KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This hurts my head.

OP, no one is going to "give" you their stock tune. On the chance that one day they will need it again.

Take it to the dealership and let them handle it.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Have had it checked, not with evidence though lol, I guess that is a good idea given most of these ford dealers reputations. Although if I do re-check it I’ll probably just jack it up and struggle to do it myself, I just always see conflicting info on the dipsticks and where the level should actually be when I was looking into low fluid a while ago.

If you want to do it yourself, do it cold. If there is fluid on the stick, it's probably good. If there is no fluid on the stick, take it to the Dealer and ask why they didn't prep the car properly.

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt, 2011 Lexus is250
This hurts my head.

OP, no one is going to "give" you their stock tune. On the chance that one day they will need it again.

I’ve been given 4 so far. So long as they don’t set them to self destruct after sending them, there should be no issue with them needing them in the future?

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Shh, let him. At this point he's hell bent on throwing some random tune on there hoping that for some reason Ford tuned 1 car out of 300,000 slightly differently in the transmission parameters all while potentially throwing away his entire powertrain warranty for having a non-OEM flash.
He's just looking at this point, maybe he will find something that nobody else has noticed. We can't definitively say that this is a waste of time unless the root cause of the shift delay is known.

Its a good thing to look into, I'm sure a lot of people would like to see this shift delay gone, any effort put into this is time well spent.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This hurts my head.

That's not how it works, its just a copy of a file.

He would need to transplant all the values into his copy of his tune and upload it to his car.

Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I’ve spent some time trying to speed up the paddle response but never had any luck. Not helpful I know….
you probably know more about this than me but im just assuming because its a TC trans its about as fast as its gonna get. You wont get lightning fast shifts outside of getting a gt500 with the DCT...or finding a way to swap one into a GT which would be incredible.

But for the rest...dealer wont do shit. All they will do is wipe the adaptives and relearn which you can do yourself. It may fix it...it may go back to what it was doing the next day.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Was just curious if any of you have pulled your stock tunes, and if so, could I get one sent my way? Preferably one off a 2022 premium WITH performance pack.

I only ask because since new, when using the paddles, if you downshift 3-2 at anything above 30kmh(15mph?) the car lunges really hard. The only drive mode the 3-2 downshift with paddles won’t lunge is in drag mode, shifts smooth as butter at any speed BUT the delay with the paddles ONLY in drag mode is disgustingly delayed. Like a solid 2-3second delay compared to the other sport modes. So the fact that it shifts fine with paddles above 30kmh in drag but none of the other sport modes leads me to believe it’s just a tune issue so I’m hoping if I can get my hands on a different stock tune it will remedy my 3-2 lunge.
If you haven't already, get the latest PCM/TCM software update from Ford and let them do a relearn on it.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
But for the rest...dealer wont do shit. All they will do is wipe the adaptives and relearn which you can do yourself. It may fix it...it may go back to what it was doing the next day.
False. Dealers can update to whatever the latest revision of software is, which does also reset the adaptive. Thats a feature, not a flaw.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
False. Dealers can update to whatever the latest revision of software is, which does also reset the adaptive. Thats a feature, not a flaw.
if your dealer is cool enough. ive legit had mine tell me over the phone theres no update. Like...how the fuck do you even know whats in mine?

As far as the "feature not flaw" thing, that's debatable. There's a handful of guys on the F150 forum that had all these same issues and they had someone fully disable their adaptive learning and all their problems went away. There was a time we didn't have that feature in transmissions, and those ran great as well. I will say, ford just cant seem to tune these trans worth a shit because all the reputable aftermarket tuners seem to be able to tune away all these issues.

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
you probably know more about this than me but im just assuming because its a TC trans its about as fast as its gonna get. You wont get lightning fast shifts outside of getting a gt500 with the DCT...or finding a way to swap one into a GT which would be incredible.
Tbh, I think it really depends on the car. My shifts with the paddles are fairly quick with no real noticeable lag, put it in drag mode and the delay is atrocious. But I’ve been in 2018+’s that shift as quick with the paddles in drag as mine do in any other mode. So if your car is as delayed in all modes as mine is in this one specific mode, then there is probably room for improvement. Some people also just expect the paddles to shift lightening quick the way a DCT will. But the fact that mine lags only in drag, others in every mode other than drag, and many other variants, it’s hard to believe there isn’t SOME way to balance it all out

Sponsored
OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
if your dealer is cool enough. ive legit had mine tell me over the phone theres no update. Like...how the fuck do you even know whats in mine?

As far as the "feature not flaw" thing, that's debatable. There's a handful of guys on the F150 forum that had all these same issues and they had someone fully disable their adaptive learning and all their problems went away. There was a time we didn't have that feature in transmissions, and those ran great as well. I will say, ford just cant seem to tune these trans worth a shit because all the reputable aftermarket tuners seem to be able to tune away all these issues.
Unless it’s coming down from ford I’ve found they will write almost anything off as “normal characteristics” and not even bother. Plus after a few interactions with the dealer closest to my place, I wouldn’t even take it to them for the simplest of things. Last time I was there a guy was bringing his 5.0 back in because they mounted 275’s on one SIDE of the car and 255’s on the other??????? Not a 275/255 up front and back, literally one size on one side of the car and one size on the other side, and had his rims all switched up to boot. Better off taking it to my local high school and getting them to work on it 🤣

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
ya its shitty i cant just take it anywhere for warranty work. I hate trying to work with the dealers. I hate dealers as much as most people, and there are people that say they should just exist to be service shops and stay out of the selling business, but they cant even do that right.

I had my F150 at the dealer twice for the cam phaser issue...still rattles like a bitch on start up. Dealer says that's just how they sound. Fine then, but when i try trading the bitch in don't try and tell me there's something wrong with it.

But just like you said, "normal characteristics". They tell people "oh that's just how these transmissions shift. They are meant to be driven with a heavy foot". No they are not lol. Something is wrong and you are just too lazy or too incompetent to fix it. There's no mechanics at dealerships anymore. If there isn't a check engine light, they have no fucking clue what to do.

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
There's no mechanics at dealerships anymore. If there isn't a check engine light, they have no fucking clue what to do.
This right here. I think a lot of issues people have could be fixed relatively easy if someone knowledgeable were to actually take the time to look at it. Most shops are filled with 20-25 year olds with little to no experience behind them and like you said, without a check engine light they’re lost and would probably make things worse if they did attempt something. I’ve accepted the fact that ford won’t do much about anything that isn’t catastrophic. I’m in the same boat as you though, when it comes time to trade it in they better not say shit cause I have everything documented and all their work orders with “normal characteristics” written in the bottom of every one. I’m genuinely curious if fords made any “improvements” to the 10R80’s in the new s650’s. I know I seen a video of a new GT rolling by and all you could hear was the trans whine that the s550’s have so I’m not really hopeful but you’d think they would at least try considering they HAVE to be aware of all the current issues people are having.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Well I think the trans whine is just due to them having straight cut gears and not helical.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
tsb-22-2428-10r60-10r80-10r80-mht-automatic-transmission-v0-4slk46fwsb3b1.jpg

For what its worth... there's a TSB about this kind of thing
Sponsored