?

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Could be my dealer doesn’t have a allocation same dealer I bought my 2020 GT500 from I’ll check with him. I hate being the high maintenance, obsessed customer that we all have seen in these forums. I’ll trust the process and wait.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
All allocated Retail (Customer) orders. Retail orders have priority over Stock (Dealer) orders, so if you have a car that was ordered by the dealer (priority code 20-80) and does not have a VIN, you should try to have it changed to a retail order in your name. All the orders, Retail and Stock that have VINs should be built.
Is there an easy way to explain this to my dealer without sounding like a you know what?

Right now I have a "Stock" order with a Priority code of 1 (no VIN) and when I email FP they say it's "unscheduled" and when I asked the dealer about changing a "Stock" order to a "Retail" order they said they'd never heard of such a thing and would ask Ford about it.

Any tips from folks in this thread?

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Earl, is there a way to see if my dealer's allocation is my order and they didn't fib to me about being their first order?

Sponsored

Gt500_4life

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (Sold)
Is there an easy way to explain this to my dealer without sounding like a you know what?

Right now I have a "Stock" order with a Priority code of 1 (no VIN) and when I email FP they say it's "unscheduled" and when I asked the dealer about changing a "Stock" order to a "Retail" order they said they'd never heard of such a thing and would ask Ford about it.

Unscheduled Clean? If so I’m in same exact boat.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
So initially when FP replied they said: "Your GT500 order is unscheduled at this time."

When I asked for clarification based on the statuses in https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2017/08/vehicle-tracking-system.html

They sent back: "On my tracker I am showing that your GT500 is listed as Unscheduled -Hold. Once the factory receives your order, then a build date and VIN will be assigned."

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)

A dealer can't give an order a Priority 1 code, only a Ford Rep can, this usually indicates that the order is now Unscheduled Clean. This means that the order has been reviewed and deemed buildable.

Both of you should call your dealers on Thursday and check for a VIN. You can also contact FP and they will be able to tell you if it has a scheduled build date and the VIN, but they won't be able to tell you the VIN, only your dealer can give you the VIN.

Here is the contact info for FP. They will be able to help you find out your cars current status.

(800) 367-3788 (Option 1)

Make sure you title the e-mail as GT500 Status Check and include the last 8 of your VIN in the body of the message. Example: (N5500001) or if you don't have a VIN, you will need the Order Number and Dealer/Sales Code, these will be on the Vehicle Order Confirmation, which you should have received when you placed your order or the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, which you should have received the day after your order was placed.

Ford Performance Info Center Inbox [email protected]

If you would prefer to chat, Contact - Ford Performance Parts . Click on Chat.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
A dealer can't give an order a Priority 1 code, only a Ford Rep can, this usually indicates that the order is now Unscheduled Clean. This means that the order has been reviewed and deemed buildable.

Both of you should call your dealers on Thursday and check for a VIN. You can also contact FP and they will be able to tell you if it has a scheduled build date and the VIN, but they won't be able to tell you the VIN, only your dealer can give you the VIN.

Here is the contact info for FP. They will be able to help you find out your cars current status.

Make sure you title the e-mail as GT500 Status Check and include the last 8 of your VIN in the body of the message. Example: (N5500001) or if you don't have a VIN, you will need the Order Number and Dealer/Sales Code, these will be on the Vehicle Order Confirmation, which you should have received when you placed your order or the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, which you should have received the day after your order was placed.

The instructions you provided are how I provided the above quotes from FP via email.

Here's my latest "Preview", Stock 01, No VIN, Unscheduled-Hold per FP above.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 10.24.58 PM.png

Gt500_4life

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (Sold)

Thanks snoop…mines clean just waiting to get scheduled. It’s been almost 2 weeks. Dealer is fantastic just at mercy of plant schedule.
Sponsored