2022 GT Limp mode & Pre Collision

James_5659

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1
So today I went to take my car (~3000KM) to the gas station and fill up, got about a kilometer from my house when the car entered limp mode and I got two warnings, Forward Collision Warning, and Powertrain malfunction/reduced power. I limped the car back home and upon looking it over noticed the pre collision sensor in the center of the windshield had some bug spatter on it, I cleaned the spatter off and then started the car again and the warnings were all gone! (Two previous restarts did not make warnings go away) Took the car back out to go and get gas and made the full trip with no apparent issues. Plugged the car into a scanner and no faults were found. Curious to see if anyone else has had this issue and if something so minuscule was truly the cause of the car going into limp mode or if it's a different issue.
Screenshot_20220808-200639_FordPass.jpg
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Good lord.
I realize that the steady progression of technology has made cars safer, cleaner, faster...but this ridiculous.

The fact that cleaning the bug splatter caused the car to go into limp mode (and that's exactly what it sounds like) is absurd.

Please keep us posted!

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
I just had this happen to me... Not sure I can attribute it to bug splatter but for no apparent reason my '21 Mach 1 started to hesitate and then went into limp mode and I got the wrench symbol and the warnings. Got the same 2 messages so I pulled over and called Ford Roadside Assistance to arrange a tow. A friend who I called when this happened googled the messages and called me back about your post OP. Couldn't find an obstruction on the window but after 2 failed restarts it fired up on the 3rd with no warnings and my FordPass App showed no issues and that all was good to go. My friend came to where I was pulled over and followed me all the way home and it was if nothing had ever happened! I will call my dealership tomorrow give them the screenshot I took of my app and see what they have to say... It makes you question your faith in your ride when it can just arbitrarily crap out like that... 3450 km or about 2100 miles on the motor...

theboytree

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT 5litre manual
Someone directed me to this post after I posted the below on a mustang FB site.
POWERTRAIN MALFUNCTION, FORWARD COLLISION WARNING

This is 2nd post concerning same issues. I had a Rousch air intake, JTL catch can and throttle body spacer added as 3 simple mods on my new 2022 mustang. After the mods, approximately 3 weeks owning her, were fitted I had these issues arise with the yellow spanner showing on the dash and the car going into limp mode. 3 times it went to fords, took spacer out, reset codes, then did a factory reset. The issue still happened usually at 70-90 Kph when changing from 2nd to 3rd gear. The air intake was checked by installer and it happened again. The car drives with a flat spot after the issue arises and Fords now have it for the 4th time. Anyone else had this issue and know the fix? I was and have not track raced it. Pics are of my ford app, Thanks for reading posted on other site

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
I had this issue today. Car started working after it sat about half hour but now the check engine light is on and I have a message on my ford app that says" the engine control system has detected the electronic throttle body is not responding as commanded and needs service ".
Only 4000 miles . I also have a whipple supercharger on it. Luckily I bought a power train warranty from whipple.

Sponsored

theboytree

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT 5litre manual
Hi Luis,

I ended up taking the roush air intake out and putting the old unit back in. Thetechnician at fords said he could force the codes to come up with the roush intake but not when the original air box was back on. I’ve not had any issues since. Upset that such a simple mod can cause so many issues. Good luck with yours

jason

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Last week my 22 Mustang GT also out of the blue got the "Pre collision Assist Not Available" message, along with the check engine light & Power Train Malfunction message.

It drove terribly and went into limp mode. I took it to the dealership, the error codes were showing "cylinder misfires" and they "reprogrammed" the PCM with what they said was a "new calibration".

It has been fine since but your note about your Roush air intake now has me questioning if mine could have been caused by something similar.

About a month ago, I replaced the 22 airbox lid with a previous year (no huge carbon filter honeycomb plastic in the lid) and had daily driven it since for a few weeks with no issues but now I am questioning if it could have been related.

theboytree

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT 5litre manual
Hi,

I learned of another pony that had the cylinder misfire issue, which was fixed and was an actual cylinder issue. Twice more the code came up again with that car and they found that clearing the code after fixing the issue was not enough, they had to do a factory reset as the code was at a deeper level in the cpu. Just a heads up for you, I hope it’s fixed for good.
Jason
Sponsored