Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
My journey

Fist trip to my local dealer to place order Feb 11th. At that time it all seemed to be mysterious… Is this real or….

53 years old and buying this car as a bucket list item. Always been a practical car buyer. The timing and the product is right so I dove in.

from Feb 11 to yesterday no news, no order or other conformation numbers. Again I think is this real.

Over this same period of time I scour the inter webs for info, tips and sources of public info. Find this forum site and joined.

Here is the wind up, yesterday Apr 22nd, dealer calls with good New’s (mostly) he now sees order number in system and code that said sent to production or something to that effect. Play phone tag for hours till I got into my car and went to dealer in person. There it is. The GM shows me the actual order on his computer. We change the color from black to code Orange with black vinyl over the top. I should get a VIN Monday says the GM.
My journey seems to be on track? Still have some skepticism but getting some form of update was a relief though.

Morale of this story = Be patient.

Build:
Code Orange
Tech package
Handling package
Black vinyl OTT
That's a cool journey to be on. Black was a great color choice but the switch to CO w stripes seems pretty awesome too. It's gonna stand out. The "Vin on Monday" sounds overly optimistic but I'm 🤞for you. People are starting to pop up with build date confirmations. Keep us posted.
Sponsored

U-Drag Beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Shelby GT500 2014 FORD F150 FX2
Did they have an allocation to begin with? That’s what I’m curious about most. I have an order (unscheduled) but not so sure an allocation will be had. Just curious about the details to you order.
They had 3 allocations and I was number 2 of the 3. there is another dealer in my area who also said they had 3 allocations but they are adding 25k over msrp 🤮. The dealership I went with is adding 10k over msrp. Didn’t like that either but realize I have no leverage so it’s the best of a crappy situation I guess. I am in the northern Virginia area of off route 95.

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Speaking of paint, I was talking with a fellow enthusiast who told me on the GT350 HPE cars, they were painted by hand not robot. This was due to the low volume of cars and the cost of switching the robot’s paint for such a low volume did not make sense financially.
He said the 2022 HE cars maybe handled the same way.
I found this an interesting tidbit of information. He said the only real difference is the hand painted cars seem to have a bit more clear coat compared to the robot cars. He said the hand painted look better overall in his opinion.

This is what the car looks like when it comes out of the Body Shop. From this point it enters the Trim Line and depending on the time of day, the car will roll off the assembly line the same day or the next work day.

Entering the Trim Line

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0733-2.JPG

End of the Trim Line

88444860_3077973112222053_6653953288481800192_o.jpg

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
They had 3 allocations and I was number 2 of the 3. there is another dealer in my area who also said they had 3 allocations but the are adding 25k over msrp 🤮. The dealership I went with is adding 10k over msrp. Didn’t like that either but realize I have no leverage so it’s the best of a crappy situation I guess. I am in the northern Virginia area of off route 95.
Thanks for the insight and congrats! Just trying to figure out this “ordering” process. Mines unscheduled but suspect because an allocation has not been given.

U-Drag Beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Shelby GT500 2014 FORD F150 FX2
That's a cool journey to be on. Black was a great color choice but the switch to CO w stripes seems pretty awesome too. It's gonna stand out. The "Vin on Monday" sounds overly optimistic but I'm 🤞for you. People are starting to pop up with build date confirmations. Keep us posted.
If anyone is interested I know of a dealer in Michigan who has placed a few stock orders and supposedly have one coming into their dealership within the next few weeks. I paid a refundable 500 fee to be on a list to either buy it or pass on it. I had no say on the build specs but signed up anyway on Monday as a back up plan. I found the dealership by using a Automotion “mustang” iPad app. It can show you on a map every Ford dealership in the US. I literally started clicking on dealerships across the country generally in major markets until I found these folks. They _had_ a grabber blue with blue painted OTT strips which they just sold a few days before my finding them. When talking to a guy there he told me about there next stock order in the works. It will also be grabber blue with the painted OTTs.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Thanks for the insight and congrats! Just trying to figure out this “ordering” process. Mines unscheduled but suspect because an allocation has not been given.
The whole process is being handled differently by Ford corp this year. For example, my small town dealership did not rate for any CFTP cars in previous years. They sold 1 to 2 Shelby’s per year in years past. So far this year they have only one order approved for a build and it’s my CFTP HE.
The GM said the regional rep told him they are guaranteed one car so far for this year and it did it did not matter if it was a base car or CFTP.
I have also been told by another source that Ford Corp is not happy with all of the ADMs being charged and in an attempt to curb this, they are being very picky with allocations and even limiting allocations to dealerships they charge crazy ADMs.
My dealership is an MSRP dealership. Heck a buddy of mine just ordered a Bronco R for MSRP. The GM told me when the Raptor R comes out, MSRP will be their price.

