Sponsored

2021 GT500: Manual Trans Option?

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Reality is they can't. They'd have to redesign everything from the flywheel back to handle goons powershifting it. If you want 760/650, you're not getting a manual.

I'm sure that's why they got it programmed to granny shift in the lower gears under full power.
:shock:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hard to believe this when the car weighs over 4k lbs.

If we have to explain it, you wouldn't understand it.
Explain what? I own 2 more Rs. I enjoy them. What it seems like is that you all want to be engaged on your way to cars and coffee. The car was designed and built as a track car. Why do you go to the track? Parade laps?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I just got done running this car at Daytona. I ran in the Pro group and kicked the living sh*t out of it. This car has no business with a manual trans in it. Could it be done? Sure. But why would you want to? it will absolutely cause lower performance levels and slower lap times.

I suffered a mechanical failure which caused the car to be unserviceable for Saturday and Sunday. I brought one of my GT350Rs out to replace it. Suddenly everything ran in slow motion and my lap times went up significantly.

For those who want the third pedal at all costs, i ask why? Don't give me that "rowing your own gears" crap or "more engaged with the experience" sh*t. If that's what you want, get a GT350. If you care about performance and the end result, get a GT500. Believe me, paddle shifters or not, there is plenty of engagement with this car on the track. You are going a hell of a lot faster and things around you happen a lot faster. I felt plenty engaged with the machine.

It was F'in incredible.
Thats awesome! i was looking forward to your feedback especially at max potential. Do you have any video to share?
Curious about what ended your day, but i figure thats none of my business and you would share it if/when you decide.

Im not a roadcourse guy, but the way this car drives, makes me want to take it on one. I wont, because id hate to do something to this car like that. I have contemplated picking up another E92 M3 dct to scratch that itch however

Hard to believe this when the car weighs over 4k lbs.

If we have to explain it, you wouldn't understand it.
I truly believe user's like this are here merely as a way to entice drama to get the forums active again, by design

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
For those who want the third pedal at all costs, i ask why? Don't give me that "rowing your own gears" crap or "more engaged with the experience" sh*t.
I've driven a couple 700+ hp cars with manuals. They were fantastic.

I want it because I want it. Maybe spend less time concerning yourself with what other people want?

It's always curious to me that people who like manuals want the option for a manual, whereas people who want automatics don't want people who like manuals to have the option for a manual.

See the difference? MYOB.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thats awesome! i was looking forward to your feedback especially at max potential. Do you have any video to share?
Curious about what ended your day, but i figure thats none of my business and you would share it if/when you decide.

Im not a roadcourse guy, but the way this car drives, makes me want to take it on one. I wont, because id hate to do something to this car like that. I have contemplated picking up another E92 M3 dct to scratch that itch however

I truly believe user's like this are here merely as a way to entice drama to get the forums active again, by design
I have lots of video. I will share what I can, when I can. I am still working out a kink with the car, once that is sorted, I plan to do a writeup.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
C'mon. 90% of them are bought by street poseurs.
If they made a manual option, they'd sell the shit out of it.

My Mom's Macan has a DCT, it's annoying as hell. Does shift fast though.

90 more like 99%.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reality is they can't. They'd have to redesign everything from the flywheel back to handle goons powershifting it. If you want 760/650, you're not getting a manual.

I'm sure that's why they got it programmed to granny shift in the lower gears under full power.
:shock:

Even the DCT in the car has a slight bog off off idle, probably for self preservation of both driver and car.

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
The fact this car doesn't have a manual for me means I won't be purchasing. The DCT/PDK cars are brilliant with forced induction as the boost doesn't drop off between shifts. However, DCT/PDK cars I call sugar high vehicles. After it wears off you want a manual. I don't care if the car is a tad slower, it's about driver involvement. I came out of PCars and BMW M cars and a lot of those drivers after awhile got out of their DCT cars back into a manual. Also, on resale the manuals go for more money. The GT500 with their ADMs would almost push me onto a 992.2S, which now has a manual option.
Funny. I’ve never felt more involved / connected to a car before than my GT500. Came from a 700 hp Viper preceded by a Terminator.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

How am I causing drama, by expressing my opinion on a forum. See all my other posts throughout this forum, what drama have I caused? All I said I would never buy this car without a manual. You would, awesomeđź‘Ť

Regarding the DCT E92 M3, excellent track toy. Gut her out to about 3400lbs and a ton of fun

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny. I’ve never felt more involved / connected to a car before than my GT500. Came from a 700 hp Viper preceded by a Terminator.
Everyone's experience is different..so glad for you.

Sponsored

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Having driven mine as my 1st DCT car, I can see where a manual would in certain cases be more fun on the street. But if fast laps are wanted.. you know the answer

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Does anyone have info. on a manual trans option for the 2021 GT500? Fingers crossed.
The DCT is so much cooler than a manual. I would have never believed it till tried it, I was reluctant, but the members here convinced me.

That being said it’s interesting that Porsche is back to offering a manual.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I went from the 500 to a 350R and have zero regrets doing so. I put about 80 miles on the R yesterday and was such more engaging than the 500. Why? Manual of course. Of course the 500 is faster but I can definitely say I had more excitement and joy out of the 80 miles yesterday than I ever did with the 500 and I put about 600 miles on the 500. You will never win the argument for either side and I do think ford should’ve offered the consumer the choice with the 500 just like they do with other mustangs and therefore the better choice for me was having the manual so I chose to go with the 350R.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
I went from the 500 to a 350R and have zero regrets doing so. I put about 80 miles on the R yesterday and was such more engaging than the 500. Why? Manual of course. Of course the 500 is faster but I can definitely say I had more excitement and joy out of the 80 miles yesterday than I ever did with the 500 and I put about 600 miles on the 500. You will never win the argument for either side and I do think ford should’ve offered the consumer the choice with the 500 just like they do with other mustangs and therefore the better choice for me was having the manual so I chose to go with the 350R.
Yep I had a GT350 it’s a great car totally different than the 500. If the 500 came in manual I wonder how much faster the DCT would be than a manual 500

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Someone who gets it..:D
Sponsored