Sponsored

Limp mode…

user727

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Drove 230 miles to my son’s college for a tailgate. Spirited driving at times but nothing crazy. After the tailgate, driving back home. Sitting in a traffic jam, spanner wrench pops up and car goes into limp mode, 220 miles from home.

Find nearest Ford dealer, drive there, slowly. Service shop is closed. I did shut the car down for about 5 mins.
start up again and light is off and limp mode is gone.

Drive the rest of the way home without any lights or limp.

Do I need to take it in or am I good to ignore. 2020 PP1 with 21K on the clock.
Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I don't have any specific knowledge to contribute, but I don't think I'd ignore it.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Still under the 3 year/36 so I'd bring it in. and have it looked at, pull codes. might have just been hot sitting in traffic. but better to be safe than sorry.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Trip to the dealer, not unless it is repeatable, do keep an eye on it. Curious once seen did you go straight to the dealer, or was there a restart somewhere? Between the fault indicator and the dealer stop.

The car has a computer, computers make mistakes, it very well could have been a one-time deal.

If there is a problem it will come back.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd take it in and get documented that you have a problem. There's no way the car should get hot sitting still, so I don't think it was "limp mode" per se. Something is not right. Hopefully the dealer will be able to resolve your issue.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
as others have said, get it documented asap. a 2 year old car shouldn't go into limp mode sittin in traffic. get em to pull codes, maybe you got some bad gas and the pcm detected knock? if you only run 87 that's a possibility i guess.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Why don't you just pull the code before wasting your time at the dealership? See what the comp srored. Unless its something alarming, I wouldn't sweat it if it doesn't come back.

OP
OP

user727

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
No engine stops from the time the light until I got to the dealer. I shut it down once I got there.

how do I pull the codes myself?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
No engine stops from the time the light until I got to the dealer. I shut it down once I got there.

how do I pull the codes myself?
See a restart as with any computer solves the false error. As you found once that happened.

That is just the reality of the digital world. I post this with complete confidence that it is the truth FWIW
Sponsored