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
The whole process is being handled differently by Ford corp this year. For example, my small town dealership did not rate for any CFTP cars in previous years. They sold 1 to 2 Shelby’s per year in years past. So far this year they have only one order approved for a build and it’s my CFTP HE.
The GM said the regional rep told him they are guaranteed one car so far for this year and it did it did not matter if it was a base car or CFTP.
I have also been told by another source that Ford Corp is not happy with all of the ADMs being charged and in an attempt to curb this, they are being very picky with allocations and even limiting allocations to dealerships they charge crazy ADMs.
My dealership is an MSRP dealership. Heck a buddy of mine just ordered a Bronco R for MSRP. The GM told me when the Raptor R comes out, MSRP will be their price.
Fingers crossed then. My dealer is not adding ADM for a CFTP car but they didn’t have an allocation.

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
The dealership in Indiana I found is the same way not charging msrp at least on special orders. I called just about every dealership in Illinois. One for sure sells at msrp but they didn’t have anymore allocations. Pickens are definitely super slim, you got to put the work in to find a good deal!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Speaking of paint, I was talking with a fellow enthusiast who told me on the GT350 HPE cars, they were painted by hand not robot. This was due to the low volume of cars and the cost of switching the robot’s paint for such a low volume did not make sense financially.
I found this an interesting tidbit of information. He said the only real difference is the hand painted cars seem to have a bit more clear coat compared to the robot cars. He said the hand painted look better overall in his opinion.
I would be very surprised if this was the case. Assuming they are setup like every other ford plant.. which based on pictures of their lines, they are.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ford 3-Wet Paint Process

Ford Expands Environmentally Friendly 3-Wet Paint Capacity by 50 Percent Globally in 2013

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Not true at all. The final production numbers aren't out yet but it seems that the HEP cars were actually the most produced color in 2020 for the GT350....R and non R model.

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
If anyone is interested I know of a dealer in Michigan who has placed a few stock orders and supposedly have one coming into their dealership within the next few weeks. I paid a refundable 500 fee to be on a list to either buy it or pass on it. I had no say on the build specs but signed up anyway on Monday as a back up plan. I found the dealership by using a Automotion “mustang” iPad app. It can show you on a map every Ford dealership in the US. I literally started clicking on dealerships across the country generally in major markets until I found these folks. They _had_ a grabber blue with blue painted OTT strips which they just sold a few days before my finding them. When talking to a guy there he told me about there next stock order in the works. It will also be grabber blue with the painted OTTs.
Im in michigan and interested. Well at least hearing more info

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Not true at all. The final production numbers aren't out yet but it seems that the HEP cars were actually the most produced color in 2020 for the GT350....R and non R model.
I'd bet they won't be the least produced 500 for 2020 either. I think this thread in itself is proof
I placed mine in November and crickets
I'm wondering how many are allocated (was your allocated? I may have missed it if you already answered). I had a deal with a dealer who assumed he would get allocations, he took my order but wouldn't take a deposit. So I never trusted I would actually get a car. I think some dealers take orders and just hope since they have an order, that the rep will eventually allocate the car.

This exact thing happened to me in 2017. I traded my 2016 350 in on an R allocation that the dealer though they could get. It was a risk that ended up working out, I got one of the last 2017 R's built and it was a very late allocation (Allocated July 3rd).
Sponsored