Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Not sure how accurate, but one youtuber said the automatic did the 1/4 in 4 seconds and the manual in 4.2.
I'm doubting 1/4 was done in 4 sec or 4.2 sec., you must have meant 0-60
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't driven the Mach 1, but I had an 18 manual GT, and now have a GT350. I can't say that the GT shifter is any shorter throw than the 350, so not sure what they are talking about. Also, the 350's have always been twin disc, so that would feel close to the same in the Mach 1, or at least I would think...

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
I posed a question a while ago in a thread about whether or not the MGW shifter that 350 owners are buying would also work with the Mach 1 because of the shared transmission and a comment was added that MGW and perhaps another manufacturer would be working on a 'Mach 1 specific' shifter... If the 350 shifter is all that and a bag of chips why were 350 owners replacing them with aftermarket shifters??? Hence, if the factory shifter in the Mach 1 will have an aftermarket option that improves the performance of the transmission then 'WooHoo!' and it's another great option for a mod that makes the Mach 1 even better!

Sponsored

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Potential Mach 1 owner
I'm waiting on the magazine reviews of the SS 1LE for $43k in comparison to the Mach 1 HP for $57k. We'll see what, shakes out for performance/$ value. I'm assuming to know the results already. SS 1LE will outperform in most/all areas measurable. They'll praise the Mach 1 HP for ease daily use and livability. Then they'll say, "$13-14k premium for the Mach 1 HP is a tough pill to swallow and is underwhelming for the ~30% price variance. Buy what you will enjoy and desire to own."

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if it has already been mentioned in the video reviews as I haven't watched them all yet, but are there any specs for 0-60 or 1/4 mile yet? I'm guessing they will be about the same as the Bullitt which was almost identical to the GT if I am not mistaken.
No, and there likely won't be from this particular event. This was a press event that allowed the cars to be driven on the street and track. They were not permitted to equip them with the telemetry hardware need to provide such metrics. I suspect we'll see those in a few weeks though, if history is any indicator.

I'm waiting on the magazine reviews of the SS 1LE for $43k in comparison to the Mach 1 HP for $57k. We'll see what, shakes out for performance/$ value. I'm assuming to know the results already. SS 1LE will outperform in most/all areas measurable. They'll praise the Mach 1 HP for ease daily use and livability. Then they'll say, "$13-14k premium for the Mach 1 HP is a tough pill to swallow and is underwhelming for the ~30% price variance. Buy what you will enjoy and desire to own."
I agree with this assessment. The GM fanboys so want the Mach 1 to be "the answer" to the 1LE-equipped SS trims, but that was not what this Mach 1 was ever engineered to be.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
I highly doubt the SS 1LE will outperform the Mach 1 in any performance tests except 0-60 where it still has a power advantage. The PP2 was already even with it and the Mach 1 being slightly above that.

Having said that the SS 1LE is absolutely the better value performance car and I believe the Mach 1 is overpriced to hell.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The PP2 was already even with it and the Mach 1 being slightly above that.
the PP2's meager 1 second advantage (Lighning Lap) is almost if not entirely due to tires (cup2 vs SC3). You can put a blanket over the SS/1LE vs Mach1 or Mach1 HP they will be very close. What you can't cover with a blanket is the price disparity.

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Not sure how accurate, but one youtuber said the automatic did the 1/4 in 4 seconds and the manual in 4.2.
1/4 mile is not a road course.

Sponsored

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
the PP2's meager 1 second advantage (Lighning Lap) is almost if not entirely due to tires (cup2 vs SC3). You can put a blanket over the SS/1LE vs Mach1 or Mach1 HP they will be very close. What you can't cover with a blanket is the price disparity.
The PP2 would’ve destroyed the 1LE in every category if it wasn’t for the gear ratios of the MT-82D4. The performance of the 2018+ GT M6 is embarrassing all because of them.

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
The camaro's big problem is impracticality, you can see out of it and the trunk space is non existent. If you want al lthat, just buy a vette.

The stang is a pony car you can live with, the camaro is no.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The PP2 would’ve destroyed the 1LE in every category if it wasn’t for the gear ratios of the MT-82D4. The performance of the 2018+ GT M6 is embarrassing all because of them.
have you driven VIR?

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I highly doubt the SS 1LE will outperform the Mach 1 in any performance tests except 0-60 where it still has a power advantage. The PP2 was already even with it and the Mach 1 being slightly above that.

Having said that the SS 1LE is absolutely the better value performance car and I believe the Mach 1 is overpriced to hell.
If you load up a premium GT PP1 and a premium Mach 1 (no handling pack) the difference is about $3,800. I'd pay that to get the Tremec, unique front end, coolers and the rest of the Mach 1 extras. (that said the loaded up GT is about $54,000 and I'm sure you could get it for quite a few thousand less, hard to find a discount on the Machs) but still.... I'll take the Mach 1

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Potential Mach 1 owner
I agree with this assessment. The GM fanboys so want the Mach 1 to be "the answer" to the 1LE-equipped SS trims, but that was not what this Mach 1 was ever engineered to be.
Mach 1 premium with HP, Recaros, and red brake calipers... you're already at $61k +... ZL1 is $64k base. Amenities are abundant and included in the ZL1 too... Not to mention the 650HP/650TQ.

That'll be the comparison. Dollar for dollar performance and what you get for your money as you drive it off the lot from the dealership. Not could-of, would-of, should-of excuses with regard to gearing and other failures from Ford. 2017 SS 1LE had been out since 2016 for Ford to benchmark off of.

Trunk opening and visibility are not $13k+ advantage of value for the Mustang.

Proving tough for me to justify $61k for something I can obtain for $43k in a SS with only the 1LE package as an option and get same amenities. Just waiting for the numbers and commentary of other related note worthy details to come out between the 2. Feelings of disappointment are rumbling in my gut for the predicted results I have.
Sponsored

Last edited: