2021 PP1 vs Mach1

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Trying to get outside opinions on what might be the better option to go with. Kind of like pros and cons of both. I feel like the only real reason to go with a Mach 1 is that it might hold its value better, and well it does look quite a bit better as well. The pp1 package is $6250 now which is insane and the biggest reason I would even consider a Mach1

MACH1BUILD.PNG

PP1BUILD.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Trying get outside opinions on what might be the better option to go with. Kind of like pros and cons of both. If feel like the only real reason to go with a Mach 1 is that it might holds it value better, and well it does look quite a bit better as well. The pp1 package is $6250 now which is insane and the biggest reason I would even consider a Mach1

MACH1BUILD.PNG

PP1BUILD.PNG
If money isn't a problem, get the Mach 1. That's still $7k delta not including any ADM, rebates, financial incentives etc. Personally, Mach 1 isn't worth the extra premium for what it offers.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Honestly, neither.

A base GT (saving $6k over the PP and $13k over the Mach1) with a bunch properly done aftermarket mods will run circles on those two and cost less.

Of course the long term value of car that won't be as good as say the Mach, but if you're going to be modding it and/or taking it to the track, you are better off doing your own proper modifications.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Depends on what you want to do with the car. Keeping it all stock, if you can swing the Mach 1 then that's what I would do.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
The price of a 2021 GT premium with the PP is only $340 more then a comparable 2020 GT Premium with a PP1. In addition, you will be able to buy the GT with a greater discount than the Mach 1, so the price difference delta is greater than just comparing the MSRP's. Just some food for thought.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The mach1 will hold a valuation advantage just like the Bullitt did - ZIP. What is it with Mustang fanboys that believe this crap? You're paying every penny of that ridiculous $6250 for the PP1 in the Mach. Look in the Mach1 section for "Mach1 is a rip-off" and "Mach1 is a bargain" threads and read up.

what are you getting for 20 grand more?
https://www.malloyfordalexandria.co...a0e0a6b26358b6dcfc86e43.htm?searchDepth=20:20

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think regular Mach1s are PP1s, just like the Bullitt, and the 'handling package' is more like a PP2, with coolers and crap, no? Or even the regular Mach1 has the extra coolers? I don't remember anymore. Ha ha.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think regular Mach1s are PP1s, just like the Bullitt, and the 'handling package' is more like a PP2, with coolers and crap, no? Or even the regular Mach1 has the extra coolers? I don't remember anymore. Ha ha.
PP2 didnt' come with coolers which was it's problem. All Mach have all the coolers and are updated PP2 for simplistic comparison purposes. HandlingPackage is just a wing and splitter and change in wheel/tire.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be a dick but there are pages and pages of multiple threads on this already.. Beaten to death!
Go to "Forums" then "Mach 1"
By the way, the Mach 1 is worth the money and everyone who has actually driven it so far is very impressed how much better it is than a PP1 or PP2.
I'll be paying $1000 under MSRP + any rebates so I can live with it for a special edition with all the performance additions and better looking front and rear.
Go look at other cars American, German, or Japanese in the same price range and it won't seem like such a rip.
And a Camaro doesn't count because nobody wants to drive that ugly unpractical car!

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Honestly, neither.

A base GT (saving $6k over the PP and $13k over the Mach1) with a bunch properly done aftermarket mods will run circles on those two and cost less.

Of course the long term value of car that won't be as good as say the Mach, but if you're going to be modding it and/or taking it to the track, you are better off doing your own proper modifications.
I'm not looking to get a base
The mach1 will hold a valuation advantage just like the Bullitt did - ZIP. What is it with Mustang fanboys that believe this crap? You're paying every penny of that ridiculous $6250 for the PP1 in the Mach. Look in the Mach1 section for "Mach1 is a rip-off" and "Mach1 is a bargain" threads and read up.

what are you getting for 20 grand more?
https://www.malloyfordalexandria.co...a0e0a6b26358b6dcfc86e43.htm?searchDepth=20:20
Unfortunately I'm not making this decision anytime soon since I'm stuck in japan till next year, I just wanted some others options

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I'm not making this decision anytime soon since I'm stuck in japan till next year, I just wanted some others options
Hajime-mashite. Whereabouts? By the time you get back then they'll probably have the Mach available in Red and dealer discounts. :)

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Hajime-mashite. Whereabouts? By the time you get back then they'll probably have the Mach available in Red and dealer discounts. :)
I'm stationed out in yokosuka right now, honestly don't even know if the Mach will be available for order by the time I get back 😅

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
PP2 didnt' come with coolers which was it's problem. All Mach have all the coolers and are updated PP2 for simplistic comparison purposes.
Oh okay; it sounds like PP2+ then. But not all Mach1s have the gigantic PP2 wheels and tires, no? So a weird combination of PP1, PP2, and PP2+ (the coolers). Suspension tuning should be PP2 then, correct? That's why the Bullitt (PP1) was the most 'performance' I could get, since even with MagneRide, and in the softest mode, it's already too stiff for my wife. And borderline stiff for me on long trips. Wish normal was a bit more compliant. That's why I chuckle when people compare the Bullitt with the Mach 1; it's not an apples to apples comparison. It is with a PP2 GT.

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
For me personally, the biggest reason to go with GT PP1 instead of Bullitt or Mach1 was the option to get it in convertible form. Probably not what you're looking for, but worth mentioning anyway. I only want a good convertible cruiser, everything else is optional.

Also, people used to complain about the inability to get Adaptive cruise control on Mach1. Not sure if that's still true. But may be a deal-breaker for some, too.
Sponsored