Sponsored

2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Debuts June 8!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
So it's supposed to be a compact pickup i.e. smaller than the ranger? Why? If they keep making these vehicles smaller they won't be able to call them cars anymore, they will have to classify them as motorized shoes.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Nope, not for me. I sat in a ranger when they first came out and it was too small. Knowing that I won't even waste my time with the maverick

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So Ford is morphing yet another car/sedan name away from its origin.
Dubbed Maverick, it revives a name that was originally used for a sporty compact coupe/sedan
What was wrong with 'Ranchero'?

Norm

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Jeez... how many more pickup trucks do we need... and taking the Maverick name and putting it to a truck... what next...

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jeez... how many more pickup trucks do we need... and taking the Maverick name and putting it to a truck... what next...
Oh I don't know, maybe putting the mustang name on an ugly bloated electric SUV.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
All Fords plan stated a while ago.......stop making "cars" sans the Mustang CAR and start producing trucks and SUV's to replace them. I had read that they we're wanting to spin off the Mustang, Bronco and F-150 into sub brands. Not sure on the validity of that statement. I do know Ford Corp. is paying dealers to build stand alone Bronco showrooms at existing dealers.

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So it's supposed to be a compact pickup i.e. smaller than the ranger? Why? If they keep making these vehicles smaller they won't be able to call them cars anymore, they will have to classify them as motorized shoes.
If anything cars/trucks have been getting bigger and bigger for years, not smaller. Pretty much every car is significantly bigger now than it was 15-20 years ago.

My guess is a 2021 Ranger is pretty close in size to a 2000 F150 and MUCH bigger than a 2000 Ranger.

I think there are people who don't need or want a truck as big as an F150 or even Ranger. If the price is right, I would consider buying one if I were in the truck market. It just needs to be well below a Ranger in price.
Sponsored