2021 GT500: Manual Trans Option?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Someone who gets it..:D
No, someone who agrees with you, thats all.

I just took out one of the R models the other day. A pleasant and enjoyable experience. There is nothing wrong with the R or any manual...... however in terms of performance, it is certainly second place in any kind of track or performance setting.

I drove the two cars back to back on the same track. There is zero comparison. If you choose the third pedal option, it would be only to meet your self gratuitous need to shift your own gears to make you feel part of some kind of experience that you feel is lacking.

To each their own. I prefer each one for what it is.
Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
No, someone who agrees with you, thats all.

I just took out one of the R models the other day. A pleasant and enjoyable experience. There is nothing wrong with the R or any manual...... however in terms of performance, it is certainly second place in any kind of track or performance setting.

I drove the two cars back to back on the same track. There is zero comparison. If you choose the third pedal option, it would be only to meet your self gratuitous need to shift your own gears to make you feel part of some kind of experiemce that you feel is lacking.

To each their own. I prefer each one for what it is.
Well not everyone can afford two vehicles. You have the luxury of having both which you are fortunate to have. Regardless it’s my opinion your opinion etc. There will be several that agree with mine and several that agree with you. No wrong in either choice.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well not everyone can afford two vehicles. You have the luxury of having both which you are fortunate to have. Regardless it’s my opinion your opinion etc. There will be several that agree with mine and several that agree with you. No wrong in either choice.
If I had to choose one, it would be the 500. Period dot, no regrets. By far a superior track car.

I'm still in awe over the difference.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
If I had to choose one, it would be the 500. Period dot, no regrets. By far a superior track car.

I'm still in awe over the difference.
If I had to choose one it would be the 350R. Far more engaging and the drivers car. But trust me I get where your coming from. If I only cared about the track then the 500 would be the more logical choice if concerned about lap times though I think you can enjoy the R just as much on the track but at some difference in lap times.

Enjoy your car it definitely is an amazing car that ford delivered.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If I had to choose one it would be the 350R. Far more engaging and the drivers car. But trust me I get where your coming from. If I only cared about the track then the 500 would be the more logical choice if concerned about lap times though I think you can enjoy the R just as much on the track but at some difference in lap times.

Enjoy your car it definitely is an amazing car that ford delivered.
What else is there? Cars and coffee? Why would you buy a track car for anything other than the track? I don't suppose you installed a back seat?????

Why would anyone want a car that is less capable or is inferior for the purpose it was designed? The R is a fun little car, but it isn't a 500.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
What else is there? Cars and coffee? Why would you buy a track car for anything other than the track? I don't suppose you installed a back seat?????

Why would anyone want a car that is less capable or is inferior for the purpose it was designed? The R is a fun little car, but it isn't a 500.
I left the conversation with a good comment and was a nice compliment. If you truly feel the way you do about the 500 then why do you even have an R? Seems it makes you feel good about yourself to boast so much about the 500 and then belittle the 350. I’m glad the 500 makes you feel the way you do about it but it did not for me. Respect my thoughts and opinions and likewise I will yours.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Obviously not much has changed over the last many months and to suggest that "The R model is a fun little car" is just absolutely hilarious.

You just can't make up this stuff and one of the best quotes ever!!

:giggle: :giggle:

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
Obviously not much has changed over the last many months and to suggest that "The R model is a fun little car" is just absolutely hilarious.

Hilarious like the guys whose fragile manhood depends on having a clutch pedal?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

I think those were Billy's words. You never fail to disappoint Harry.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tom do you ever have civil conversations? Just asking for a friend.
Yes, all the time. Who would your friend be?

Maybe your friend will quit in protest again, lol

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
What a bunch of crap this thread turned into.

If guys like to drive manual, that’s awesome and the 350/R is the best bang for your buck for the experience you prefer. GT500 is probably not for you. Check!

Guys need to be the fastest on the track and don’t care how the gears are shifted? Get a GT500, it will get the job done the fastest out of any Ford production car. Check!

Anything else is just opinion about what one prefers and that’s the beauty of having choices.
Sponsored