Sponsored

2022 ford mustang gt tick

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
It takes two bottles. Supposedly.
Even if it worked it’s not inconceivable that if your engine grenaded it could give Ford an excuse to deny coverage. They aren’t above such a thing and even the dealers know it. Yesterday when I took my 2020 GT in to a dealer shop for an oil change I asked if since the 2021 recco change from 5W20 to 5W30 they were just putting 5W30 in all of them. The manager looked surprised and just said absolutely not; they were using exactly what the car called for and nothing else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lazaro1294

Lazaro1294

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Even if it worked it’s not inconceivable that if your engine grenaded it could give Ford an excuse to deny coverage. They aren’t above such a thing and even the dealers know it. Yesterday when I took my 2020 GT in to a dealer shop for an oil change I asked if since the 2021 recco change from 5W20 to 5W30 they were just putting 5W30 in all of them. The manager looked surprised and just said absolutely not; they were using exactly what the car called for and nothing else.
Oh

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It takes two bottles. Supposedly.
Absolutely false. Many owners have used as little as a half a bottle for the tick to be significant reduced or totally quieted.

Lazaro, please do not listen to this BS. If you decide to go this route start with a small amount and then add as needed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This scenario has been mentioned a number of times over the years. To date I do not recall a single issue regarding a warranty refusal due to using Ceratec. Honestly a number of dealers are fully aware of the tick and the Ceratec “cure” Even my little dealer in Conway, SC knew about it.

Can it happen? Sure. But the Coyote is one tough engine so it is highly unlikely.

OP
OP
Lazaro1294

Lazaro1294

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Absolutely false. Many owners have used as little as a half a bottle for the tick to be significant reduced or totally quieted.

Lazaro, please do not listen to this BS. If you decide to go this route start with a small amount and then add as needed.
Yeah I was thinking about just adding maybe half a bottle too see if that quiet it down if not go with the full bottle

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah I was thinking about just adding maybe half a bottle too see if that quiet it down if not go with the full bottle
1. There would be no way for Ford to tell you added Ceratec.
2. Your noise is from the top end, so I doubt it would do anything.
3. Did you amplify/turn up the volume in your video?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I just use a whole bottle. Ceratec says 1 bottle for 5 liters. My 2018 F150 was so loud I used 2 bottles per oil change on it as Liquimoly recommended and it finally quietened down. It was running 5w20 though. If I changed to 5w30 it might have only needed 1 bottle. I ran that truck 100K miles though with no mechanical problems at all so I wouldn't overall be worried about the noise too much. Louder exhaust and Ceratec was my cure for it LOL. Mustang too.

OP
OP
Lazaro1294

Lazaro1294

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
1. There would be no way for Ford to tell you added Ceratec.
2. Your noise is from the top end, so I doubt it would do anything.
3. Did you amplify/turn up the volume in your video?
Nope I didn’t here’s another video that I recorded yesterday

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You could always trade for an earlier car. 2015-2017 has port injection only, so you don't have to listen to those high pressure fuel injectors rattle away.

I expect the older engines will last longer as well.

Or just accept it. In stock form it makes great power and I'm sure it will still last a long time. Having a combo of port and direct injection should help keep the intake clean through the years.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
It’s just sucks that you pay so much money for a car for it to sound like shit really I don’t know how ford can say that’s a normal sound lol
I don't think people understand how high performance of an engine the 5.0 is. A good full on race engine on gasoline is 1.5-1.6 ft/lbs per cubic inch. The Coyote production engine that has a warranty, meets all emission standards, mpg numbers makes 1.39 ft/lbs per cubic inch. Keep in mind these numbers are at SAE specs with exhaust and accessories. So a Coyote on an engine dyno set up as a race engine would be much higher.

The BMEP is 14.5 which is very high for N/A engine, well over 100% efficient.

Mechanical things make noise, you have a race level engine in a street car. If you want quiet, BEV's are available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lazaro1294

Lazaro1294

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lazaro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I don't think people understand how high performance of an engine the 5.0 is. A good full on race engine on gasoline is 1.5-1.6 ft/lbs per cubic inch. The Coyote production engine that has a warranty, meets all emission standards, mpg numbers makes 1.39 ft/lbs per cubic inch. Keep in mind these numbers are at SAE specs with exhaust and accessories. So a Coyote on an engine dyno set up as a race engine would be much higher.

The BMEP is 14.5 which is very high for N/A engine, well over 100% efficient.

Mechanical things make noise, you have a race level engine in a street car. If you want quiet, BEV's are available.
100% agree with you

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Interestingly, I used to LOVE the sound of old solid lifter cars happily clacking away. I guess it said to the world, hey I’m bad-ass. Good lord the sound of a Duntov 30-30 idling over a set of solids was a study in automotive aural bliss!

RR is correct about the complexity and the aluminum block. Now if it gets to sounding like a little end bearing crying for help that’s a whole nuther story…
For sure, Duntov 30-30

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
All of the recent high-performance cars I have owned had engines that were noisy as hell. Porsche is probably the worst. I miss the sound of a 60s big block.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
That first video is your high pressure fuel pump. Both of my 5.0's have done it and they do/did it randomly.
Sponsored