Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Not bad video and he modded the rear spoiler to HP style so you get a good idea of how it looks on actual car. I had thought really weren’t supposed to drive around with the Gurney flap though

I would think with the gurney flap on (and even with it off) that the car would be unbalanced. I'm thinking that too much down force in the rear without the proper front splitter would create lift in the front. I feel that these things are worked out by Ford and are suppose to work together. Or not?....What the heck do I know? lol. Just my thoughts.
Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
I would think with the gurney flap on (and even with it off) that the car would be unbalanced. I'm thinking that too much down force in the rear without the proper front splitter would create lift in the front. I feel that these things are worked out by Ford and are suppose to work together. Or not?....What the heck do I know? lol. Just my thoughts.
That’s a good point I agree

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say the spoiler without gurney flap doesn't change the down force too much, people install aftermarket spoilers all the time and this one isn't the biggest. However for optimum performance you really want both splitter and spoiler and best in Handling Package with the proper calibration. But I wouldn't be worried with using just the spoiler. After all GT has pretty big optional spoiler too.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Just looked on a window sticker for an automatic at a dealer near me. It shows no GG tax, 15 mpg city, 21 highway, 18 combined. Then for a manual it shows 14 / 22 / 17, with the $1,000 tax. Looked at about 10 stickers, all were like this. So the net extra cost for the automatic is really $595, not $1,595.
It appears to be a confusing issue, at least to me. At first, I thought it was a by-state, US-only deal, but then I saw many discrepancies on the window stickers. Some had the GG tax with autos and some with manuals but not all.
I'd like to compare some Canadian Mach 1's but haven't seen any yet, so can't draw anything from that at present.
You've made a good point on the net cost of the auto that doesn't have the GG tax- that's a cheap optional transmission.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Review of Mach 1 with an automatic transmission from a guy who also reviewed a manual Mach 1 with a Tremec.

Not all that informative when he can't tell a difference in suspension between Magneride and PP1 driving slowly around the city. Why nobody takes these cars to some nice curvy county roads? Some bumps or waves in the road, bit of cornerning and the suspension difference should be clear as day. No comparison between Tremec and automatic or how automatic feels against regular GT either.
i
I'd say the spoiler without gurney flap doesn't change the down force too much, people install aftermarket spoilers all the time and this one isn't the biggest. However for optimum performance you really want both splitter and spoiler and best in Handling Package with the proper calibration. But I wouldn't be worried with using just the spoiler. After all GT has pretty big optional spoiler too.
The GT optional spoiler also comes with a different front splitter that creates more down force. Also the rear spoiler doesn’t create as much downforce than the m1/350/500 spoiler.

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Another decent review, gets a few things wrong still, which is incredible to me ... but not bad

Last edited:

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
He’s seems extremely happy with the orange stripe on the seats. Lol.
Yeah gets wheel options wrong and doesn’t seem to know about handling package

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Track guys should like this review... talks a lot about endurance. Cracked me up that when asked if he could change one thing what would it be, he said the location of the Siri button :crackup: although looks like he may be a paid endorser.
Sponsored