2022 GT stock tune.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The thing mine is doing along with random hard shifts is this weird 1 to 2 lag when casually moving from a stop. Like it's starts accelerating then goes to shift to 2nd, says 2 on the dash, but it just hangs there for a couple seconds then goes again. If I get on the gas a little harder or use the paddles and let the rpms get a little higher in 1st it's fine. Also seems to happen more as the trans heats up. Never seems to go past 200-205. Had the fluid level checked recently after hearing of a lot of people being low. I was a quart low and they topped it off but no change.

Just unsure if it's hardware or more of Ford's shitty tuning.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I say take it to the dealer and have them reflash the software. I wouldn’t do it myself since it’s still under warranty

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt, 2011 Lexus is250
Well I think the trans whine is just due to them having straight cut gears and not helical.
Yea and cause the pump is offset too apparently, it’s just the fact that it was a common complaint and they seemed to have just left it alone. Doesn’t make me too hopeful lol

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt, 2011 Lexus is250
The thing mine is doing along with random hard shifts is this weird 1 to 2 lag when casually moving from a stop. Like it's starts accelerating then goes to shift to 2nd, says 2 on the dash, but it just hangs there for a couple seconds then goes again. If I get on the gas a little harder or use the paddles and let the rpms get a little higher in 1st it's fine. Also seems to happen more as the trans heats up. Never seems to go past 200-205. Had the fluid level checked recently after hearing of a lot of people being low. I was a quart low and they topped it off but no change.

Just unsure if it's hardware or more of Ford's shitty tuning.
Mine usually shifts 1-2 during the “learning” process but after a while it normally skips 2nd and goes 1-3 unless under heavy throttle. Got random hard/weird shifts as well, I’m leaning towards tuning but realistically it’s probably a combination of both. Over engineered pos lmao.
Sponsored