2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I have a deal in place but got curious to see what Southern CA dealers would ask for an allocation to order a 2020 Shelby GT500. I called 20 Ford Dealers in SOCAL and 18 of them played stupid like they didn't know about the car or were noncommittal on a price in comparison to MSRP waiting for other dealers to set the market value. One dealer said they had a waiting list for one allocation and would ask for 50k over MSRP. Another dealer wants 100k over MSRP! Do any of you think someone will pay 100K over MSRP?
I believe someone here in south Florida had one going for over 100k in ADM.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Another dealer wants 100k over MSRP! Do any of you think someone will pay 100K over MSRP?
Yeah, that's getting into a weird buyer segment, because let's say a CFTP at $80K-85K + 100K ADM, now you're in new 911 TT-S or Audi R8 Performance territory, or even a lightly used McLaren 570. Someone with that level of "throw away" cash, who would also want to drive a Mustang, seems like a rare mix.

mvisible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see how high the ADM's get for the GT500. I feel like even though the GT350 has been out for several years now, dealers will still mark up the R because of the slight upgrades and short run.

As a side note, and if anyone is interested, i made a video about the differences between the GT500 and GT350 (link below). Its not perfect but check it out if interested. Appreciate the support from the mustang6g crowd. Open to feedback via PM!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
It will be interesting to see how high the ADM's get for the GT500. I feel like even though the GT350 has been out for several years now, dealers will still mark up the R because of the slight upgrades and short run.

As a side note, and if anyone is interested, i made a video about the differences between the GT500 and GT350 (link below). Its not perfect but check it out if interested. Appreciate the support from the mustang6g crowd. Open to feedback via PM!

I watched that like an hour ago.
Nothing in it I didn’t know but it was put together pretty well.
And yes, most all 2019 and 2020 GT350R cars will be marked up.

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
I just got off the phone with a dealer sales associate. The SA claims he spoke with a Ford rep yesterday that was at his dealership. According to that conversation, customer ordered 2020 GT350s are going to be hitting the dealerships in August of THIS year? Does that seem possible? Can anyone confirm?

Dealership also claimed they were getting one allocation, and that the first $10,000 deposit will get to order their car. $10k deposit also seems insane. I special ordered my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro (when no one had them in stock) with only a $200 deposit and a signed dealer sales agreement/contract. Not sure why the huge payment up front on a car they will have a zero trouble selling anywhere in the country.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I believe someone here in south Florida had one going for over 100k in ADM.
Yes, talked to the dealer the other day while I was doing some stuff to my truck and checking on my car. He told me, "yup..150k and the person put down 30k of it."

So yeah.....

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
Bump for Granger Motors in Iowa if you're looking for a 350 or 500. I got my 2019 350 there for invoice - I checked with the owner Zach to make sure he didn't mind me posting info, but they were absolutely fantastic. He said they are getting the 500, I don't know if it is (they are) already accounted for or not. Not sure how many they are getting, but seems it will be at least one. But, he said that "they never sell over MSRP on anything" so someone is going to get one ADM free. Plus, they're just heck of nice guys there. They sell Ford and Dodge so they also get Hellcats etc, highly recommended.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I just got off the phone with a dealer sales associate. The SA claims he spoke with a Ford rep yesterday that was at his dealership. According to that conversation, customer ordered 2020 GT350s are going to be hitting the dealerships in August of THIS year? Does that seem possible? Can anyone confirm?

Dealership also claimed they were getting one allocation, and that the first $10,000 deposit will get to order their car. $10k deposit also seems insane. I special ordered my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro (when no one had them in stock) with only a $200 deposit and a signed dealer sales agreement/contract. Not sure why the huge payment up front on a car they will have a zero trouble selling anywhere in the country.
depends on the overall deal. 10k deposit could be just 10k down, not unheard of or unlikely for actual potential buyers on a 70-80k car. 10k deposit ( ADM) over msrp, is a different story.

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
depends on the overall deal. 10k deposit could be just 10k down, not unheard of or unlikely for actual potential buyers on a 70-80k car. 10k deposit ( ADM) over msrp, is a different story.
They wouldn’t get too specific over the phone. But said to be sold at about MSRP or close to MSRP. Lot of dealers around here selling regular GT350’s under MSRP, but that’s on 2019’s. R’s at MSRP. Looking at the numbers, I had understood that they will actually be making more GT350’s R’s in 2020 than 2019. The production number is capped for 2020 (2800 reg and 30% of them R’s) but I thought that I read that 2019 numbers will end up being actually less than that. Even though 2019 production numbers were not capped.

So, if I’m going GT350 or an R, maybe I should just find a 2019 in the color I want for a better deal. I am having them check on a GT500 but I’m leery because I don’t know the actual price of those ($80k plus?) and because it’s a first year model run with the potential for some bugs to be worked out.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Bump for Granger Motors in Iowa if you're looking for a 350 or 500. I got my 2019 350 there for invoice - I checked with the owner Zach to make sure he didn't mind me posting info, but they were absolutely fantastic. He said they are getting the 500, I don't know if it is (they are) already accounted for or not. Not sure how many they are getting, but seems it will be at least one. But, he said that "they never sell over MSRP on anything" so someone is going to get one ADM free. Plus, they're just heck of nice guys there. They sell Ford and Dodge so they also get Hellcats etc, highly recommended.
Last time I checked there was a list of GT500 buyers. My guess is, with their size, they won't be able to fill the line they have. Zach is a great guy!

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Am very happy with my base R, but would prefer the DCT gearbox. Was pinged by my sales guy yesterday re the 500, suggesting that they expect one allocation. To my surprise, they have no names in their queue. I bought 2 GT350 Rs from them (the only ones they got in MY16 and 17) with a very small ADM. I suggested that I would be interested at that same number, but he came back with $25K ADM :surprised: Now I know why there is no one in their queue. Just passing on the data. FWIW

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Am very happy with my base R, but would prefer the DCT gearbox. Was pinged by my sales guy yesterday re the 500, suggesting that they expect one allocation. To my surprise, they have no names in their queue. I bought 2 GT350 Rs from them (the only ones they got in MY16 and 17) with a very small ADM. I suggested that I would be interested at that same number, but he came back with $25K ADM :surprised: Now I know why there is no one in their queue. Just passing on the data. FWIW
When I saw the list of non-ADM dealerships on the GT350 section of the forums, my first thought was that the big dealers in CA have probably called all of the dealers on that list and offered them at least $5k and probably $10k or more to do a dealer transfer rather than selling to a local customer. It would be hard to pass up.

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, the dealer backtracked and said they wanted a signed letter of intent to purchase the GT500 at “market price”. As a lawyer myself, there’s no way in hell I’m signing such a document. The term isn’t even reasonably ascertainable, so there’s no way it would hold up. I imagine they will try and get $30k over sticker and then sit on the car for a bit. I’m done with this Ford ADM bs. Im not paying $90-100k for a Mustang. I’ll get a 911 Carrera T (or GT4). Peace out! Great talking to y’all. You’ve been all very friendly and helpful.

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Actually, the dealer backtracked and said they wanted a signed letter of intent to purchase the GT500 at “market price”. As a lawyer myself, there’s no way in hell I’m signing such a document. The term isn’t even reasonably ascertainable, so there’s no way it would hold up. I imagine they will try and get $30k over sticker and then sit on the car for a bit. I’m done with this Ford ADM bs. Im not paying $90-100k for a Mustang. I’ll get a 911 Carrera T (or GT4). Peace out! Great talking to y’all. You’ve been all very friendly and helpful.
It comes down to how hard you want to work for it coupled with a little luck. Good luck comes to those that work hard.

I called probably 50 dealers and best I could get for 1st allocation was 5k adm at 2 dealerships.

Then out of the blue I got an msrp offer.

Get your Porsche and if you still want the gt500 they'll be more readily attainable at msrp in a year or 2, or even a lightly used one for a deal!

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Go Blue!