2021 GT500 For Sale at Local Dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
If you think swapping out the springs, shocks, anti roll bars, wheels, brakes, and a v8 engine for a different v8 engine and some extra cooling is worth the extra 45-60k over a loaded gt, have at it.
At the end of the day it is a Ford mustang with a bunch of aftermarket lic. parts with a ford part # thrown at it at the factory.
You would not buy a mod'd up mustang gt that a guy dumped 50k into over cost of the car for 100k+.
But do just that at the ford dealership.
Marketing dept. thank you.
You forgot to mention the transmission…
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If you think swapping out the springs, shocks, anti roll bars, wheels, brakes, and a v8 engine for a different v8 engine and some extra cooling is worth the extra 45-60k over a loaded gt, have at it.
At the end of the day it is a Ford mustang with a bunch of aftermarket lic. parts with a ford part # thrown at it at the factory.
You would not buy a mod'd up mustang gt that a guy dumped 50k into over cost of the car for 100k+.
More bla bla bla.

That argument was over a year ago when the 500 was coming out.

Thanks for stopping by GT guy

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
It is simple and honestly I'm surprised to hear you ask this question. The GT500 was an improvement on the lessons learned from the GT350. Ford Performance decided to develop an improved version in terms of capability and performance for each version.

For example, I had the pleasure of meeting and driving with Billy Johnson at the Daytona International Speedway a while back in one of my GT350Rs. Since I had my order in for a '20 GT500 CFTP, I had a lot of questions to ask the very person who developed the GT500 as well as the GT350 and the Ford GT. The topic of discussion ranged from the GT350 and its performance along with applications but with the subject matter focusing towards the GT500 that was about to come.

Some of my pointed questions included a comparison in terms of suitability to as well as comparative performance characteristics of the 500 vs the 350. In no uncertain terms I was told that the GT500 will be exponentially better in every way to the GT350. Furthermore I was told that anyone of means should get the CFTP. I was set back by that a little bit based upon the infamous track capable car that the GT350R was. Nonetheless, we headed out on the track and I got to watch what the master was capable of. The man is a magician behind the wheel and is one of the best in the business. So when Billy Johnson makes a statement like that, I take that as gospel.

Eventually my CFTP was delivered and the car was absolutely amazing. I was running in the professional racers group and the capabilities of the car shined. I was progressively pushing the car faster and faster driving two minute laps. The car had more in it. I suspect in the hands of Billy, it would be 1:50ish laps, which is insane fast for a car like this.

So anyway, a question that was asked more or less was "what was this car built for"? My answer is it depends on the version you get. The car that I have, the CFTP, is purpose built for the track. Specifically where it shines is fast tracks where you can quickly accelerate to speed and still maneuver on more technical portions of the track. As for the base 500? We've seen many do very well at the strip with relatively minor modifications.

If your game is not some form of track or drag strip, then there are other vehicles for people who don't need the performance. If the person asking the question meant something like "why would anyone who does not take their car to the track need such performance"? Well that comes down to each person's individual reasons. I am a firm believer that anyone who can afford the vehicle should not be kept from buying it because it is their money and their decision of how to spend it. Either version of the GT500 really was not intended to be a "drive to the grocery store" car or whatever. But if a person can afford it and that's what they want to do, then have at it.

Which brings us to the whole ADM discussion. If someone wants something bad enough and they are willing to pay whatever they can afford, they who is anyone else to second judge them? It is a free market that is governed by supply and demand. Adam Smith wrote in wealth of nations about the invisible hand that governs markets based upon free will and that so called invisible hand will guide and move the economy to what it really is.

So, the idea of "lets all hold out and force the dealerships to sell only at MSRP" is preposterous. Anyone who thinks like that is naïve and foolish. It has been and still seems to be the folks who come over here from the GT section of the forum are the ones who think this way. They roll into a dealership parking lot and negotiate MSRP and sub MSRP deals on GTs all the doo da day. For Ford Performance vehicles, it normally doesn't work that way.

So bla bla bla to go along with the bla bla bla of the GT folks.

I leave you with a clip of Billy Johnson driving one of my former R models, HR361. I never had so much fun in a very long time watching a master work in unison with a machine he developed.

Since you own both, do you agree that the 500 is better in every way vs 350/R?

If you could only own 1, which would you keep?

I have an R and have been debating on trading it up for a 500.

RJ

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

RJ
That is a long story. Ill respond to that later.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
One more point on your math, there are plenty of GT500s with MSRPs of less than 80K, so are you saying a loaded GT is less than 35K?

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
More bla bla bla.
That argument was over a year ago when the 500 was coming out.
Thanks for stopping by GT guy
No offense here, but you act like YOU are the definitive authority on this thread... As a GT guy.. I appreciate your input, but really, you just call out anyone that didn't pay to play... Keep paying homeslice.

That is a long story. Ill respond to that later.
You need time to think.. I hope something happens.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
PS... You are so condescending to people...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

RJ
Sorry, my neighbor is having a security issue next door that I was helping with on and off.

So, which is better? That is quite the debate and has fueled many a fire between the third pedal crowd and the DCT fans.

The short answer is that I enjoy the extra power and super fast DCT shifts. It is truly amazing.

But then there are the guys who like rowing their own gears. I enjoy that as well. I own the best of each version and each has its own soul so to speak.

I think Billy nailed it. For me, it was about performance at a big track. I was running my GT350Rs at Daytona and it was great, but I always said it sure would be geeat to have a hundred extra horsepower.

To be honest, a smaller more technical track, combined with a great manual like the tremec, really is fun and rewarding. The 350R is held in such high regard for this very reason.

With that said, they are not the same car. If you are at a big fast track? The GT500 CFTP all day long. If you are at a smaller more technical track, I think the R would be more fun, but the 500 CFTP would without a doubt have a performance advantage.

So again, they are both great cars, but each has their own soul so to speak.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
PS... You are so condescending to people...
Like owning an expensive car makes him smarter than lowly GT owners.
Sorry, my neighbor is having a security issue next door that I was helping with on and off.

So, which is better? That is quite the debate and has fueled many a fire between the third pedal crowd and the DCT fans.

The short answer is that I enjoy the extra power and super fast DCT shifts. It is truly amazing.

But then there are the guys who like rowing their own gears. I enjoy that as well. I own the best of each version and each has its own soul so to speak.

I think Billy nailed it. For me, it was about performance at a big track. I was running my GT350Rs at Daytona and it was great, but I always said it sure would be geeat to have a hundred extra horsepower.

To be honest, a smaller more technical track, combined with a great manual like the tremec, really is fun and rewarding. The 350R is held in such high regard for this very reason.

With that said, they are not the same car. If you are at a big fast track? The GT500 CFTP all day long. If you are at a smaller more technical track, I think the R would be more fun, but the 500 CFTP would without a doubt have a performance advantage.

So again, they are both great cars, but each has their own soul so to speak.
And you have a CTSV too?

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
You'd not pay an extra 100.00 at the food store just because the clerk looked at you and said he can afford it.
Behind closed doors per say, that's exactly what happens. Take a high end/designer clothing store for example. They will literally price their items based on the price willing to be paid by the consumer, essentially saying 'they can afford it, because they are buying it'.

Point being is that a car is priced to a demand/supply curve, nothing else. Competitors can't make a GT500, only Ford can. So if the demand meets the supply, other companies can't get in on the action to increase supply and lower prices. In fact, with covid and the chip shortages etc, demand will be higher than supply you'd think, so the price someone will pay will be above the normal price. Hence why the ADM isn't an issue at the moment.

Doesn't matter what your take on it is, that's how the economics on it work, and will continue to. People that want something and can afford it will buy it, simple.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Like owning an expensive car makes him smarter than likely GT owners.

And you have a CTSV too?
Like a Cadillac CTS? I wasn't aware of a V model, lol

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
People that want something and can afford it will buy it, simple.
Best thing I've read this whole thread. *want* and *afford* are different..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.