Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
And you cannot. And maybe that is the reason the troll keeps typing at his commando keyboard.
How do you keep a troll in suspense?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Behind closed doors per say, that's exactly what happens. Take a high end/designer clothing store for example. They will literally price their items based on the price willing to be paid by the consumer, essentially saying 'they can afford it, because they are buying it'.

Point being is that a car is priced to a demand/supply curve, nothing else. Competitors can't make a GT500, only Ford can. So if the demand meets the supply, other companies can't get in on the action to increase supply and lower prices. In fact, with covid and the chip shortages etc, demand will be higher than supply you'd think, so the price someone will pay will be above the normal price. Hence why the ADM isn't an issue at the moment.

Doesn't matter what your take on it is, that's how the economics on it work, and will continue to. People that want something and can afford it will buy it, simple.
There is more to it than that. The DCT is about 30K, the 5.2 is about 26K, the CFTP is about another 30Kish that they sell as an option for 18K. People are selling wheel sets online for almost 18K used, and that doesn't include the rest of the package.

So your math is a little off.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
How do you keep a troll in suspense?
You can start by putting the bottle down and going to bed. Thats two nights in a row you came a trollin' and it seems right about the time happy hour has past and you are probably deep into a bottle.

Sleep it off sweet pea.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
There is more to it than that. The DCT is about 30K, the 5.2 is about 26K, the CFTP is about another 30Kish that they sell as an option for 18K. People are selling wheel sets online for almost 18K used, and that doesn't include the rest of the package.

So your math is a little off.
Not sure what maths I did 🤷‍♂️

I was talking about the ADM not the price of the vehicle production. The clothes example is not really appropriate. đź‘Ť

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That wing is stupid

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what maths I did 🤷‍♂️

I was talking about the ADM not the price of the vehicle production. The clothes example is not really appropriate. đź‘Ť
My mistake, I misread your second paragraph. My apologies.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
My thought on all of this is that
Thats two nights in a row you came a trollin' and it seems right about the time happy hour has past and you are probably deep into a bottle.

Sleep it off sweet pea.
No... Go back and read this thread... Pretty sure you pulled the money card out and downplayed the GT people before I said a word.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I think you should put some skin in the game and demonstrate how to properly run a dealership.

This paying over msrp has been going on long before the covid mess.
Is it really supply and demand when units are sitting unsold at dealerships?
If demand was that high, there be no units in inventory.
When in 2021 there are 2020 m.y. units on sales floor new. demand isn't the issue nor supply. Dealers knowing there is a buyer that will pay it if they hold out long enough is the reason.
A local dealer has 12 mustang gt's at all times, but since the"chip/covid mess. only has 2 in inventory, and the other 10 are "in transit" . In reality they are hidden in the dealers overflow lot. This little game has allowed them to get 5k over msrp on every unit, same with exployers only the make up on those is 10k . Why they do this, because they know people will pay it if they "think" there is only 2 units avail. and are more likely to do the deal today. That exployer gets sold, and another comes over from the overflow lot.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
You forgot to mention the transmission…
You're like the lame grammar nazi. doesn't reply to the subject of the quoted post. only a flaw found, no matter how small. ETC should cover it.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More bla bla bla.

That argument was over a year ago when the 500 was coming out.

Thanks for stopping by GT guy
Noted, you skipped over the ford gt comment.
Have a great night. MR nose in the air.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To trolls, yes.

Anyway. Take care my keyboard commando friend.
Says the guy that tells other they'll never own a performance car, then skips over the post when asked if you are claiming your shelby will out lap a FORD GT.
I guess, that isn't a performance car.
Have a great night.
Not a fan of people in the hobby that have their nose in the air, and think their options are worth more weight because they spent money that, as you mock the lowly gt guys.
THat crap is why I don't own the gt anymore, I rather hang with Petroheads that don't belittle others in the hobby.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
You're like the lame grammar nazi. doesn't reply to the subject of the quoted post. only a flaw found, no matter how small. ETC should cover it.
Do I really need to reply to the subject of the thread for you to get it?

Your whole point was about the cost difference and you forget the most expensive item that is included with the car, so yeah, it is exactly like the grammar nazi….
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.