2022 GT stock tune.

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt, 2011 Lexus is250
Was just curious if any of you have pulled your stock tunes, and if so, could I get one sent my way? Preferably one off a 2022 premium WITH performance pack.

I only ask because since new, when using the paddles, if you downshift 3-2 at anything above 30kmh(15mph?) the car lunges really hard. The only drive mode the 3-2 downshift with paddles won’t lunge is in drag mode, shifts smooth as butter at any speed BUT the delay with the paddles ONLY in drag mode is disgustingly delayed. Like a solid 2-3second delay compared to the other sport modes. So the fact that it shifts fine with paddles above 30kmh in drag but none of the other sport modes leads me to believe it’s just a tune issue so I’m hoping if I can get my hands on a different stock tune it will remedy my 3-2 lunge.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I’ve spent some time trying to speed up the paddle response but never had any luck. Not helpful I know….

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The lunge and paddle shift delay is nothing you can "tune" for, it's just the way it is. It's not like Ford clicked on the "slow and rough" checkbox in the tune that you can just go in and update to fast and smooth by unchecking it.

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
The lunge and paddle shift delay is nothing you can "tune" for, it's just the way it is. It's not like Ford clicked on the "slow and rough" checkbox in the tune that you can just go in and update to fast and smooth by unchecking it.
Well the fact that it’s fine in drag but lunges in the others leads me to believe it’s not mechanical, and I’ve been in other 2018+ without a 3-2 lunge so?? No harm in throwing on someone else’s stock tune to see. But thanks, I guess.

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
I’ve spent some time trying to speed up the paddle response but never had any luck. Not helpful I know….
I find they respond fairly quick compared to other cars I’ve driven, I only notice a really big delay only when it’s in drag mode. If it was that delayed in all other drive modes I would probably wouldn’t even use them tbh

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well the fact that it’s fine in drag but lunges in the others leads me to believe it’s not mechanical, and I’ve been in other 2018+ without a 3-2 lunge so?? No harm in throwing on someone else’s stock tune to see. But thanks, I guess.
I think its a worthwhile effort

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
2-3 shift harsh and 3-2 harsh is what made me want the Trans fluid checked.

Have you made them check it, with photographic evidence? Do that and get back to us.

If that isn't it, keep looking.

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
Yea won’t really hurt anything and could potentially be a 20 min fix
me too, won’t harm anything and could potentially be a 20 min fix if it works. Don’t happen to have the tune off your 2019 do you? I know HP has a repository but that’s always sketched me out for some reason so figured I’d poke around here before going through them.

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2-3 shift harsh and 3-2 harsh is what made me want the Trans fluid checked.

Have you made them check it, with photographic evidence? Do that and get back to us.

If that isn't it, keep looking.
Have had it checked, not with evidence though lol, I guess that is a good idea given most of these ford dealers reputations. Although if I do re-check it I’ll probably just jack it up and struggle to do it myself, I just always see conflicting info on the dipsticks and where the level should actually be when I was looking into low fluid a while ago.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea won’t really hurt anything and could potentially be a 20 min fix

me too, won’t harm anything and could potentially be a 20 min fix if it works. Don’t happen to have the tune off your 2019 do you? I know HP has a repository but that’s always sketched me out for some reason so figured I’d poke around here before going through them.
Sure, I'll send you a message

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Be careful trying to transplant operating systems. I’m not sure it’s even possible with hpt.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Be careful trying to transplant operating systems. I’m not sure it’s even possible with hpt.
Shh, let him. At this point he's hell bent on throwing some random tune on there hoping that for some reason Ford tuned 1 car out of 300,000 slightly differently in the transmission parameters all while potentially throwing away his entire powertrain warranty for having a non-OEM flash.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Shh, let him. At this point he's hell bent on throwing some random tune on there hoping that for some reason Ford tuned 1 car out of 300,000 slightly differently in the transmission parameters all while potentially throwing away his entire powertrain warranty for having a non-OEM flash.
It's under warranty right.so bring it to dealer yo reflash

OP
OP

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
Warranty?

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Well he says he has 22 since new.assume he still has warranty
Sponsored